Location: South London Joined: 19/2/2012
Posts: 50 Site Reviews:0 Gallery Images:3
It's the hardest way to be reminded of the need to fully air tents after use, each trip now we take daft amounts of paper towels to remove dew and the like and then hang the tent out (or over the banister if the weather is typical summer) when we get home..so far so good.
Location: Norfolk Joined: 29/7/2011
Posts: 84 Site Reviews:1 Gallery Images:0
An outwell i purchased secondhand was really mouldy,put the bedrooms in the wash on a 40 with three cap fulls of milton,two in the soap dispenser and one in the fabric dispenser,no detergent,after one wash the mouldy spots remained so i put it on for a second wash,after the second all the mould had gone.as for the tent i diluted four capfulsbof milton in a bucketbof warm water and started sponging the tent down,after ten minutes i realised the mold was inside the tent,cleaned it with milton,left for half hour or so then rinsed off with plain water.reproofed with fabsil,only used the fabsil ad it leaked prior to using milton.tents nearly as good as new.
------------- leaky Nebraska
Sorry, you can NOT post a reply. Your Forum Membership is not active!