Visitor Reviews - The Quiet Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

The Quiet Site
Ullswater
The Lake District
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA11 0LS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07768 727016  or  017684 86337

5m  5m  5m  1m  1m  5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  211 in total, now showing 151 to 160                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
£100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win £100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: May 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Crank63 5 reviews from this member

Been to this site now 4 times, it is the best I have been to loved it. The flat pitches are best as the field has a slight slope the shop is small but ok. The bar is the best. Loved every minute. The site is in a good location for walks and there are a few pubs around but you need to drive. Would go back time and time again. All the staff are friendly, great place

Date of Visit: December 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Stu.jackie 5 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site for 3 nights at new year, we paid £27 per night, very expensive, there were 3 fresh water taps near the touring vans, not one was working, you had to go down a steep hill with your water containers, that was ok for me, but what about someone who is getting on in years, not much fun. The heating in the site pub was turned off, there was a log fire but for a room of that size it was not enough. On a bright note the one member of staff we did see was a chap called Frazer, and he bent over backwards to do what he could for us, a real star.

However we did have a smashing new year and that was down to the people we met who all chipped to make a real nice time for new year. There were 30 plus empty pitches, all hardstanding, I think that alone must tell the owners something when you consider that new year caravanning is getting more and more popular. I can see how it could be pleasant site in the summer, big play area for the children etc, but this site is not cheap.

Date of Visit: October 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Eileen Morley 4 reviews from this member

We found this to be a very pleasant site with some nice walks nearby.

The toilet block was rather dated with push-button pre-set showers. Unfortunately, I'm a delicate flower and found the water in the shower rather too hot for me. I wouldn't have liked to shower a child. However, there are family bathrooms too.

The management were extremely helpful and we rather liked the bar area which was much nicer with a good crowd in.

I do agree with another reviewer that it is very pricey. We paid £25 per night (with a dog)for a hard standing pitch with awning and electricity. For that price I would have expected a fully-serviced pitch.

The adventure playground looked great though I'm a bit too old to try it out (maybe if no-one was watching!)

All in all, we had a good time but don't think we'd return.

Date of Visit: September 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Speedytam 1 review from this member

We visited this site weekend of 21st September 07 and had a great time. The people who ran the site could not have been more helpful. Took us straight up to our pitch, and showed us exactly where everything was on-site. Main thing for us was that the site had facilities for kids (3 families camping together - 7 kids in tow!). They didn't let us down. Big field with climbing frame / rope swing - wooden play hut, plenty of space to run round - only rule was no ball games in or around caravans or tents, which is perfectly understandable!

Toilet facilities are a bit outdated but worked perfectly well, decent showers with plenty hot water but they do have a couple of separate bathrooms with baths in them!

Bar on-site which was really nice with a log fire - games room with table tennis and also a pool table in the main bar with other games available, so again kept kids occupied. Bar doesn't do meals but we went into Pooley Bridge which wasn't too far away.

The surrounding area is lovely, went on a very long walk which ended up being 5 'country' miles but well worth it!

Definitely will return to this site and stay longer next time so that we can visit more of the Lake District.

Date of Visit: September 2007 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: Soph123 8 reviews from this member

We stayed 2 nights hadn't read any reviews before our trip

Have to say it just didn't do any thing for us.

Our views were of the camper and caravan either side and to the front static caravans the road run along the rear .

We did2 of the walks which were OK but nothing like we were expecting for our first visit to the lakes.

The bar is different but lacked any atmosphere when we were there ,wouldn't come anywhere near best site bar for us .

The toilet block was nice enough but nothing more than you would expect

Then there's the price of £25 per night far to high for what was on offer .

Luck as it we came across another site near brothers water which was just what we were looking for, beautiful walks following Crystal clear streams leading to mountain ridges. A brilliant bar with choice of ales ,great food and £7cheaper what more can I say.

Reviewer: Canvas Chris 2 reviews from this member

This site seems to get more reviews than any other in the lakes. So I thought I would take my family here for our summer break. And I have to say that for my young family it was near perfect!

This is a smallish site for tents, caravans and motor caravans.  The site is aimed at young family's with children's bathrooms, playrooms (young and older) play fields with swings and rustic playground etc.

It is not a large commercial site and I can imagine that a family arriving here that expects laid on entertainment, uniform facilities and a teenagers theme park may feel let down.

If however you want to spend some quality time among some of the best behaved campers I have experienced then pay this site a visit.

They are opening for camping and caravans until January next year. Anybody fancy a Christmas visit?!

Date of Visit: September 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Clare05 1 review from this member

Spent another lovely weekend at 'The Quiet Site.'  Having a seasonal pitch is a great bonus, it really is a home from home.  My husband and I have spent several weekends this summer at this site and never tire of it.  A great advantage is the warm welcome that we and our dogs always get.  The extra treats they get at the bar are much appreciated by Ted and Toby!  The walks from the site are beautiful and very manageable.  If you enjoy getting out and about this site is definitely for you.  I highly recommend it.

Reviewer: Piggy49 14 reviews from this member

Have mixed feelings about this site. The booking inprocess did not go smoothly, several people turned up at once to book in and they didn’t seem to have enough staff to cope. Because of this several of us were left waiting, plus customers that came in to buy items from the shop were also left waiting. Before being shown to our pitch though we were given a very quick explanation of where the toilets etc were.

The site is in a fantastic area, surrounded by beautiful hills. The facilities could do with updating. There are plenty of toilets but only 4 showers and there were quite often queues in the ladies. The showers didn’t seem that big to me but they were always warm and clean.
There are also a few bathrooms on site that anyone can use. I didn’t use these but they did seem popular with the families. The onsite pub is lovely and was extremely popular but does not do food.
I felt the site was more geared towards families with younger children, as there isn’t much for teenagers to do. The play area has a few things but not enough to interest the teenagers in my group!

Reviewer: Nevada Norman 1 review from this member

We liked the Quiet Site. It was reasonably quiet. There was warm water (at worst) and often hot water in the showers. There were great family bathrooms too. No extra charge to use either the showers or bathrooms.

Not quite as picturesque as expected but views of a fell or two.

The Aira Force walk - from the site - was beautiful.

The bar at the campsite was OK, and great if you have kids. Or want to hang out in the dry.

We paid £24 per night for a tent, a car and two people in August 2007.

Date of Visit: April 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Ronnoc 3 reviews from this member

I had been recommended this site by two colleagues, one who visits it regularly. I was expecting a lot and was rather left deflated.
I'm a bit more experienced camping than my colleagues and I have to say the site is quite ordinary, comparable to many other sites I've visited. The washing facilities are ok, the pitches are rather 'man-made' unless you use the middle area which has a horrendous slope and there is no shaded areas. The shop is small and the adventure play area needs some attention. This all has to be weighed against it being one of (if not the) most expensive site I've stopped at.
On the plus side, and they are big plus' it is in the Lake District which is fabulous, with interesting walks right from the camp's gate. Also the barn/pub facility with a log fire is great, especially on a cold spring night!

Previous     211 Reviews in total, now showing 151 to 160      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth £225! Win a Coolbox Cool ‘n’ Store Package worth over £235!

UKCS Meet Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 9 - 11th June