Receiver Features and Benefits
- This receiver is the Easyfind enhanced version of the Comag de-facto
standard, for Free to Air satellite reception, for caravans and campers.
It has a 12v power option, is simple to operate, compact and very light.
- Remote control handset included
- Power draw of only 12W in use and 2W in standby mode
- 12 volt or 240 volt power options with included 12v car and 240v
- Full English instructions - simple to setup in minutes
- Receive hundreds of UK channels, all the Freesat channels and more
- 1 SCART connection for TV
- Composite video (Yellow) and Audio (Red and White) outputs for TVs
without a SCART socket
- Screen aspect ratios can be set to 4:3, 16:9, and automatically
- Electronic Programme Guide EPG (up to 14 days in advance,
- Pre-programmed for all main satellites and others are easily
- The multilingual user interface supports more than 10 languages
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 210mm x 130mm x 48mm
- The dish is very high quality with a strong arm that folds up and
down into position for compact stowage and simple setup.
- The LNB is compact, high quality, low noise and just clips into
- The angle of the dish is adjusted on a unique smooth sliding
mechanism for easy setup.
- The entire kit is very lightweight - only 6KG (plus 1KG for the
heavy duty satellite holdall).
- The tripod is collapsible and very solid when erected -in fact it's
virtually immovable. It has a specially designed neck to allow
unrestricted rotation of the satellite dish independent of the base. The
attached support pin allows rotation without tightening the clamp until
you have set the correct direction.
- They have written and supplied a complete set of instructions for
setup up the kit and getting a great signal.
Note that this kit includes the fantastic Easyfind Free to Air receiver!
If you have a Freeview TV, you still need this receiver, which will then
connect to your Freeview TV using a scart lead.
What did we think?
From the point of ordering the service was superb and the unit arrived,
vey well packaged to protect it, within a couple of working days. Upon
receipt of the box we checked all the contents and all was as it should be.
The unit is as described and very easy to set up. The legs just pop
down and click into place, the arm for the LNB simply clicks in. The legs
and the dish supporting arm simply lock into each other and the dish is
secured by a few bolts. We had the unit set up in a matter of minutes
Then we came to fixing the dish onto the satellite and locating the
signal, anyone who has tried this can know had hard it can be if you are not
well practised in it, which I am not. The kit comes with full
instructions advising you at what angle to point the point the dish and the
rough direction. They even supply a compass to assist with this. On
the back of the dish bracket are the angles embossed in, this helps
immensely when aiming the dish to the sky.
Once located and the box fired into life, we were happy to sit and watch
the wide variety of free to air channels that the box receives.
Disassembly was only a few minutes and it all packed away neatly into its
own large black carry case to ensure no parts are misplaced. Overall a
great unit and perfect for a quick setup and take down time.
Where can I get them from
You can find out more about the Satgear Premium Portable 54cm Satellite
kit with Easyfind Receiver and purchase them from the
Satgear Website currently selling for £219.95