| Topic: The Karsten Klub
Jump To Page: 1 .... 69 70 71 72 73 74
Message posted by Mucker1884 on 21/10/2014 at 11:09am
Tell a friend
Outfit: Karsten 350+Awnings &2x Kampa Classics
Site Reviews: 13
Tent Reviews: 4
Gallery Images: 3
Just in case anyone's interested, and particularly as that photo above shows what I'm about to talk about...
At the junction of ZIG and pod, the standard connection is the velcro, to the width of the pod door only. Either side of the door, the ZIG just rests against the pod SIG. So ants etc can still crawl up there, of course!
They will modify that, if required, so the velcro runs across the full width.
I know that, because we have it on an earlier price list off James, but decided not to bother in the end, and stuck with the above standard connection.
2014 = 9 x trips so far = 31 nights... and counting.
2013 = 36 nights
2012 = 21 nights
Message posted by CrankyMammy on 22/10/2014 at 12:21am
Tell a friend
Site Reviews: 1
Gallery Images: 0
Mucker, congratulations and thanks for the photos, I really like your colour choice. You have prompted me into action, so at long last I have got around to posting the photos. I hope that you will be able to see them.
Here are the pics from the first pitch in the garden - showing what happens if you don't peg out the four corners before inflating.... (won't be doing that again )
Other photos are from our Isle of Wight trip in August. There was a dip in the ground just by the front entrance, hence the fold near the front of the awning. This took ages to get right, after I had pitched it I found I had to duck to get into the awning (I am 5' 3"). Decided to unpeg the awning, had to get each child to hold a guy rope for each of the front poles and run between each trying to raise the vertical poles bit by bit, then re-peg the awning..
A fellow camper commented... 'we were wondering what you were doing because it seemed to take ages'.
The soil by the front door was sandy, and looked like it had been the home to a large ants' nest. I checked it on a daily basis and low and behold one fine morning it was teeming with red ants and flying ants. Hot water was not going to work due to the dip! So off to the garden centre for ant powder and we devised our groundsheet support solution - we used clothes pegs to attach the groundsheet to the wellies which were kept upright with tent pegs so that we would not disturb the nests further.
Starting to think about trips for next year.
Post last edited on 22/10/2014 00:27:50
Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
You need to log in or register