Visitor Reviews - The Old Oaks Touring Park (adults Only)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

The Old Oaks Touring Park (adults Only)
Wick Farm
Wick
Glastonbury
Somerset   (Browse area)
BA6 8JS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01458 831 437

5m  5m  1m

Open: 01/3 To 20/11

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  303 in total, now showing 131 to 140                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: February 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bellybum 7 reviews from this member

Stayed at this park 19/2/2013 very very cold! we were given a very warm welcome and directed to our pitch in the walnut circle, even this time of the year the grass was mowed and lots of cleaning up was being done ready for the season. All the staff were very friendly and as I am disabled they put themselves out to help in every way, this park is fantastic! It is very near all the amenities of Glastonbury and most of the local pubs are dog friendly. The park is very easy to find and the road into the park is very easy. If you like fishing this is the place to come. Lovely lake just a few yards from reception. Will come back to the Old Oaks another two or three times this year. I do like a whinge now and then but I could not find a single thing to have a whinge about, keep up the good work Old Oaks!

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jaspergucci 27 reviews from this member

A quiet Adult only site with huge pitches. We arrived late but there was a warm welcome from one of the wardens, who even opened the shop for us! The site seemed to be split into 3 or 4 sections, we stayed in Walnut Circle which consisted of a large green circular lawn with the pitches scattered around the edge.

There was a large on site dog exercise area with dog shower and walks directly off the site, including access to Glastonbury Tor and Glastonbury Town. There were lovely views from all parts of the site and it was very well maintained.

The best bit- the toilet/shower facilities were second to none and wouldn't look out of place in a spa health club! There was also a luxury pot wash, well stocked shop and separate Tourist information cabin.

It is a little pricey (we paid 70 for 3 nights) but you get what you pay for and we will definitely will be back.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: The Furs 4 reviews from this member

Been to this site a few times now and it is the most perfectly run, well kept friendly place. The dog walk is totally enclosed and has a wash facility. The toilets and showers are immaculate, and its got the poshest Chemical loo we've experienced. The daily cakes are well worth a try, and for me the fishing lake ( small but beautiful and well stocked) is my end of season treat to my self. Cannot recommend this site highly enough.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: May May 9 reviews from this member

We had a one night stop over at The Old Oaks on our way home to Norfolk from a wonderful holiday touring in Cornwall. We have never stayed in such a fabulous site and only wish we were staying longer. The welcome we received was very friendly and we were shown to our plot. The hard standing we had for our motorhome was very generous and there were shrubs separating all the plots. It being autumn when we were there we enjoyed all the lovely colours from all the landscaping around the site.

We were lucky enough to be able to use the new toilet/shower facilities which I think are only recently opened. They were superb and more like a 5 star hotel than a camp site. There were marvellous facilities for dogs including a dog walk, shower and washing machine. I really could find nothing to fault this site and only hope it does not get so busy that we cannot find space when we return which we certainly intend to do.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Vickij1234 2 reviews from this member

Now i don't wish to speak badly, but I am so loath to leave a good review of this site. Why. Because I don't want it discovered. I don't want it to become too popular. Why. Because it is the most fantastic site in the whole of the uk. Wow this is our 4th visit and each time it just gets better, the welcome is just so professional, a smile comes as standard, it is not forced it is given with meaning, they take you to your pitch and when they say spacious pitches they mean it, and the wide open spaces, well binoculars please to see the row opposite.

Now to the new toilet block. Have I stepped into a 5 star hotel, I think I may have done so, I have not experienced anything like them, I overheard one fellow visitor say ' too good for caravanners' speak for your self pal, why not, the site is not the cheapest I don't question that but I can see where every penny it costs is spent, it is pristine, the grounds are immaculate, well I could just go on and on, but try it for yourself, this is the ultimate site.

The area is superb, walking to the tor is up a steep hill which ever way you leave the site and expect mud, especially this year, but well worth it. The site shop will give you all the basics and a few more, (sample the home grown steak! Delicious) Glastonbury is a car ride for essentials but you will find all you need including a huge supermarket.

