Visitor Reviews - Noahs Ark Caravan Park

Newhouse Farm
Western Edge
Perth
Perthshire   (Browse area)
PH1 1QF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  5m  5m   1m  5m  1m

Pitches: 45 touring, 20 tent pitches and 6 NEW Microlodges

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  107 in total, now showing 61 to 66                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Reviewer: Le,shan,tami 1 review from this member

This camp site was really good. We're just back from it today. The owners were lovely people very helpful and allowed us to take a look around the hobbits which are so cool, the kids wanted to stay in them. The ground was a little uneven but that didn't stop us having a good time. There was loads of things to do around the camp site and in Perth. The camp site was so easy to find and we never got any complaints about our noise as I had 4 teenage girls with me who like to enjoy themselves. So all round a great camping trip I will definitely use this site again

Reviewer: Mfairbairn 3 reviews from this member

Stayed over a weekend with two other families (one in a caravan and the other in another tent).

It was great that we were all able to pitch together.

Weather was very good.

Toilets and showers were all clean when we were there. However, closed for an hour in the middle of the day to allow cleaning. Not sure if they would stay as clean if the weather wasn't good.

Children's play area was good quality.

Staff were very friendly and welcoming.

Although we didn't use the adjacent facilities, they looked good.

Reviewer: Dawn2104 1 review from this member

We were very impressed with the campsite. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There was lots of facilities such as shower rooms with hair dryers, washing machines, tumble dryers, baby changing. There is also a lovely park for the kids to play at. There was also a big soft play area next to it which had bowling and go karts which the kids loved. There was also a crazy golf next to site. The site is very clean. There is shops and take aways not far from it also. Me and my family enjoyed our 1st time camping here and will be back again.

Reviewer: Scrapsmum 4 reviews from this member

Every review I have read about this site has been good however my experience was not. I am a wheelchair user so when I booked I made sure the disabled facilities were good and they told me everything was in hand and my pitch was booked. When we arrived my allocated space was double booked, the wardens were friendly enough and said sorry.

They gave us the choice to move the next day but that would cause a lot of work and the original spot looked too muddy for a wheelchair anyway.

The next problem came when I tried to use the disabled facilities. They are in the new toilet block and to get to them you have to cross the car park, problem was the car park is made of gravel and very big stones that my wheelchair could not get across. T

The only two solutions for me to use the facilities were to go to the tenpin bowling alley or put my wheelchair in the car and drive across the car park. Once in the brand new toilet block I had to go down one narrow corridor turn left and the disabled toilet/shower were at the end, the room was very small and I had to move a full bucket of water and mop out the way to get into the room every time I went in.

Once in there was a toilet, sink and shower, these were usable but very small and awkward and the lack of handrails didnít make it any easier. The things missing in the room was soap and somewhere or something to dry my hands.

If you are able bodied it does seem to be a great site though but try not to pitch near the reception as it does seem a lot more wet in the rain and can be a bit on the smelly side because it is in between the main bins and chemical waste area.

We found that where we were pitched we had to use rock pegs but didnít mind as it had great drainage. There are horses in the field next to the park and it really is something special to sit by your tent and watch the horses. The tenpin area looks a lot of fun if you have kids or are a big kid yourself although it does look a bit expensive.

Reviewer: Woodyloon 1 review from this member

This was our first outing with our new tent. I contacted George on the Friday afternoon, and he told us he would be able to look after us. We arrived about 2 hrs later and spoke to George and Evelyn who we know, from our time working together, and I've got to say you won't find two people more committed to making sure that guests using the campsite are looked after and made to feel welcome, nothing is too much trouble.

The campsite itself is well set out and very clean with a nice play park and a very nice new toilet/shower block. We were also impressed with the Microlodges, which we were able to have a look at during our stay, and we are hoping to sometime in the future to make use of the site again, either with our tent (or maybe a tourer) or if available one of the Microlodges.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Julie0505 1 review from this member

I've stayed in a microlodge before but not as luxurious as Noah's Ark! Having your own personal microwave rather than the ususal communal one made it so much easier and having the fridge was fantastic - cold milk and drinks on tap! The TV had a DVD facility so the children brought their favourites to watch when they were tucked up in sleeping bags at night. As I was on my own with two girls the big plus for me was that I could lock the doors at night.

There's everything you need on site - first class personal facilities, helpful friendly staff, its well maintained and the soft play etc are great if the weather isn't good.

Nearby there's supermarkets and takeaways. The bus service into Perth city centre is every 10mins from the end of the road which was a great adventure! The swimming pool in Perth is fantastic - the full moon flume is quite an experience!

My girls are counting the days until we return!

Previous     107 Reviews in total, now showing 61 to 66      Next

Write your own Review to win a £150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Perthshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Pop up Utility tent

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018