Visitor Reviews - The Old Oaks Touring Park (adults Only)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

The Old Oaks Touring Park (adults Only)
Wick Farm
Wick
Glastonbury
Somerset   (Browse area)
BA6 8JS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01458 831 437

5m  5m  1m

Open: 01/3 To 20/11

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  299 in total, now showing 131 to 140                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan and Motorhome Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan and Motorhome Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Vickij1234 2 reviews from this member

Now i don't wish to speak badly, but I am so loath to leave a good review of this site. Why. Because I don't want it discovered. I don't want it to become too popular. Why. Because it is the most fantastic site in the whole of the uk. Wow this is our 4th visit and each time it just gets better, the welcome is just so professional, a smile comes as standard, it is not forced it is given with meaning, they take you to your pitch and when they say spacious pitches they mean it, and the wide open spaces, well binoculars please to see the row opposite.

Now to the new toilet block. Have I stepped into a 5 star hotel, I think I may have done so, I have not experienced anything like them, I overheard one fellow visitor say ' too good for caravanners' speak for your self pal, why not, the site is not the cheapest I don't question that but I can see where every penny it costs is spent, it is pristine, the grounds are immaculate, well I could just go on and on, but try it for yourself, this is the ultimate site.

The area is superb, walking to the tor is up a steep hill which ever way you leave the site and expect mud, especially this year, but well worth it. The site shop will give you all the basics and a few more, (sample the home grown steak! Delicious) Glastonbury is a car ride for essentials but you will find all you need including a huge supermarket.

If you have dogs, yes the old oaks take care of them too. A great dog walk where they can be let off the lead, very safe even my Houdini was kept in, very reassuring, a dog shower is located by the dog walk, compete with warm water, you just supply the shampoo, shower and dirty dog, dirty towels and pet bedding even that is catered for with a washing machine and tumble dryer just for dogs,

Locally lots to see and do but mostly by car, cheddar gorge is obviously worth a visit as is ebbor gorge, a bit further afield go to burnham on sea, what a great beach to walk for miles.

Would I recommend this site, reluctantly a resounding yes, I just hope not too many people read this review, I fear it is going to get harder and harder to get a booking. 5 stars, can I give it 10 please.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Geoffprinter 10 reviews from this member

I am going to keep this short. If there's a better site anywhere for adults only I would like to know where it is. This site was way above anything we were expecting. Friendly staff, excellent facilities. We felt totally relaxed and cant wait to return. The site is kept to an impeccable standard and enabled us to go for walks around the site and take in the local views. I don't fish but even the lake made a nice relaxing place to just sit and unwind after along day out walking and site seeing. Glastonbury Tor is a short walk away but be prepared its about 3 quarters of a mile away but its all uphill but once your at the top the views are amazing. Still coming down is all downhill. We had such a good time and that's why our marks out of 10 are maximum.

Reviewer: Junders 1 review from this member

We arrived to celebrate a birthday, intending to stay for 2 nights. The Site and staff were so delightful we stayed for 4 in all and look forward to returning next year to this clean, well-run and well-staffed site. The manicured grounds were maintained to a high standard with beautiful shrubs dividing the good sized pitches.

The very clean toilet/shower facilities with privacy cubicles were warm on the chilly mornings we were there. The site, though not far from Glastonbury, has arranged a local mini-bus service which, though efficient and friendly, can prove expensive.

Perhaps there would be benefit for a franchised small, high quality cafe/bistro, especially at weekends. The little barn to the side of the main house would be ideal !

Reviewer: Millsy52 3 reviews from this member

We booked this site because my wife said it looked nice, well it was a really well cared for site, the wardens were really helpful in every respect, there was a shop that sold everything from cotton to Chardoney, much to Christines relief. They also had a visitor centre that housed easy chairs and a pool table.

The Saturday we arrived late September was a really sunny warm day so we ventured into a walk to Glastonbury via the Tor (An ancient monument). It took us around 40 minutes with our Yorke in tow, a very pet friendly town with lots of pubs, but beware it is weird, loads of witches shops, a wizard walking down the High Street with a blue miniature pony on a lead! Our theory is the locals went to a concert in the 1960's and stayed and live on a diet of cider and wacky baccy!

