|Spending time with family and friends can create some amazing memories – and with your own holiday home you can get together whenever you wish.
Owning a caravan or luxury lodge holiday home opens up a lifestyle of endless holidays. Escape at just a moment’s notice and relax whenever and for however long you like - no advance booking required! Holiday homes also now offer all the comforts of home with spacious and modern interiors, fully fitted kitchens, and a range of bedroom options. The space is on average about three times the size of a normal touring caravan!
With hundreds of different styles of caravan holiday homes, and many holiday parks to choose from - where do you start?
|We have teamed up with Park Holidays UK to bring you a helpful guide to buying a caravan or lodge holiday home.
Park Holidays UK is the leading holiday park operator in the south of England. They offer Caravan Holidays, Touring Pitches and Holiday Home Ownership across 24 great holiday park locations in Devon, Dorset, Hampshire, Sussex, Kent, Essex and Suffolk.
So here are our top things to consider helping guide you in finding the right park and the right holiday home
1. Location, Location, Location!
• Where in the UK would you like your static caravan holiday home to be?
Most people choose a location under two hours’ drive from home so they
can get most use of it for breaks, or longer periods. Do you want to be
by the sea or in a countryside setting?
• Research UK caravan holiday parks to find the park that’s ideal for
you and your interests.
• Visit some parks to view some of the new & used static caravans for sale helping you get an idea of what it is like and if it is right for
you. Park Holidays UK offer
VIP Tours, so you can fully experience the
park lifestyle – they even give you £20 to spend on the park during your
• Focus on parks such as Park Holidays UK that are members of The
National Caravan Council and The British Holidays & Home Parks
Association. Member caravan holiday parks comply with a caravan sales
Code of Practice to ensure static caravan buyers are treated fairly.
2. Home from Home
• What type of holiday home is right for you – Caravan or Lodge? 2 or 3
bedrooms? Open plan or traditional layout? Check out Park Holidays UK’s
Holiday Home Showcase for help!
• Season Lengths – Choose a park that offers a length of season that
suits your needs - you can stay on park the whole season at most parks -
often up to 11 ½ months.
• Are you looking to sell your current home? Many Holiday Home owners
choose to use profits from the sale of a house to downsize to a smaller
property and purchase a holiday home. Park Holidays UK
scheme could help you to sell your property.
3. Raid the Piggybank!
• What is your budget? Choose new or used - caravans for sale range from
under £10,000 for a used static caravan to over £100,000 for a luxurious
• Think out about static
caravan finance - there are lots of options and
affordable payment plans
• Check what the running costs are - pitch fees start from £2,000
depending on the location and level of facilities. Check what’s included
so that you are comparing like for like.
• Do you want an extra income from subletting when you are not using it
- most parks offer a hassle free letting scheme. Park Holidays UK even
Help to Buy scheme, allowing you to use future letting income
towards a deposit for your holiday home.
|There is lots of information available online, in
particular on the Park Holidays UK - but the best way to find out more
is to visit the park of your choice. Be guests for the day, enjoy a
guided tour and view the latest static caravan models, or even better
take a holiday with Park Holidays UK and if you decide to buy one of
their caravans they will refund the cost of your holiday!