Ever thought of the great lifestyle you could have with a holiday home of your very own?
Just get up and go, no packing or booking - with all the comforts of home! Lots of space, the latest in interior designs, with well appointed lounge, fully fitted kitchen plus 2 or 3 bedroom options - often with en-suite bathrooms. The space is on average about three times the size of a normal touring caravan.
We have teamed up with Park Holidays UK to bring you this introduction into buying a caravan holiday home.
Park Holidays UK are the leading holiday park operator in the south of England. As well as their touring & camping sites, there is a choice of 25 great holiday park locations in Devon, Dorset, Hampshire, Sussex, Kent, Essex & Suffolk.
Your holiday home will be set in a landscaped parkland setting - with all the holiday park facilities right on your doorstep. Most parks offer a swimming pool complex plus friendly clubhouse with entertainment for all the family.
So here are a few points to guide you in finding the right park and the right holiday home -
- Where’s your ideal location? Most people choose a location under two hours drive from home so they can get most use of it for breaks, or longer periods.
- Do you want an extra income from subletting when you are not using it - most parks offer a hassle free letting scheme.
- Choose a park that offers a length of season that suits your needs - you can stay on park the whole season at most parks - often up to 10 ½ months.
- Do you want a new or used model? There are used caravans for sale from under £10,000, with new models typically from around £15,000- sometimes there are even a few free caravans.
- If you are looking at used caravans, make sure you buy from a reputable seller and that gas and electric tests have been made. Ask about the warranty period.
- Check what the running costs are - pitch fees range from around £2,000 to £5,000 depending on the location and level of facilities. Check what’s included so that you are comparing like for like.
- Make sure you deal with a park that is a member of the British Holiday & Home Parks Association or National Caravan Council - your guarantee of high park standards and customer service.
- Take your time making a decision - there is lots of information available online. Why not view the latest caravan holiday home model brochures for starters? Park Holidays UK has a great Holiday Home Showcase to give you an idea of the perfect Holiday Home for you!
Visit the Park Holidays UK website for more information - you can request a free brochure & DVD, or arrange a park visit with free family visitor passes. You can also arrange a cheap inspection visit with an overnight stay, or even claim a free night with your touring caravan or tent! If you are lucky you could even Win a Caravan.