Visitor Reviews - Woodland Gardens Caravan Site

Blindwell Road
Lundin Links
Leven
Fife   (Browse area)
KY8 5QG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  10m  1m  10m  5m   5m  1m

Open: 24 March To 7 October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:  98 in total, now showing 55 to 60                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Reviewer: Monbroomfield 5 reviews from this member

I have just returned from this caravan site after spending three nights there with my husband and sister. What a breath of fresh air. This site is so peaceful and calm and the owners Jan and Craig could not be more helpful. The site is beautifully kept and Jan even has baskets with shampoo, shower gel and all sorts of ladies things in the shower block. The showers and toilets are immaculate and lots of hot water. There is a lovely dog walk nearby and the site is central for touring Fife. We will certainly be returning very soon.

Reviewer: Alipin 3 reviews from this member

In July myself & my 18yr old autistic son travelled from our home in The New Forest by coach to Scotland & this was the first campsite we stayed at.

When we arrived at woodlands we'd been travelling for 22 hours, as we'd first gone to Anstruther as my father used to live there & I'd promised my son lunch at the chippie.

The owners Craig & Jan are a really nice friendly couple. When we arrived I was absolutely shattered, as I'd not had any sleep at all on the coach & Craig kindly put our tent up for us, which was so appreciated.

This is a lovely friendly small campsite, it wasn't my first choice because its adults only & I like children but actually it works here. The pitches were very neat & hedged in groups.

As others have said the facilities are immaculate & the views beautiful. The Games/TV room was nice for my son & also allowed us to charge our electrics. As their was a heat wave the fridge/freezer saved our food, which we'd carried with us & the ice machine was a luxury.

Because we were on foot local shops etc were out of reach by foot, whilst my son wanted some Iron Brew & Jan gave him a large bottle, which he was very happy with.

Bus stop is about 10 minutes walk away & buses are frequent, we spent a day in St Andrews which we loved & later on went for a drink at The Railway(?) in lower Largo which is a lovely friendly pub & about 25 mins walk away.

We had a lovely stay here, my only little gripe is although we had no car or electrics we paid the same as those who did, saying that I didn't ask for a discount & its not really a site aimed at backpackers etc.

Reviewer: COOPS1 1 review from this member

Simply one of the best adult only sites we have been to. The owners Craig and Jan were spot on, nothing a problem, very helpful and pleasant. The site and facilities were very very clean and tidy, and the bonus of free ice (for the vodka) from the machine in the recreation room. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if we are ever up that neck of the woods again. So it has to be a ten out of ten for this wonderful site thanks.

Reviewer: Stellamaris 8 reviews from this member

My husband and I Have yet again had a wonderful stay at woodland Gardens. This site is a true gem with its glorious grounds. It truly is just like being at home, the owners make you feel so welcome and are very accommodating. I can only mirror all of the other reviews and that is that this is a fantastic site with which is a true credit to the owners who go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The facilities are spotless and even have a washing machine for use at a small fee. My husband enjoyed spending time In the recreational room watching his favourite programme on the 42 inch tv whilst sipping his beer.

I noticed that someone has complained about children visiting the site. We have stayed here a few times now and have never had any such queries or complaints. Personal I think its nice seeing our younger generation appreciating camping and caravanning, what would this person want. The visiting children tied up outside the site. Seriously is this what we have become to.

All in all 5 star site. Thank you for your efforts Jan and Craig.

Reviewer: Nanrenn1ck 1 review from this member

What a beautiful site with very friendly owners. The additional extra's make you feel more valued. These are simple things like free wash up liquid, ice machine, shampoo and shower gel. The site was full when we stayed, however you would not have known as very quiet. Good dog walks in the area and lots of eating out options. Only one thing I would question. Its an adult only site however this is clearly not the case with the resident caravanner's who are on site all season. When we where there one person had her grandson visiting and playing in the rec room. If its adults only, then this should mean ADULTS ONLY.

Given this blip, we will revisit again and see if there are any more children visitors or maybe this was only a one of thing that maybe the owners where not even aware of.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kld22162 11 reviews from this member

We have just returned home from a 3 night stay at this delightful site. The site is IMMACULATE throughout! The owners of the site are very friendly and helpful. The pitch we had for our tent really did put our garden lawn to shame! Pegging the tent was no problem due to the excellent ground conditions.

The owners have worked very hard to give this site a homely feel about it. We used the Recreation Room which housed a fridge, freezer, huge flat screen telly, pool table, leather suite and even a gas heater to keep us warm! We took full advantage of this room with a nice bottle of wine in front of the telly! Now.

The toilets really are something else! Spotless clean, ultra-modern and again so homely. There are several toiletries arranged in several baskets throughout the toilet block - free of charge! Lovely touches like tissues and family sized bottle of quality shampoo in the shower cubicles. Several quality handcreams throughout the block also. The dishwashing area was spotlessly clean also.

This is the first adult only site we have been to and we have to admit we thoroughly enjoyed the tranquillity of this peaceful relaxed site.

The site is situation on a hill which we thought might have presented a problem with camping - not so! The owners, clearly have put much forethought into the layout and design of this site. Our pitch (along with a few others) had its own waist high wooden fance around the pitch which broke the wind and gave as much privacy as anyone could ask for. We had our dog with us and it was perfect for him to be tethered but still remain within the fenced off area of our pitch. There are numerous short or long dog walks. All of which are very scenic and dog friendly. There are plenty shops within a short distance.

We can only rate this site a huge 10 out of 10! If only all campsites were kept to such high standards! Highly, highly recommend a visit to this beautiful site!

Previous     98 Reviews in total, now showing 55 to 60      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Fife   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more