1. Check car tyre pressures - adjust for towing
2. Check wheel nuts for tightness using torque wrench
3. Turn of LPG cylinder(s) and ensure they are securely strapped upright
4. Empty water tanks, carry any water you need for the journey in a small
5. Check nose weight of caravan - see our guide for correct caravan loading
6. Secure any loose items in caravan, close windows, roof lights, fridge catch,
and all catches|
7. Set 12v control panel to car or off switch fridge to 12v
8. Once you have finished in the caravan, ensure the handbrake is fully on.
9. Raise the corner steadies and stow winding handle and step. Lock door
10. Hitch up check hitch mechanism is fully engaged.
11. Wind jockey wheel up, unclamp and raise to highest position. Re-clamp
securely. Fit stabiliser bar (if used)
12. Attach breakaway cable, preferably to pigtail or secure part of the towing
bracket DO NOT LOOP OVER TOWBALL
13. Connect 12v cables making sure there is enough slack to turn corners.
14. Check all road lights are working
15. Fully release handbrake
16. Check all mirrors are adjusted properly
17. Walk around the entire unit for a final check all items secured away? (Towball
cover, step, winding handle, step, chocks, etc.)
18. Caravan level or slightly nose down? Car sits level?
19. You are now ready to go. After about 15-20 minutes stop and make sure all
cupboards, windows, doors and roof light are still secure.
20. Are the wheels cool _ if not then you may have a binding brake get it
21. Everything still secure in caravan?
22. Everything OK continue with Journey.