Visitor Reviews - Bagwell Farm Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Site Reviews

Bagwell Farm Touring Park
Bagwell Farm
Chickerell
Weymouth
Dorset   (Browse area)
DT3 4EA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  128 in total, now showing 55 to 60                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cooperman19 2 reviews from this member

Well after reading the reviews I was looking forward to staying at this site. However I must admit that I felt a little let down. The shop was very good as stated in other reviews. It is open most of the day and was well stocked, the staff seemed friendly until you had a prob.

The shower block was cleaned every morning but even thou a mop and bucket are left for you to clean up after yourself it was very often not used ( I know that its the campers not sites fault ).

The site is on a slope and can be a little too steep if you are in a tent. There is a bar that does food on site, we never used it as was too pricey ( baked potato cheese and colesaw 7. 20 yes 7. 20 ).

You could have a bath which cost 1 for 15mins of hot water but was cut down to 10 mins for 1 second week in.

While we had a good time we would not go back to this site it just did not feel as you were getting value for money and was over priced for what you got.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Combehatter 4 reviews from this member

This was our third trip to Bagwell and as usual the site was busy but clean and well laid out.

We were pitched close to the playground which was fantastic for us as our 5 year old could run free as we pitched the tent and relaxed! However if you don't have kids I wouldn't recommend being that close as it can be very noisy.

The newer toilets do get busy early on and these are starting to need some attention now as inevitable wear and tear take place. For example a seat in the mens has been ripped off the wall and the baby changing table in one of the bathrooms sags so I wasn't happy changing my youngest on it. That being said the baths are still worth their weight in gold when trying to clean the beach off two youngsters!

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: John betts9 6 reviews from this member

Just got back from 3 night stay. Brilliant site new shower block spotless. Even the older blocks where nice good shop.

Restaurant and bar which we didn't use but was highly recommended bye our neighbours. 3.50 for full english with drink or 5 for large breakfast. Good size pitch.

Just 4 miles from Weymouth so great location bus route just down the road buses every 2 hrs.

Victoria arms 5 min walk does a nice Sunday lunch for 7.

Nice walk down to the coast.

We stayed on the lower pitches the others are terraced so could get windy so take some storm straps if you plan to use awning. Will be returning excellent

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Laura1976 1 review from this member

We stayed 3 nights here, Saturday, Sunday and bank holiday Monday. The site itself was fabulous, facilities were all clean, we only used the new block for showers and they were spot on. Also the washing up room in the new block was brilliant, 7 or 8 sinks and spotlessly clean, someone also came in and mopped the floor while I was washing up. The shop and shop staff were very pleasant and they run a scheme where you 'buy' an ice-pack for 1, then pay 25p every time you swap it for a frozen one, then get 75p back when you finally return it. They don't freeze your own blocks because they stick to one shape in their freezer for stacking. All in all a lovely stay, my 9 year old went off to the loos and play area quite happily and we just checked on him from time to time. It rained heavily one night into the day but I didn't notice anywhere getting very muddy so drainage seems good. My only gripe with the whole experience was the one night we went to buy chips to take-away. I think 11.60 for 4 portions was a bit steep, you only get one of those polystyrene trays and it's hardly overflowing. So ok they didn't make anymore out of us for takeaways, we cooked on our pitch and ate out instead, but like I say that's my only moan. We will definitely go back, hopefully when the weather is a bit kinder:)

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Brantham Belle 3 reviews from this member

Having just got back from a weekend at Bagwell Farm, I felt I had to comment on this site. We arrived early at the site and was greeted at reception by a warm welcome.

We were able to book in straight away (as it was low season) and given all the information we should need. The site we were allocated was on a slight slope (It is Dorset after-all) but very big.

The facilities were great. Even though it was Easter, the shop was open long hours, It was well stocked and priced as you would expect a site shop to be.

I have to make a comment on the toilet facilities. We were near to the older block, and although they weren't as up-to-date as the new ones, they were definitely as clean.

I did however, venture down to the new block for a shower (the water pressure was weak in the old block, according to my husband). The showers in the new block were hot, clean and all you would need.

I would have no problems recommending this site and know it will not be our last visit to Bagwell Farm.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Avondalemayfly 3 reviews from this member

We loved the site! we like coming to this site as the shower blocks are always clean and the showers alwasy hot. Thumbs up !

The site could be improved by having a outside pool but didn't really need it. This site is a very quite. The pitches were very well sized and the grounds was not rocky for tent pegs unlike other sites we have visited in the past. The toilet blocks are well accesable from all pitches.

It was very easy to get to weymouth town cntre and we enjoyed eating out and visiting the beaches.

The bar and grills food was very tasty and very good value for money. The shop sold the basics at a very reasonable prices. We only used the shop once for some milk and frozen chips and we foun the service very good with a friendly welcoming atmosphere.

We will visit the site again as we loved it

Previous     128 Reviews in total, now showing 55 to 60      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dorset   -   Search for a site

Win tickets to the Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 3 sets of AutoSock car snow socks to be won

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 2017 - 19th to 22nd January
A huge choice of the latest model caravans, motorhomes and holiday homes on display from over 200 exhibitors ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016

UKCampsite.co.uk
24 Daily Prizes and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 289.99!
Open Today's Window!