Visitor Reviews - Golden Sands Holiday Park ( Park Holidays Uk )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Golden Sands Holiday Park ( Park Holidays Uk )
Week Lane
Dawlish
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX7 0LZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 0843 178 7070

1m  1m  5m  1m  5m   5m

Pitches: 2 Basic, 25 Electric, 72 Static Caravans
Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  97 in total, now showing 61 to 66                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Date of Visit: May 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Dan666 4 reviews from this member

A fantastic site! It wasn't overcrowded and there was plenty of space considering it was the high season! The park facilities were very good, and there was an excellent club. The swimming pool was OK, it could have been better in some ways, it was a little small and it wasn't very clean - but still a nice pool! The shower/toilet blocks were very good, and the water was always hot. The site wardens were very friendly and helpful! The site shop was well stocked and had all the basics. I'll definitely be going back soon!

Date of Visit: May 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Grant.lyon 15 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site. The staff all seem to be very nice, but we found it very expensive (£42 per night for 2 adults, 2 children and a dog.) The facilities could all do with a bit of a spruce up and the club was almost a rough as the Phoenix Club. The worst thing was that the pitch size was tiny and there was no room for the kids to play. We are used to sites having more room and open areas for the kids to run wild, this was not the case here. We could find no justification for the high charges. Having said all that the park is very close to all of the attractions at Dawlish Warren and is also very convenient for the shops.

Date of Visit: October 2005 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Julie1 1 review from this member

Having stayed on this park for a week I feel that I had to write and say what a fantastic time me and my family had. The entertainment was fantastic, all of the staff were very friendly. I will definatly be rebooking for next year. Yes it was quite loud outside the club house at night with kids etc but it was sounds of people having fun and if you go the club house at night you wont have a problem with it. The club shut at 12.00am and then everyone went home and the noise would not be noticed. I feel that if you go to a family holiday park all of this is acceptable as is is part of the fun I must stress it was not that loud, and when you book just ask for a place not right next to the club. I would reccomend this park well done all the staff see you soon

Date of Visit: October 2005 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: PAUL ASH 2 reviews from this member

Although it was the end of the season the site was reasonably tidy. Pitches were quite muddy and there seemed to be a drainage problem on some of them. If you want peace and quiet this is not the site for you with Music from the club blasting out across the site untill nearly midnight, every night. Although we were some 150 yards from the club at times we might as well of been in their. You also have the problem of children screaming and running around the site till well after midnight. But if the club is what you enjoy then this is the site for you.

Date of Visit: August 2005
Reviewer: Badger57 1 review from this member

Stayed on this campsite for ten nights, It looked really nice on the website and also in the brochure they sent in the post. We arrived on the Saturday at reception, the staff on the whole were very friendly and helpful and we were taken to our pitch which was reasonably sized!

After setting everything up we had a look around the site, the toilet/shower blocks were clean but a bit grubby/outdated and in the ladies/gents there were only 3 shower cubicles between a rough guess of about 60 tents/folding campers - and not every caravan has a shower inside!

Later on we got changed and went up to the club and found it full, the nearest place for a drink is Dawlish warren which on the website states a short downhill walk which in reality is more like half an hour and longer coming back as its all uphill! Staying with the club we eventually got a table on the third night, it was £2.80 for a pint of bitter, in our party there were 3 adults and 4 children and it was nearly £20 a round! The entertainment was good though and apart from the prices we had a good night.

One of the things that made me choose this site was the indoor swimming pool which looked good in the brochure and thought it would be good for the kids if it rained. When I saw the indoor swimming pool I laughed, it was so small I could have almost jumped across it! I didnt see the outdoor pool but the kids went up and said it was very dirty and didnt want to go in. My next whinge only applies to some people - depending where you are pitched from very early in the morning you are woken constantly by the noise of wagons starting up and revving their engines, correct me if i'm wrong but there must be a haulage yard or something similar next door and it did get annoying day after day.

One plus point was the site shop which was very well stocked, the people very friendly and it was very reasonably priced!

Last but not least - on our final night as the club finished the occupants of the next tent decided to bring back some of the entertainments staff for a drink. This started about 12.15 and went on till 1.45 am they were first asked by the warden to keep the noise down and agreed 5 minutes later the noise returned, they were asked by my mum to be quiet half an hour later they agreed and 5 minutes later the noise returned. Both me and my mum after listening to this for nearly an hour and a half had listened to enough of who was sleeping with who/sexuality of him/her and ended up having a slanging match with both the occupants of the tent and the entertainments staff who should have known better!! On our departure my mum made a complaint to the owner of the site who promised to take action and would let her know what the outcome was - she still hasnt heard from him after nearly a week!

Reviewer: Techguyone 1 review from this member

August 2005
This place is marvelous, friendly atmosphere, great facilities (the toiets / showers / washng up / waste dump were the best I have seen.

Great for the family that has kids or maybe the older couple who want a "traditional British seaside" type of holiday

I liked the seasidy shops, and the beach is only just down the road, once there there is a green & shops & a small amusement park that will keep kids entertained for ages. Dad too if he likes go kart racing!

Previous     97 Reviews in total, now showing 61 to 66      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers