1. Once you have booked in go to the pitch.
2. Reverse or drive onto the allotted pitch. While the car is still attached to
the caravan use a spirit level to check if the caravan is level from side to
3. If it is not level place a ramp in front of the lowest wheel and drive
forward onto the ramp to level it.
4. Pull on the caravan handbrake and chock the wheels, especially if you are on
a sloping pitch.
5. Disconnect 12v connections, breakaway cable and stabiliser (if fitted).
6. Unclamp and lower the jockey wheel until it touches the ground, re-clamp
7. If you are on soft ground place a wood or plastic spreader plate under the
8. Wind down the Jockey wheel, while holding the hitch handle up, until the
hitch is separated from the towball.
9. Move car forward out of the way and replace towball cover.
10. Place a spirit level lengthways on the caravan floor and adjust the height
of the jockey wheel until the caravan is level.
11. When the caravan is level lower all of the corner steadies, placing
spreaders under the feet.
12. Put the caravan step in position and enter the caravan. Switch the 12v
system to ‘caravan’
13. Unpack the mains cable (if to be used) and insert it into the socket on the
14. Make sure the caravan mains switch is ‘off’ and then uncoil the whole cable
and carefully position it from the caravan to the mains socket for your pitch.
Connect the plug to socket.
15. Switch on the mains switch in the caravan.
Please ensure after you connect your mains lead to the hook up point that you test the trip R.C.D.in your van. If this does not work and you know your caravan electrics are ok you should contact the site warden as there may be a fault in the hook up. Camp sites have to have their hook up systems tested once every 12 months minimum and a certificate issued to this effect. A genuine site will not mind your call. Remember if this system does not work you may not have any protection against electric shock if there is a fault in the system.
16. Connect and switch on the LPG cylinder. Switch fridge to gas and light, (or
mains if hook up is used).
17. Fill up water container and place pump into it and then connect to inlet.
18. Place waste tank under van and connect hose to tank and outlet socket.
19. If applicable fill up the cassette toilet top tank. Purge the water heater
by running the hot tap until water runs steadily and bubble free. Switch on
20. Put the kettle on and have a cuppa, or open a bottle of wine.
21. Once you have had a rest arrange the awning poles on the ground in their
22. Thread the awning through awning channel. Start assembling poles. Peg out
23. Check that you have stowed all bags for water, waste, awning, and awning
poles in a safe place. Remove the extra mirrors from the car.