Ingredients (per person)
- 1 large onion or 2 small ones,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 1 tbs cooking oil,
- 1 tin of tomatoes,
- 1 squirt of tomatoe puree or ketchup,
- 1 tsp sugar,
- an eighth of a tsp each of Chili,
- Cayenne Pepper,
- 1 pepper fresh or frozen any vegetables available fresh or frozen or
- I often use carrots or peas,
- 2 Eggs,
- some sausages cooked and sliced or any other cooked meat or for vegetarian
option omit meat.
Chop onion and garlic and begin to fry in oil.
Add tomatoes, tomatoe puree or ketchup and sugar.
Now add spices, any you don't have don't use.
Keep everything simmering and stir occasionaly.
Chop or slice any vegetables you may have chosen to use and add these along
with cooked sausage or other cooked meat.
Make sure any meat is heated thoroughly.
Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionaly.
Make 2 dents in mixture and crack the eggs into the dents trying not to break
Cover with a plate or lid and poach eggs till white is firm.
Serve on plates and eat with bread or jacket potato or whatever you like [rice
is good as are chips]