Well, we're off for our first 'proper' camping trip next week (fingers crossed for good weather!!) - yay!
Anyway, regarding gas...we have the Campingaz Camping Chef stove with grill.....I have decided (upon the advice on people on this site, thanks!) to buy the 4.5kg Calor gas, instead of the campingaz 907 that I was originally going to get!
Anyway, questions questions.....!.........
1) Just to confirm - the calor blue bottle is definitely compatible with my stove?
2) So long as I get a calor regulator, then the calor gas is perfectly acceptable and safe to use with my stove? (Mentions of bar and psi have baffled me - seen as I have no idea what pressure I need and what pressue I can get from which gas !!)
3) Regarding bar/psi - calor vs. campingaz for use with my stove; will using calor influence the cooking time and flame quality? (sorry, that is probably a stupid question...!)
4) What 'gas safety' suggestions do you have? (Ie. I have read that people turn the gas 'properly off' (as oppose to just off at the hob I guess?) at night etc; how would I do this - by disconnecting the hose each time?...or simply by unscrewing the regulator? Or by another method?
5) Can someone please tell me step by step set-up instructions to connect the gas bottle to my stove, thanks.
6) Oh and also, we have decided we will definitely be cooking outside of the tent - the plan is to keep the kitchen unit & stove out there constantly and to simply cover with a waterproof BBQ cover at night-time - although just to confirm, is it safe and okay to keep the gas bottle out there, constantly, too? (I presume it will be uncovered as doubt I will squeeze it under the protective BBQ cover) or do I need to cover/shield it from the elements too? ...........and is it okay to leave it all connected when not in use, or do I need to do set-up again and connect everytime I wish to use the stove? (this kind of ties in with question 4)
Thank you very much from a new and 'yet to learn the ropes' camper!!!