Discounted fees for UKCampsite.co.uk members available soon from their own application form soon to be available on this thread.
What's on for 2017
• James Dylan ‘Stuntworld’ International Motorcycle Stunt Show
• Spitfire from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
* Musical entertainment from Rock Bottom
• Vander ‘Quad Wheel of Death’
• Dakota from the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight
• ‘Del Sharrons’ with Rock’n’Roll from the 50s & 60s
• Vintage Motorcycle Road Run
• Les Amis – Scotland’s Top Equine Stunt Team with their ‘Knights of the North’ Jousting Show
• Welsh Axemen Racing Team
• The Gorillas from Creature Feature Productions Goin’ Ape
• Interactive Dinosaurs from the Jurassic Experience
• Wrestling Exhibition with Leicester Championship Wrestling
• Nuneaton Dog Training Club ‘Obedience’ Display
• Fosseway Security Dog Demonstration
plus arena support events
THE 23rd ANNUAL STEAM & CANAL FESTIVAL
Working Narrow boats – Many other Canal Narrow Boats - Military Vehicles
Huge Classic Car, Commercial & Vintage Motor Cycle Rally - Traction Engines
Vintage Tractors - Exhibition stands - Classic Caravans - Miniature Train Rides
SHACKIESAURUS CHILDRENS CLUB
With the Antics Crew for all the Young and Young at Heart
Fun Dog Show – Ten fun classes each day with rosettes
LAWN MOWER RACING ARENA
Shackerstone Grand Prix Mower Racing
WILD WEST ARENA
Living History of the American Wild West frontier with shootout performances from the Lincoln County Regulators
ELSEWHERE AT THE FESTIVAL
Traditional Children’s Fun Fair & Ferris Wheel - Donkey Rides - Craft, Market & Food Hall Marquee - Many Trade Stands - Refreshment Areas….and much much more…
BEER & CIDER FESTIVAL
Real Ale Marquee ‘Dumelow’s Crab’ - Entertainment from Phase One Steel Band & others
BENEFICIARIES in 2017 include: The East Midlands Air Ambulance - The Carers Centre (Leicestershire &
Rutland) - Ashby Canal Restoration – Shackerstone & Congerstone Village Projects – Many other fund
raising charities & local projects. (£130,000 donated to local/national recipients in last 5 years)
For those staying with us – discounted entry fee includes
• Site hire from Thursday to Sunday/Monday (Thursday arrival and Monday departure please by prior agreement - just takes a telephone call to Geoff and Pauline on 07887 812106)
• Free ENTRY TO BOTH DAYS of the Festival upon display of wristbands (see application allowance on form). Extra discounted entry wristbands available to purchase on the application form.
• Access to the Real Ale Marquee on Thursday evening
• Access to Friday night entertainment – Nostalgia Echoes of the 40’s & 50’s from the ‘Land Girls’ in the Real Ale Marquee. Refreshment area open
• Access to Saturday night entertainment – Sounds of the 50’s & 60’s from the ‘Del Sharrons’ in the Ale Marquee. Refreshment area open
(Evening entertainment is for those participating and camping at the festival. It is not open to the general public)
its getting closer (it must be as I have started paying attention to weather forecasts as we get under way setting up next weekend)
just to update.
Sadly a member of the Lands Girls who were performing on the Friday evening is unwell and they will not be able to attend.
A replacement act has been booked. It might be a time to get out the old flares and platform boots as on Friday evening we will now be having SNOG a glam rock tribute act that proved very popular a few years ago when last with us.
Any questions about late bookings ring your hosts on the site - Geoff and Pauline on 07887 812106.