Brilliant place, you must visit the Old Oak and use it as a base, especially in the 'Summer' We are going again next year, please try it, we think it is probably the best in the West country

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Codwales 22 reviews from this member

What I have seen of other 5 star sites, this should be 10 stars as I have yet to stay at a site that is anywhere near this site.

On arrival staff are so friendly and helpful to ensure you have a wonderful holiday.

The new facilities are out of this world. The grounds are well maintained and the scenery is outstanding.

A visit to Wells is a must and the wife loved shopping in Street.

Looking forward already to our holiday in 2013.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Krispywhite 17 reviews from this member

This was our first visit to the old oaks but will definitely not be our last, we stayed for 4 nights, the wardens were all very pleasant and smiling all the time nothing was to much for any of them,

This camp site is perfect from the arrival of the maingate, check in was quick and the warden took us to our pitch on his pushbike, the pitch being large clean and level the whole site was spotless toilet/shower's were to a very high standard and gardens and lawns were beautiful.

The site location has many places to visit close by ie Shepton mallett, well's, chedder, and much more you can even walk up the glastonbury tor from the site this being a must the view is terrific.

The only problem for us was we had to leave, but we will be goig back for sure.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Stellar66 1 review from this member

A very tranquil and well maintained site set in beautiful rolling countryside. We booked 2 nights and extended it to 3 on arrival as the weather was so good. Staff are amazingly friendly and accommodating.

Excellent facilities, a fabulous all mod cons new toilet/shower block. Very impressed with the campsites efforts to encourage recycling, also very dog friendly. Especially enjoyed the walks we took from the campsite up the Tor as well as into Glastonbury town centre. Would highly recommend this site.

Reviewer: 2salukimum 2 reviews from this member

Wow, what a great site. Yes, adults only so peace and quiet were the order of the day. Plenty of pitch space, each one having it's own hedge around. The newly built facilities are 5 star. Toilets and showers spotless and no queueing!

The dogs were so well catered for with on site walkies, shower unit with hot water, laundry facilities for pet bedding etc. Brilliant idea! Reception and well stocked shop full of local produce sourced from within an 8mile radius. Treat yourself to a slice of cake-of-the-day, now that's got to be a bonus! Wonderful walks with Glastonbury Tor very close to the site. On site lake with fishing for the so inclined. We shall be returning very soon, thoroughly recommended!

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Lone-Wolf 3 reviews from this member

Hadn't visited this site for some years, but I was quickly reminded why this is my favourite campsite in England. If anything it has actually improved since my last visit. It now has camping cabins for those seeking more space or comfort. The shop seems to have improved as well and I was tempted into making a number of purchases - something I don't normally do in site shops. The toilet block was immaculate as always. Add to this the usual friendly service and I left a very happy camper! If you want a peaceful location within walking distance (via footpaths) of Glastonbury Tor and the town centre, then look no further.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: On the move 2 reviews from this member

Wow! we have been touring the south of england and visited this sight on the way back home. We only stayed for 1 night but will definitely return.

The campsite wardens are very friendly, the hardstanding pitches are spacious and the whole sight has a very welcoming feel to it.

The most impressive thing is the facilities, brand new beautiful block in the style of an old farm house, decorated and furnished as if you were at home,

the washing up area is at the front all indoors with proper sinks and drainers,

the showers are in individual bathrooms each with a vanity unit, private toilet and corner power shower all with very modern chrome fittings.

In the womens toilet room there are additional showers and a hairdryer and plugs for the all important straighteners. The facilities were spotlessly clean at all times. You have to see them to believe them, my husband commented that they were comparable to a 5* hotel!

There is a shop on sight which is well stocked and the wardens run a shuttle bus into Glastonbury centre twice a day.

We walked to the tor then into Glastonbury which took us 30 mins. The site also has an enclosed dog exercise area which is nicely lawned and a good size.

At the side of the dog walking area there is a dogs shower room with a warm shower for your dog!

This is an excellent site with lots of nice finishing touches.

Previous     299 Reviews in total, now showing 131 to 140      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan and Motorhome Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Tent Win tickets to the NEC Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show

UKCS Meet NEC Caravan Camping & Motorhome Show - 21st to 26th February
Hundreds of caravans, motorhomes, tents, holiday lodges and 1000's of accessories all under one roof! ...more