|This is possibly the best 4 bike wheel support rack on
the market for less than £300!
What's the big deal about the Buzz
Fundamentally it's down to design, safety, quality, and ease of use - and
it is to our knowledge the only 4 bike wheel support rack to meet the
requirements of ISO standard R18-904-4. Consider the following::
- It's supplied almost fully assembled; minimum work is required.
- It's the right shape for storing in the boot when not in use.
- It fits to all tow balls with an easy "first time out only"
adjustment system, even the occasional tow ball that does not meet BS
- The Buzz Quattro is particularly well balanced and therefore you can
walk it onto the tow ball without it bumping on your shins.
- Fitting is simple and fast: Place the carrier on the tow ball and
tighten 2 nuts - the tools are provided.
- The Buzz Quattro is genuinely easy to tilt, well balanced during the
tilting phase, and tilts far enough for use even on vehicles with
- It sits high on the tow ball, well clear of speed bumps and other
hazards such as steep ferry ramps.
- The wheel holders, much more robust than we've seen elsewhere, have
multiple securing points that will accommodate all wheelbases, even
small children's bikes.
- The wheel holders include tough and easily adjusted wheel straps
which are long enough to hold the biggest rims we've found.
- All 4 bike holders have identically keyed locks.
- The carrier doesn't lock to the tow ball, but we will supply a Thule
cable lock at no extra charge. The reason for this is the requirement to
use a spanner to achieve sufficient leverage for a strong fixing. No
other mainstream manufacturer has a mounting system that is strong
enough to cope with the forces imposed by a four bike carrier with
equally spaced bikes. Thule and Atera, for example, have a "3+1" system,
where the distance between the 3rd and 4th bike is relatively less than
the distance between the other bikes.
- All parts are replaceable if e.g. someone forgets that a tow bar
carrier is fitted and reverses into a wall - which happens!
- Dimensions = 94cm wide by 85.5cm deep (measured from the centre of
the tow ball to the outside edge of the number plate holder).
- Weight = 23.0kg.
- Buzz Quattros are supplied with UK standard 3 function lights and a 7
pin plug; electrical adapters are available for those with 13 pin
systems - see
- The build quality - tube bending, welding, rust proofing, painting,
component quality, is exemplary. All tools you might need are provided.
- It's TÜV approved to the proposed ISO standard R18-904-4, a standard
some way tougher than current requirements.
All things considered it's no surprise to see this carrier winning
product honours - it won an Innobike Gold award at the prestigious Taipei
International Cycle Show.
Where can I get them from?
The BUZZ RACK 'BuzzQuattro' 4 bike wheel support racks are available from The Roof Box Company
and are priced at £224.95. You can find out more about them and
the range of accessories available from
- Please note prices correct at time of publication and are subject to
5% off everything with the Roof Box Company (exclusions
apply)The Roof Box Company is the UK's leading mail order supplier of car roof boxes, roof bars, Thule roof racks, bike racks and more. Their prices are already massively discounted but, for UKCampsite.co.uk members, they are offering a further 5% off EVERYTHING
on their website, excluding Package Deals, Bargain items and Carriage costs. Click here to visit their site and claim your discount.
Win a BUZZ RACK 'BuzzQuattro' 4 bike wheel support rack!
We have teamed up with The Roof Box Company and are offering you the
chance to win a BUZZ RACK 'BuzzQuattro' 4 bike wheel support rack worth £224.95.
To find out more and for your chance to enter, click
here - Competition now closed!