Designed to work hand in hand with the
- Need additional load carrying capacity?
- Prefer a solution that is simple, convenient & portable?
- Looking for a system that is interchangeable between cars?
- Fed-up with the inflexibility & cost of normal roof bars?
A HandiRack is simple to use and takes no time to fit. In only a matter
of minutes you will be on your way to discovering a hassle free means to
transport anything from a kayak to flat-pack furniture from IKEA! The
HandiRack fits 4-door & 2-door cars and can carry loads of up to 80kg
(subject to individual vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations).
What is a HandiRack?
Designed for rugged outdoor use in Australia, the award winning HandiRack
is a unique, multi purpose, portable load carrier. It provides an amazingly
easy means to transport all manner of loads from ladders to kayaks, surf
boards to flat-pack furniture. Not only is the HandiRack simple to use, but
being inflatable means that when not in use it is very compact and can be
easily stored in the boot of the car or on a shelf in the garage.
The HandiRack is immensely strong (it has a patented triple-layer skin),
totally safe, complies with ISO/PAS 11154 and couldn't be easier to
assemble. The straps pass through the car doors and the bars inflate in a
matter of seconds using the supplied HandiPump.
How does it work?
The HandiRack couldn't be easier to assemble and fit. Each HandiRack
comes with detailed instructions and the whole fitting process takes just a
matter of minutes. The HandiRack's innovative design doesn't affect the door
operations in any way. You can still open and shut the doors as often as you
like and operate the windows normally.
When you reach your journey's end, simply release the fitting strap, deflate
the bars, pack your HandiRack into its drawstring travel bag and place it in
the boot. You'll probably forget about it until the next time you're
suddenly faced with carrying some unwieldy and bulky item back from the
store, piste, auction, beach, car boot sale, garden centre etc. but will be
relieved to remember that you have the HandiRack to hand.
Will it fit my car?
The Handirack has been tried and tested the HandiRack on everything from
a Rolls Royce to a Nissan Micra and it fits them all. If your car has
doors...even Gull Wing doors or roof rails... then the HandiRack can be
fitted easily and safely.
The HandiRack will fit just about any car including:
- 4-doors / hatchbacks / estates
- 2-doors with rear opening quarter- light windows
- 2-doors with fixed rear quarter- light windows
- Cars with roof rails
- Cars with sunroofs
The HandiRack is unsuitable for the following:
- Cars fitted with curtain airbags (these deploy from the top of the
- Convertibles & cabriolets
- Some cars with high domed shaped roofs
They even fitted a HandiRack onto a Ferrari which doesn't have
traditional door frames, just windows that slide into the roof... and yes,
it still works perfectly.
So now you can sling your surf boards onto your Ferrari and look really
sporty. The only cars we don't recommend using the HandiRack on of course
are convertibles and cabriolets. The HandiRack would still work, but your
roof would probably collapse!
Why buy a HandiRack?
How many times have you found yourself in the situation of needing to
transport something large or bulky, but just not having the means to do it?
Or perhaps when on a shopping trip and your eyes prove bigger than your
boot! The HandiRack is the perfect cost-effective solution. Just some of the
benefits are as follows:
- Multi purpose – the list of items that it can carry is endless
- Versatile - fits most cars
- Compact size – can be kept in the boot
- Portable – can be carried as hand luggage (great for hire cars!)
- Handy – it’s always to hand and there when you need it
- Flexible – interchangeable between vehicles
- Simple – very easy to fit
- Convenient – takes just minutes to fit to the car
- Strong – can carry loads of up to 80kg*
- Kind to equipment – air filled bars cushions loads over bumps & rough
- Fuel efficient – less drag and noise than normal roof bars
- Backed by a 1 year manufacturing defect warrantee
- Fully complies with ISO/PAS 11154
*Subject to individual vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations
What did we think?