Visitor Reviews - Whitehill Country Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Whitehill Country Park
Stoke Road
Paignton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ4 7PF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01803 661961

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Open: 21 March - 24 September

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  122 in total, now showing 73 to 78                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Szatko79 1 review from this member

Last time I stayed a Whitehill was about 15 years ago and I can remember myself, my brother and my sister all loving it.

Have just come back from spending 3 nights there with my partner and his 2 children (aged 9 & 11). They loved it just as much as I did at their age!

I was totally gutted to discover that the hidden adventure play area / assault course up in the depths of the hills& trees has all been overgrown(and the current owners know nothing about it)!

However, the pool is still well maintained, warm and supervised. The play areas are ample, safe and pleasant. The shop stocks just about everything you may need, and the cafe (although a little pricey) was yummy too (only had one dinner and one breakfast there).

Oh, and the kids absolutely loved the fun & games & disco on Tuesday evening in the Hayloft Bar.

Didn't get the chance to go (due to our wonderful British Weather), but Goodrington sands, paignton has a fab looking water park - if you have kids, take them there!

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Rach99 1 review from this member

My son and I stayed here this past weekend and it was lovely. We couldn't have wished for better weather! The site was very clean and tidy, nicely cut grass. Shower and toilet blocks also very clean and tidy too with free showers and no queues. Plenty of electric sockets in the ladies for hairdryers / straighteners. Children's play areas were good also. On site laundrette (which I didn't use) but looked very well equipped).
Swimming Pool was very nice and heated, with a lifeguard on duty all day as far as I know. Good on site shop which was a little expensive, but useful in that it stocked pretty much everything you may need. I did use the takeaway on the Saturday evening and was not impressed with the cod (I ended up being very sick as I think the fish was off!). All the other members of our party had something different from there which was fine.
Site does have a club house which we didn't use on this occasion. Would definitely go back, my son (10 yrs) thoroughly enjoyed it, and despite the mild food poisoning it hasn't put me off the site itself.

Took a trip into Paignton on the Sunday morning, lots of shops, also went to Paignton Zoo which was well worth a visit, its only 2 miles away from this site.

Date of Visit: August 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Mrsluigi 6 reviews from this member

This was our first proper camping trip in our tent after a disasterous trial run in May in clacton. We didn't need to book in advance but were told we would be allocated a pitch on arrival.We stayed 3 nights before moving on to a static on another site. The grass was well cut and dry.
Staff were friendly. The toilets and showers were very clean and we never had to queue. The take away was ok (we had chips one night) We didn't get to use any of the other facilities but the bar looked pretty full. We used it as a base to explore the surrounding area - Torquay, Paighton Crealy adventure park, Blackpool sands are not far away.

We would definitely go back again.

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Jules1972 8 reviews from this member

We came last year, loved it and came back. Ok the weather was awful, (little understatement), but the campsite was still good. Excellent facilities and staff only too happy to help. They have added a few extras this year. A free birds of prey display, scuba diving in the pool (£10) to name a couple.

Evening entertainment for the kids, then disco afterwards. Onsite shop, takeaway, bar, amusement arcade, arts and crafts, pool, laundrette - this site really does have it all! Goodrington, Paignton and Torquay are all close by.

It was our second trip, and we're booked to go back next year. Enough said really. A good family holiday is on offer here, I suggest anybody takes it.

Date of Visit: September 2007 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Sue, South Yorkshir 5 reviews from this member

My husband and I stayed on this site for a couple of nights towards the end of September. On driving through the entrance, the site looks very picturesque with its barn style buildings which contain the bar, shop, reception and games room. It also has a lovely outdoor swimming pool but this was closed due to it being the end of the season.

The campsite was virtually empty and we were allocated a pitch in the bottom field which was a bit of a walk up to the bar etc, but as we're both fit and healthy we didn't really mind that. The plus side of being in this field was that it was right next to the new toilet and shower block which was very well planned out and kept spotlessly clean.

The bar was quite modern but as it was inside a barn it had a quaint feeling to it. They sold a good selection of drinks and it was a very pleasant atmosphere.

The surrounding area is lovely and Stoke Gabriel is within walking distance (20 mins) although you have to walk along the winding country road which can be a bit scary especially at night when it's dark. We also took our bikes and cycled into Paignton which wasn't too far, although a bit hilly.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay on this site and would definitely return again if we're in that area.

Date of Visit: June 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Jess5641 1 review from this member

We booked this campsite after reading the reviews on this site. The only gripe on site page was scruffy toilet blocks and washing up area. WELL we arrived at site and put up our tent(for the first time) and the children 3 under 4 years were loving running around and were safe to do so. The site piches are quite big we managed to put up our 17ft tunnel tent and gazebo and a paddling pool and park our car. The site had lovely washing up area really clean and loads of sinks and draining boards. The play areas are lovely for little children as well as older ones and the pool is amazing so warm like getting into a bath absolutely amazing. The toilet and shower facilities were also great. Not hotel standars obviously(but then its not a hotel) But clean and tidy and nice and you dont pay for the showers etc. I cannot say enough about this site the shop is great and has everything you need and the food in restaurant is good. Paignton zoo is fantastic and definitely worth a visit. We had an amazing week at Whitehill and I will be returning asap. The price was also very good I paid approx £80 for 5 nights and got 1 night free I think.

Previous     122 Reviews in total, now showing 73 to 78      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Festival Starter Package Win a BioLite CampStove and USB Charger!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival, East Yorkshire - 18th to 21st August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival and an amazing fun weekend for all the family. Find out more, claim 10% discount or win tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016