1) Finely chop the white onion into small pieces
2) Boil kettle, and make-up about 1 Litre of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
3) Cook Peas
4) Finely chop mint, to taste
5) Heat a large pan or deep sided wok, placing a little Olive oil in the
6) Place chopped onions into pan and cook on a low to medium heat until for
5-6 minutes softened, but don’t let them brown
7) Once the onions are cooked, add a good knob of butter to the onions and
oil then add the risotto rice – about 2/3 of a cup per a person. See rice
packet for guidance
8) Cook the rice, stirring continuously, until translucent and softened
(don’t worry about the colour change too much – just cook it for a few
9) Add salt and pepper, to taste
10) Once the rice is ready, add the glass of white wine (Don’t forget to
have one yourself). Cook out the alcohol, stirring thoroughly for 5-6
minutes until most of the liquid (wine) has gone.
11) Next add a little of the stock. Stirring continuously until its just
12) Continue adding the stock, a little at a time, again stirring until
nearly absorbed. Tip: Don’t let the rice dry out.
13) After about 15 minutes, the rice will look plumbed up – soft white and
fluffy. Do a taste test to see if soft to eat – if so its probably ready, if
not continue with point 11 until cooked. Note: If you use all the made-up
stock – add some water for the last few minutes
14) Cook the rice until most of the liquid has been absorbed, taste the
rice, if soft and edible, its ready!
15) Now add some Parmesan cheese flakes, to taste and stir in. The cheese
will melt into the Risotto.
16) Next add the pre-cooked peas and finally the mint, stir in
17) Serve with some chargrilled Chicken form the BBQ, garnished with some
addition Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy