Visitor Reviews - Witches Craig Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Stirlingshire > Site Reviews

Witches Craig Caravan Park

Blairlogie
Stirlingshire   (Browse area)
FK9 5PX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  1m 1m  1m   5m  5m

Open: April To October

Reviews:  138 in total, now showing 55 to 60                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Seadog 4 reviews from this member

The site is well located for Stirling and other areas of historical interest.

The site was fairly quiet with a lot of spare pitches during our stay. We were on a hardstanding pitch which was large enough for the caravan, awning and car. Each pitch was separated by low level chain link fence, so I don't understand why there was an extra charge to have an awning. I mean, its not as if we were taking up more room as each pitch is a set size. However, this is my only gripe about this site.

The owners made us feel very welcome and appeared keen to ensure that we enjoyed our time on their site. The whole site is very well maintained and the facilities are immaculate. The showers were piping hot and there was plenty of water. There is no extra charge for using the showers. The pot wash area was clean and tidy, as was the chemical disposal area and laundry area.

Our children enjoyed the play area, making a few friends while they were there.

While we were there we took the children to Blair Drummond Safari Park, which was a good day out. We also visited the town of Stirling, which is a very interesting place.

Overall, this is not the cheapest site to stay on but it is very well maintained and we would stay there again.

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lou Wallace 7 reviews from this member

We decided to go away this weekend, close enough to home that we were not taking time up travelling, but in a location that made us feel a million miles away.

After some research, we settled on Witches Craig in Blairlogie.

The phone call to book a pitch went very smoothly and I was told that if the site was not too busy, and the pitch I had been allocated was not needed, I could check out as late as I wanted on the Sunday.

Check in time is up to eight at night, which is excellent for people going away after work on a Friday for the weekend.

We found the site easily, and went to check in.

The staff on were very friendly and very helpful.

I paid the 5 refundable deposit for the toilet key, and was given a map to direct me to my pitch.

The site was very well maintained, with tents on the grass area near the dog walk entrance, and the other units, caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents, were all on the hardstanding or chucky stone areas.

The kids, 8 and 3, had a great time playing in the park, and at the tree swing just inside the gated area leading to the dog walk.

They were given plenty of freedom, as the site is not too big, and very safe.

From our pitch we could see the park and the tree swing, but I was confident to let them roam, and this is saying something as I am a proud neurotic mother!

The site toilet block was spotless and well appointed, it was a nice added touch that music played in the toilets, for all those shower singers!

The female toilets are cleaned between the hours of 11 am and 12, the gents, 12 to 1.

The chemical waste building is set away from the main block, which I liked, and was very clean and had no smell, there was also a wash hand basin and antibacterial hand wash there for you to clean up after, which I though was very good.

The site is close to Menstrie, and Alva, both have a smattering of shops, and takeaways.

The shop on the site is only there for juice and ordering rolls and papers for the mornings.

I like this as the kids were not always in there spending.

The ice cream van came round on the Saturday, so things could be bought there for those with a sweet tooth.

I would definitely send people to this site, it is great for families, and those who enjoy walking, being set at the foot of The Ochils, there are plenty of walks to go on, from flat to up the height to the top!

This site has taken the place of our weekend retreat, and if you live near by it is a must.

You will not find a friendly bunch than those at Witches Craig.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fionalea 5 reviews from this member

A really pretty friendly site set in beautiful scenery. The site was spotlessly clean very well kept and looking after. The showers and toilets were clean and tidy, (no charge for the shower), good dish washing and laundry facilities. Set close to Stirling itself with loads to do near by, Stirling castle etc, we were lucky enough to stay there when the pipe band competition was on so were woken every morning to the sound of the pipes. ( my idea of heaven ) there is no shop on site, which is the only thing I could suggest to improve it really. The staff were pleasant and friendly. And yes I would go back, we really enjoyed our stay there.

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Floraandpals 3 reviews from this member

We stayed at this site last weekend at a friends recommendation. The site is easy to find, has a welcoming and helpful reception, a great children's play area and hot showers and clean toilets.

The setting is idyllic, beautiful views of the ochils and the wallace monument, there is a great wee farm cafe within walking distance, which does great soup.

The only downside of this site was it's proximity to the main road, it was noisy walking along the main road and we could hear the traffic during the night.

That said I'd definitely recommend.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: F49h 4 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a weekend.

There is a couple of area's you can pitch your tent.

One is next to the play area (close to the amenities) with stunning views of the Ochill Hills and the other is at the back of the site near the woods.

The latter has under cover sitting area's. It is around a couple of minutes walk to the amenities.

There is also hook ups for tents.

The toilets are 5* Clean and warm, plenty of hot water with piped music. There is an covered area for washing the dishes in the same amenity block.

The rubbish bins are kept in a enclosed area.

You can get papers and rolls at the reception.

You need a 5 deposit for the amenity key (refundable)

The overall lay out of the site is great and well laid out.If you had kids with you the play are is great. It is enclosed by a fence and is in the centre of the site.

You can see the Wallace Monument from the site with Stirling being 3 miles away one way and and Menstrie 2 miles the other. There is walks in the woods.

I would definitely recommend this site.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rob and Kath 2 reviews from this member

Lovely friendly campsite in a very picturesque location. The staff were friendly and welcoming when we arrived and gave us directions to our pitch, which was fairly central on the site which was fine but the staff informed us this is usually used mainly for families.

The playground looked well equipped, although we didn't have any 'little people' with us to test this out. Facilities in general where good although there was only one shower / toilet block for the entire site of 60 pitches.

Plenty of shops nearby for stocking up on supplies. Overall a nice campsite ideal for a couple of nights but I wouldn't use it for longer as I found it a bit close to the road which made it a bit noisy at night.

Previous     138 Reviews in total, now showing 55 to 60      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Stirlingshire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016