Visitor Reviews - Stonehenge Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Stonehenge Touring Park
Orcheston
Salisbury
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SP3 4SH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01980 620304

1m  5m 10m   1m

Reviews:  110 in total, now showing 55 to 60                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: February 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Andycwb 5 reviews from this member

A one night stop here, and were welcomed by a chap who appeared to be staying in one of the caravans who told us the reception would be open about 4pm and directed us to a couple of tent pitches.

Cheap at 10 including EHU for the night (we were told 9+3). Situated in a sheltered valley, with a small shop on site (which we didn't use). Out of season the washing-up area was closed but we were told it was OK to use the laundry sinks. Toilet blocks and laundry both very clean.

It's not somewhere you can walk to a pub or restaurant for an evening meal, but made a very nice stop over.

After all the recent rain the ground was very soft (the area outside my tent was muddy with just two of us there for an evening), and I can imagine it turning into a bit of a quagmire if there's a lot of heavy rain.

Date of Visit: February 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Morgz84 22 reviews from this member

I booked a pitch for a tent with electric hook up at short notice which was no problem. I was welcomed onto the site by a friendly lady at reception who showed me where everything was and pointed me to a pitch by some trees on the south side of the park. I had a long enough electric hook up cable to be able to position my tent so that I was looking out across the meadow which was nice. It really was magical to just sit there at dusk just watching and listening to the wildlife all around. You are aware of the nearby A360 however is isn't a major intrusion and the sound of the birds easily distracts your attention. The only thing I feel the overall experience lacks is a camp fire and I think it would be nice if fire pits were allowed; I can however imagine that the site have their reasons for not allowing them.

The site has brilliant facilities including a laundry with indoor dish washing area, there are also some outdoor sinks (under shelter). The shower blocks were very clean and reasonably modern. The only slight annoyance was that the push button shower required button to be persistantly held down to maintain water flow rather than the usual 20 - 30 seconds you would expect, I am sure a small adjustment could remedy this. The shower was however nice and warm.

Of course the county of Wiltshire itself is lovely but the site was also well located for popping into the New Forest or East Somerset. I spent a glorious spring like Saturday walking in the New Forest followed by an epic drive through the fringes of North Dorset and a lovely journey through Wiltshire countryside up the back roads and back to the site. I left early on the Sunday, this was because despite a reassuringly still Saturday evening the wind and rain came in and kept me up all night. This is no fault of the site, it's just I am a light sleeper and need to invest in some ear plugs!

I can highly recommend this site to anyone looking to explore Wiltshire. It is very conveniently located for me in Oxfordshire to come for a quick weekend away. I will be back to visit as soon as a nice weekend is forecast.

Date of Visit: November 2010 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: 100waves 3 reviews from this member

I visited Stonehenge in my campervan and booked this site beforehand. It was very cheap at 12 pounds with EHU so I was surprised at how good it was. The surrounding views were really nice. The location was handy for Stonehenge obviously but also many other English heritage sites in the area. The pitch was hard standing but we had to drive over grass to get to it. The grass was however very hard for this time of year and so no problem at all. I was so impressed with the site I decided to stay another night. I will return for sure.

Date of Visit: October 2010 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Savtr 1 review from this member

Me and my girlfriend found this campsite via our sat nav. We came up for the day to visit Stonehenge, after a beautiful day walking round we needed somewhere to stay with our camper van and wasn't sure on the area. I called them up and I was booked in within minutes.

The woman was very friendly who worked there. I also couldn't believe how cheap it was to stay there and they had wireless internet. The grounds were beautiful! There were horses in one field and sheep in another so we felt very relaxed and one with nature.

We will definitely be coming back here when we're in the area. The facilities were very clean and private, they have showers and washing area. We do recommend this campsite to any age, whether you looking to stay one night to a week.

Couldn't comment on child friendliness as we do not have children, but there was children there playing in the play area located in the middle of the camp site.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Taffyp 3 reviews from this member

Spent a pleasant weekend here. Campsite situated in a rural area about 20-30 minutes from Salisbury and 4 miles from Stonehenge.

Smallish site with a well stocked shop and cash point facility.No pitches are marked out which did lead to some people pitching a bit too close to each other. Grass could have done with mowing as it was getting a bit long in areas. However several trees located within field, perfect for sheltering / eating under to escape midday sun.

Children's play area is simple but effective at entertaining kids. We were pitched very close to it (approx 2 metres away) but not many kids on site to cause too much noise!

Toilet block is modern and clean. Washing up facilities are a bit on the smallish side. Only 2 sinks, which are too shallow to fit a kampa bucket / deep bowl into. Launderette looked ok too.

Owner very pleasant and helpful.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tank666 3 reviews from this member

My wife and myself returned to the park after a 4 year absence, and first time by caravan. The place still has its good ambience and very friendly.

Rob gave us a hand to set up (the man works tirelessly ) and is always pleasant and a smile for everyone.Shop on site is good, pubs which are pretty close ( all in a couple of miles) are friendly with good beer and grub.

We came for the solstice stayed 4 nights and moved down to Brixham relaxed and happy.

Previous     110 Reviews in total, now showing 55 to 60      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a HandiRack and HandiHoldall Combo Pack Win an OLPRO Abberley XL 4 Berth Tent

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more