If you have dogs, yes the old oaks take care of them too. A great dog walk where they can be let off the lead, very safe even my Houdini was kept in, very reassuring, a dog shower is located by the dog walk, compete with warm water, you just supply the shampoo, shower and dirty dog, dirty towels and pet bedding even that is catered for with a washing machine and tumble dryer just for dogs,

Locally lots to see and do but mostly by car, cheddar gorge is obviously worth a visit as is ebbor gorge, a bit further afield go to burnham on sea, what a great beach to walk for miles.

Would I recommend this site, reluctantly a resounding yes, I just hope not too many people read this review, I fear it is going to get harder and harder to get a booking. 5 stars, can I give it 10 please.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Geoffprinter 10 reviews from this member

I am going to keep this short. If there's a better site anywhere for adults only I would like to know where it is. This site was way above anything we were expecting. Friendly staff, excellent facilities. We felt totally relaxed and cant wait to return. The site is kept to an impeccable standard and enabled us to go for walks around the site and take in the local views. I don't fish but even the lake made a nice relaxing place to just sit and unwind after along day out walking and site seeing. Glastonbury Tor is a short walk away but be prepared its about 3 quarters of a mile away but its all uphill but once your at the top the views are amazing. Still coming down is all downhill. We had such a good time and that's why our marks out of 10 are maximum.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Junders 1 review from this member

We arrived to celebrate a birthday, intending to stay for 2 nights. The Site and staff were so delightful we stayed for 4 in all and look forward to returning next year to this clean, well-run and well-staffed site. The manicured grounds were maintained to a high standard with beautiful shrubs dividing the good sized pitches.

The very clean toilet/shower facilities with privacy cubicles were warm on the chilly mornings we were there. The site, though not far from Glastonbury, has arranged a local mini-bus service which, though efficient and friendly, can prove expensive.

Perhaps there would be benefit for a franchised small, high quality cafe/bistro, especially at weekends. The little barn to the side of the main house would be ideal !

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Millsy52 3 reviews from this member

We booked this site because my wife said it looked nice, well it was a really well cared for site, the wardens were really helpful in every respect, there was a shop that sold everything from cotton to Chardoney, much to Christines relief. They also had a visitor centre that housed easy chairs and a pool table.

The Saturday we arrived late September was a really sunny warm day so we ventured into a walk to Glastonbury via the Tor (An ancient monument). It took us around 40 minutes with our Yorke in tow, a very pet friendly town with lots of pubs, but beware it is weird, loads of witches shops, a wizard walking down the High Street with a blue miniature pony on a lead! Our theory is the locals went to a concert in the 1960's and stayed and live on a diet of cider and wacky baccy!

Brilliant place, you must visit the Old Oak and use it as a base, especially in the 'Summer' We are going again next year, please try it, we think it is probably the best in the West country

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Codwales 22 reviews from this member

What I have seen of other 5 star sites, this should be 10 stars as I have yet to stay at a site that is anywhere near this site.

On arrival staff are so friendly and helpful to ensure you have a wonderful holiday.

The new facilities are out of this world. The grounds are well maintained and the scenery is outstanding.

A visit to Wells is a must and the wife loved shopping in Street.

Looking forward already to our holiday in 2013.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Krispywhite 19 reviews from this member

This was our first visit to the old oaks but will definitely not be our last, we stayed for 4 nights, the wardens were all very pleasant and smiling all the time nothing was to much for any of them,

This camp site is perfect from the arrival of the maingate, check in was quick and the warden took us to our pitch on his pushbike, the pitch being large clean and level the whole site was spotless toilet/shower's were to a very high standard and gardens and lawns were beautiful.

The site location has many places to visit close by ie Shepton mallett, well's, chedder, and much more you can even walk up the glastonbury tor from the site this being a must the view is terrific.

The only problem for us was we had to leave, but we will be goig back for sure.

Previous     303 Reviews in total, now showing 131 to 140      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzzwing Tilting and Folding 4 Bike Rack Win your favourite OLPRO Windbreak from 6 Fab Designs

UKCS Meet UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show 2nd to 3rd September
Season-finale event, taking place at Newark Showground, discounted tickets too ...more