This is a quick and simple dinner that only requires a single cooker ring.|
- 1 lb (500gms) Mince - beef or lamb,
- Onion - chopped small,
- Tin of chopped toms,
- Tin of Baked Beans,
- Tin of carrots/peas,
- 3 or 4 garlic cloves,
- 250 gms packet of dried noodles,
- Stock cube if you remember.
1) In a large pan fry the mince, onion, and garlic together (Fat bum insists on this ingredient) until the fat is sweated out - this can be skimmed off if required,
2) Add the toms, carrots/peas, stock cube, and water (about 1/2 pint) ,
3) Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 20 mins,
4) Add the beans and noodles,
5) Bring back to the boil and then simmer for about 5 mins until the noodles are ready.
REMEMBER to stir once you have added beans/noodles as it is liable to stick. Serve with plenty of wine or beer (we havent tried the "pink stuff" yet!!). The above quantities will feed 2 adults, and our 3 boys aged 13, 10, and 7.
At home we use this recipe as a casserole by slinging it into the oven for 20 mins @ 180C with a heavy sprinkling of grated cheese.