A delicious yet simple dish for two.
- 1 tablespoon of oil,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 8oz of mushrooms peeled and sliced,
- 1 beef oxo cube,
- 5 fl oz of double cream,
- cornflour to thicken,
- Black pepper and salt to taste.
1) Put the oil and butter in a pan add the mushrooms and cook until soft,
2) Crumble in the oxo and stir,
3) Stir in the cream,
4) And heat trough,
5) Mix a teasoon of cornflour in a small amount of water and add to the pan to thicken,
6) Season to taste,
7) Serve in a jacket potato, on hot buttered toast or over pasta.