TWO anglers have been found dead in their tent at a beauty spot.
Police made the grim discovery at Lanark Loch on Saturday morning.
It is thought that the men left their stove on by accident and were gassed as they slept.
The pair, from Kent, were believed to be in Scotland on holiday.
Police are investigating the deaths but were not treating them as suspicious.
The 20-acre Lanarkshire loch has been popular with anglers since it was stocked with carp in the 1960s.
One local, who did not want to be named said: 'It is horrible to think of this happening.
'It seems it was an accident. The men left their stove on overnight and it gassed them.
'The police found them in the morning.
'I couldn't believe it when I heard. It is such a shame
Send us your Site Reviews and Win £150