Visitor Reviews - Exe Valley Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Exe Valley Caravan Site
Mill House
Bridgetown
Exmoor
Dulverton
Somerset   (Browse area)
TA22 9JN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  10m  5m   5m

Open: 12th March To 18th October

Reviews:  176 in total, now showing 91 to 100                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win 100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Johnbb 3 reviews from this member

Stayed for 3 nights. On arrival was greeted by the Wardens and offered a warm drink. As the site was not busy was allowed to choose which pitch we wanted and given a plan of the site.

The site is in a lovely location, but been in the bottom of a valley it did get a bit cold during the night. If you want the sun in the morning the river side is best or the mill side for the afternoon.

The site is well kept and the toilet/showers are clean and warm with plenty of hot water. The dog walking area is excellant and our dog loved it thou' he did get a bit wet as he had to go into the river.

Just down the road is the Badger Holt. Only went on one night but the food and service were exelent. Check the blackboard outside for the opening times.

Also check the notice board at the site for special offers that the pub do. Also on Wednesday evening in Winsford (5 mins drive from site) there is a Fish and Chip van. Seams very popular but worth the wait.

Once again a lovely site in a lovely location with very friendly staff.

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: HyFy 1 review from this member

We visited this site for two days in order to try out our new motorhome.

It is in a very scenic and pretty area with walks directly from the site.

We must compliment the site. It was clean and well kept and bearing in mind that there had been weeks of rain beforehand it was reasonably well drained. All the usual facilities were available.

Our dogs were welcome and the dog exercise area was very clean with bins provided.

When we arrived we found a fault on our motorhome but the warden went out of his way to assist even to the extent of lending us equipment from his own personal things to sort the problem.

Just across the road from the site is the 'Badger's Holt' pub. The food was good and there was a wide variety of beers and acceptably priced wines. The landlord was very friendly. 'Clean and well behaved dogs on leads' are welcome in the bar. Booking a table for Sunday lunch might be advisable but there are tables outside if the weather is fine.

The approach roads are not the widest but other drivers appeared to tolerate slower moving motorhomes!

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daznat 5 reviews from this member

Spent 8 days over the Easter weekend in this lovely part of the country.

On arriving at the site the wardens where very friendly and offer us a free hot drink which was very welcoming, We where then given a choice as to where we would like to pitch either river side or mill stream side, we chose the mill stream side.

The site itself was very well looked after and very quiet without kids which is why we chose this site.

We found the toilets and showers always clean but did think they could do with another set of male and female toilets and showers at the other end of the campsite. In the male showers the water was always hot but one shower was much better than the other.

There is a dog walking area with doggie bins which we dog owners should all be using and a lovely waterfall at the end where you can see dippers and other birds.

Close to the gates there is a local pub serving hot food and local drinks, the food and drink were ok and a fair price but not the best.

Lots of walk from the area but be aware you are in a valley so you have to start to walk up at some point and the hills are steep.

A great location and a great site for couples with dogs.

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Baz2 1 review from this member

Have just returned from a gloriously relaxing few days on this beautiful camp site where there is so much bird life and walking to be enjoyed.

The site is managed by wardens who are very nice and really helpful. The toilets and showers are clean and the water was hot when we used them.

There is a small shop on site selling basics if you have forgotten to bring something with you. Alternatively you could eat at The Badgers Holt Pub ( a few minutes walk away from the camp site entrance)where the food is very good. My husband had the wild game pie with 4 fresh veg and chips and I had a beetroot, leek and mushroom tart with new potatoes and salad (being a vegetarian myself, found it a refreshing change to find that I was catered for with something other than a vegy lasagne as is the usual fare in pubs). We washed them down with great local Exmoor ale. The pub also allows dogs into the bar area which was great and ours spent the evening in front of the log fire which was really cosy as the night time temperatures were pretty cold.

Dulverton is 6 miles away if you need some retail therapy and Minehead is 12 miles away if you need to walk your dog on the beach. Great location so we will be back later in the year.

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sue Paul 37 reviews from this member

This was our first experience of camping great site will definitely go again. Very friendly, dog walking area fantastic, showers very clean and loads of hot water. Very quiet and Wardens very helpful.

Loved the fact they gave you the option of 6 different walks from the site entrance with easy to follow instructions.

Would not really recommend the Badgers Holt to eat as food very average.

The small site shop sold all the essentials and at a reasonable price.

We stayed for 4 days in March this year with a good sized pitch and will return soon.

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kwaterhouse 1 review from this member

This is a lovely site. The weather was fabulous for march and the roadside pitches get the latest sun.

The warden were helpful, with lots of local walks on flyers. Everything starts off uphill!

