Visitor Reviews - Sandwich Leisure Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Sandwich Leisure Park
Woodnesborough Rd
Sandwich
Kent   (Browse area)
CT13 0AA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  10m  1m  5m   5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  126 in total, now showing 55 to 60                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Reviewer: Atkinsx2 9 reviews from this member

If you're taking someone camping for the first time try here, as if they don't like this, they will never 'get' camping. Mind you, you might also set their expectations very high!

3 things that I loved about this site:

1. The pitches, which are large and allocated. We opted for a superpitch just because I get touchy about people pitching virtually on top of you elsewhere, but there was not chance of this here. The pitch was very large and flat and had EHU, water etc - we would have been just as happy in a normal pitch, these were also extremely generous.

2. Fantastic shower block, which was never even remotely busy. The showers are good and the cubicles are big. Top marks also to the washing up area, which is spacious and undercover.

3. It's a short & pleasant walk to Sandwich, which has restaurants and bars as well as lots of sightseeing to do.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cuppa T 2 reviews from this member

The toilets and showers are nice and clean. The site is situated a short walk from Sandwich. Which is good as you probably won't want to hang around on this site.

Arrived at reception where it was kicking off with disgruntled punters who had arrived to find out that they had been double booked. We were given our pitch, which we drive to to find out that it was. Double booked. Back to reception. Given another pitch. It was double booked! In the end we were given a caravan pitch.

We saw a picnic table and was told by a member of staff that no one was using it. Only to be told later by an understandably upset camper who's pitch it WAS on that the table was very much in use.

Every time I went to reception, there always seemed to be at least one person complaining. I can't see that there was much customer care going on either.

On top of that, against other reviews, I didn't find the camp spacious. Kind of looked like a refugee camp to me.

There are drainage ditches around the site. I may be wrong, but I didn't see any warning signs.

There's building work going on. I can't understand why they're doing this in the summer.

I was accused of burning the grass with a BBQ. I didn't use the BBQ on the grass. Tried to explain this, but it was like talking to a brick wall. The conversation was so soul destroying that I just walked away.

Can't say I'll be going back, which is a shame as I really like what Sandwich has to offer.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kpmkane 8 reviews from this member

We have used this site 7 or 8 times in the past 8 years. Last year we were disappointed to find some construction work being carried out, but we booked again this year for a weekend with 4 other families. Knowing the site well, we reserved particular pitches well in advance.

On arrival, we were told that a marquee had been erected on or next to our desired pitches for an Elvis night and that we had been moved to another part of the site. When we complained that it might have been idea to let us know in advance of our arrival, we were told that if we didn't like it, they would give us our money back and we could go home, totally ruining the long planned weekend for 5 families.

Too late to cancel, we decided to stay and accepted the alternative location nearer to the railway line. I'm sorry to say that the couldn't care less attitude of the staff has made us reconsider whether or not we will ever use this site again. Added to this, there was still construction work being carried out.

What used to be a marvellous site with flat pitches and good quality toilet/shower facilities has been ruined by the ongoing construction work and the lack of courtesy of the staff.

Reviewer: Compromise 15 reviews from this member

We had decided that we'd get away from all the hype over the World Cup, so called SLP on the morning of Friday 12th June to be told there was plenty of availability, arrived at about 2.30pm to be met by the ever cheerful Shirley.

Good weekend was had, there was a French weekend on in the town with a market and Tour De Sandwich, and fun stalls for the kids. (none with us though).

Highly recommend the Red Cow pub, very friendly with a beer garden with a bouncy castle, big screen TV screens outside too.

We noticed the facilities have changed slightly, the large vaulted ceilings in the wash rooms have gone, to be replaced by a closed ceiling, with poor lighting it has to be said. (It would appear that the loft space is now being used for something else)? We also thought the showers were not as powerful as they had been!

Even with the changes, I don't think it will put us off returning.

Reviewer: Hiophiop 8 reviews from this member

Fisrt time camping with the kids and it was a real stroke of luck picking this site as a first try at camping.

The weather was superb and the camp site overall was A1.

We had a great pitch with electric and the well lined bushes gave good privacy.

The kids loved the play area and safe surroundings and made friends within 10 minutes of our arrival, which left poor old Dad on his own to erect the tent etc.

The staff were really helpful the toilet/shower facilities were spotless and the washing up areas were a welcome bonus. The site is very well looked after and the campers that were there on our weekend very friendly.

Sandwich town is very picturesque and unspoiled - not your usual UK town by any means and there are no high street chains that make most other towns all look similar. Sandwich benefits from this and we enjoyed walking around the narrow streets and exploring.

As mentioned in previous posts here the large and well-equipped Co-Op is just 5 mins away.

The only gripe I have about this site was the Wi-Fi which is advertised on their website, but unavailable during our visit. I was hoping to be able to see the England Vs USA match on my laptop by the tent, but had to settle for a few pints in the Red Cow public house (just near the Co-Op) whilst the kids played on the bouncy castle in their beer garden - not a bad back-up plan.

The kids are already asking when we are going back - so I expect to be visiting again very soon as we have been squarely bitten by the camping bug.

Reviewer: Under Canvas Again 4 reviews from this member

The campsite isn't too far away from home and cuts out the 'are we nearly there yet scenario'!

We have found the campsite to be great for the kids they enjoy the play area, the toilet block is kept very well and the showers are always hot.I even witnessed poor behaviour by other campers and it was dealt with firmly but fairly.

The downside it that there isn't a shop on site however the Co-op is just a few minutes away.

I almost forgot the barrier system works well and makes you feel very safe.

Previous     126 Reviews in total, now showing 55 to 60      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more