If you choose to put your own together here's what we'd recommend goes into
your first aid kit. Please remember to clearly mark your kit, preferably with
a big white or green cross!
- Antiseptic wipes or lotions, for cleaning cuts and
- Cotton wool or cotton balls, for applying the above.
- Adhesive dressings or plasters, for small cuts and
- Assorted sterile dressings for covering large wounds.
- Sterile eye dressing in case you meet with a sharp stick.
- Triangular bandages for slings or bandaging.
- A roll of 25mm plaster or micropore tape.
- Crepe bandages for sprains.
- Safety pins, tweezers and blunt-ended scissors.
- Painkillers e.g.: paracetemol.
- Antihistamine cream for insect bites and stings
- foil or 'space' blanket - keeps patient warm!
The above list is not supposed to be exhaustive, but is a good start when making up a first aid kit. If you
decide to purchase a kit, then make sure it has the above essentials, AND make sure there is space for you
to add extra items.
Finally make sure your kit is easily accessible,
and clearly marked