The site is very well kept and the toilets are clean. The river exe alongside was a trickle for my visit but after rain it fills up and you can fish off the bank.

Despite being on an 'A' road the road is very quiet with hardly any traffic.

The pub across the road was very good. Best steak and ale pie I've ever had.

There is a lovely little steam railway from Minehead to Bishop's Lydeard - worth a trip.

I Will definitely return later on in the season.

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sue999 6 reviews from this member

First visit to this site and I was very impressed. A nice friendly welcome from the wardens. The pitches are a decent size and you have a choice of being on the side with the mill leat or the other side with the River Exe. I chose the Exe and my tent was about 1. 5 metres from the river - a lovely spot to sit and watch the kingfishers and dippers using the river like a motorway.

The facilities are basic but were always clean. I didn't have to wait and the water was piping hot with hairdryer in the ladies. They have the dish washing area and a laundry for a small fee.

There is also a microwave and ice block freezing service. 10amp EHU and TV points available. A small shop on site selling all basics. There is a Wifi shed for those that need access to the internet.

A fish & chip van is in the village of Winsford a couple of miles away on Weds evenings - well worth it - they were lovely. There is a pub about 5 minute walk from the site and Winsford also has a lovely thatched pub, I cant comment on either buy they are there!

There is a small shop in Winsford and Dulverton has a coop for more provisions and a cash point should you need it.

The site has very detailed info about what is available in the local area even a folder with walk routes from the site, and a couple of mountatin bikes for hire for the more energetic!

They allow dogs and have a nice dog field at the end of the site with the River running through it and a weir at the end, the only downside for me, on the opposite bank there are hundreds of pheasants and the only time my dog does not listen to me is when there are pheasants around, cant blame the site for that though! Even warning signs on all the local roads!

A very peaceful site that I cant fault and will definitely be returning to as soon as I can.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lmcm 3 reviews from this member

I have just returned after a week on this site, and as a novice camper (fourth trip - first full week), I have to say that it was great and I disagree with the comments below about the wi-fi and the showers. The wi-fi advertised on the website is in the wi-fi hut and only campers near here managed to receive it in their units. As an addict to the internet, it was a complete break for me, (at the far point of the site away from the hut), to have a break from my addiction! The showers are fine; they're nice and hot, you just need to let them run a few seconds and one needs to use a cord; all of which are explained in the details the wardens give you on arrival. The area is lovely and I spent most of my days touring. I had three dogs with me and they seemed to take to Dunster beach, so I spent a few days on there. Dulverston is very pretty and there are great walks everywhere you go. The wardens are lovely and nothing is too much for them. A fresh fish van is outside every Wednesday morning, and I bought fresh tuna, sord fish and prawns from him; he'd just been round to local restaurants and the fish was wonderful. Each EHU also has a TV arial connection and the wardens will loan you, for free, the lead you need. A really lovely site and highly recommended. I'll be back next year!

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: David McCrudden 5 reviews from this member

Just spent 10 days at this excellent park. Arrived on site & booked in. The owners did the booking as it was the wardens day off, they were very helpful pointing out all amenities and explaining the rules which weren't many. A sheet showing the layout of the site and site ruled and other local information was provided, as well as a comprehensive notice board, free wi-fi hut and library.

The site is well laid out and all pitches back onto water either the river Exe or onto the mill leat.

All pitches are clearly signed, with very spacious pitches, and after pitching our trailer tent we had about 5 yards at each side and 20 yards in front.

The toilets and showers were always spotless as were all other amenities, even the chemical toilet was spotless. There were plenty of drinking water points and a few recycling points.

The dog walk was amazing, 300 yards along the river bank and I would think that no-one would complain if their pitch was in this area.

Locally the Badgers Holt pub did good food with specials twice a week eg 2 stake meals for 12, with a good selection of drinks. We enjoyed Dunster, Dulverton and several other towns within 30 mins drive.

I would recommend this site to anyone, always remembering it adults only.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Flashdan 9 reviews from this member

We have just come back from Exe valley having stayed for a week. The site is lovely with the river Exe flowing down the left side and the mill stream down the right, we were greeted with a very friendly welcome.

The local pub serves a good range of beers and the food isn't bad either but unfortunately this is where it ends, the promised Wifi didn't materialise and the showers were hopeless.

The two men's showers were nearly always smelly and dirty, one had a Mira shower which the temperature ranged from tepid to stone cold. The other had an electric unit which was almost impossible to control, my wife told a similar story.

The dish washing facilities had a sign saying ' very hot water ' I never needed to worry as the temperature never got above lukewarm.

Its a shame as the site is beautiful but we don't think we will be going there again.

Previous     176 Reviews in total, now showing 91 to 100      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth 225! Win a Coolbox Cool n Store Package worth over 235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July