Visitor Reviews - Camping Caradon Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Camping Caradon Touring Park
Trelawne
Looe
Looe
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL13 2NA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m

Reviews:  142 in total, now showing 97 to 102                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win 100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Reviewer: Arryp0tter 2 reviews from this member

We wanted a flying visit to Cornwall at bank holiday, Caradon took us in the night before we left. Upon arrival we were impressed by the layout, the reception is clean tidy and welcoming.

The owners greeted us with warmth. Nothing seemed too much trouble when we enquired regarding local beaches the lady was most helpful giving us a map she had reproduced and proceeded to tell us about all the local beaches etc.

The site itself is extremely flat, well kept and pleasing to the eye. Plenty of electric hookups. The facilities are excellent with lashings of hot water both for washing up and showers. The toilet block is modern and clean and well equipped.

There is a small clubhouse with a good selection of beers/wine and soft drinks, there is a pool table a table tennis table dart board and small stage with a big bag of things for younger children to play with ie building bricks etc.

All in all this is a first class site hand for just about all the top end of cornwall. The prices were very reasonable. Don't think you could go wrong by a visit here. A bit rural but then Looe and Polpero are about 2.5 miles away in either direction so supplies are easy enough.

Reviewer: Colkatalas 1 review from this member

The site was clean and tidy showers were great my eldest son (14) said they are the best showers he's had on any campsite.

I would dispute the claim to being a flat site though.

We had a pitch next to the hedge and I got into bed with my head lower than my feet.

The owners and staff were friendly and my children made friends with there's however they could possibly have a bit more entertainment for the children.

Unfortunately the Chef had been off sick for a while so a trip to an outside chippy or restaurant had to be made.

The site sticks to its 11pm quite policy strictly which is a great bonus.

As it was a wet fortnight maybe a disco for the kids on a couple of nights would have helped.

The beach at nearby looe is 2.5 miles away and is clean and the town of Looe caters for all your needs.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: *Diamonds* 7 reviews from this member

We spent a very rainy week here in August 2010. The site is quite nicely laid out and is quite a small campsite. There wasn't much in the way of facilities, just a basic playground for the kids and a games room that only opened at 7.30pm. We were a bit disappointed that they didn't open this area in the daytime as it was terrible weather. Also, there was a notice to say the chef was no longer there, so no food was available.

The toilet block is clean and modern and the owners are really nice and friendly.

I have to say that our children loved this site, I don't know what it was, but they were really sad to leave. We went to a much more expensive site straight after here with ample activities and it's own private beach, and they just pined to go back to Caradon! the owners have children who our children made friends with, I think this is why they loved it so much.

We also found our pitch to be a tad small but you get that sometimes.

All in all we enjoyed our week considering it was terrible weather. Looe is lovely, we caught about 200 crabs off the harbour. There are crab nets/lines being sold in Looe and it passes hours!

Reviewer: Thejoneses10 1 review from this member

We just came back from a week here and loved it. The site is small, friendly and spotlessly clean, and there was always hot water! The woods just down the road are perfect for a run, which was tough but great fun, or a walk with the dog or kids if you're feeling a bit less energetic.

For anyone who likes to collect sea glass (or is that just me?!), Polperro is amazing at low tide! We also parked at the National Trust car park up the road from Talland Bay and followed the footpath down to the beach which was virtually deserted (Talland Bay itself was packed).

It was a bit of a trek back up but the views were out of this world so it was worth every aching step.

Overall the site, staff and area are all lovely, and I would recommend the site to anyone.

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Derekbab 6 reviews from this member

Just returned from camping caradon having stayed 11 nights,nothing really to add from the previous reviews as they are all spot on, the staff are friendly enough the site itself is spotless.

The free wifi didn't work for the first 5 days then then steve got someone in to fix it we got one day and it went off again for the rest of the stay, this is a free service offered by the owners so I am not complaining at all just grateful the owners decide to offer something for free which very rare these days.

Well done to the staff for making our stay enjoyable we will be back. Pitch 4, 8 aug

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chuckysan 2 reviews from this member

I read the reviews after booking for four nights, and after reading them I knew we were onto a winner.

The pitches although somewhat close to each other were maintained beautifully, the grass was kept to a good length and the drainage was superb. (I can verify this through experience)!

The site itself was spotlessly clean, all the wet facilities were top notch, and although there were only three shower cubicles in the mens there always seemed to be one free. The water was hot and the cleanliness second to none.

Obviously I didn't bother with the children's play area (Bit too old now) but it was safe and again well maintained.

However for me the pinnacle of staying here has to be the bar. Being a real ale lover I must say that the ale on sale, St Austell Tribute- a well known and liked ale in these parts and I believe now nationally, was kept in excellent condition, tasted lovely and was at pub prices.

Owners along with their right hand man made us most welcome and were a great source of banter in the bar at night. Talking of which the way to solve the puzzle with the nails is. Sorry can't say anymore as I did promise not too.

Looe & Polperro are only 2 miles either way, and may I add that if you want a good feed off-site go to the Jubille Inn which is app one and a half miles away, just turn right when you get onto the main road.

Great site, great people & great beer, what more could a poorboy want?

Previous     142 Reviews in total, now showing 97 to 102      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth 225! Win a Coolbox Cool n Store Package worth over 235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July