Visitor Reviews - Whitehill Country Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Whitehill Country Park
Stoke Road
Paignton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ4 7PF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01803 661961

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Open: 21 March - 24 September

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  123 in total, now showing 97 to 102                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Fatbob01 1 review from this member

Visited just last week, our first time staying here and we had a fantastic time. Great facilities all very clean, especially the showers and toilets. Friendly staff, very helpful in answering our questions. Lovely swimming pool - particularly in the hot weather we had! Will definitely be back next year!

Date of Visit: June 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Bramley01 5 reviews from this member

We have just returned from the best Holiday we have ever had and it is mainly thanks to this superb park.

We were greeted by a cheary young lady behind reception and we were then showed to our pitch. Great views over the hills and good to watch two birds of prey daily catching their food.

Bit of a walk down the hill to the shower block and a Little caravan with toilets very close to the tents.

Well stocked shop with ice pack hire and cafe which does an amazing full breakfast. One bar upstairs and next to that is a family area and then int another bar which had a disco every night.

Very nice heated pool with sun loungers around it with the Cafe also doing takeaways.

This place is the best. (we think so anyway)

Date of Visit: April 2006 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Walp 6 reviews from this member

I visited this site based upon the numerous and positive reviews on ukcampsites. On looking at their campsite web page and brochure, I was encouraged by the beautiful pictures depicting the site. The reality on arriving however convinced me that they had got their moneys worth in terms of the pictures taken for both the web site and brochure; a large part of the site appearing to be overshadowed by an imposing electricity pylon and cables not apparent in the pictures (although I would expect no site to fixate on this as part of their marketing campaign!)

I had also decided to stay here based upon the owners declaring the swimming pool to remain open (albeit unheated) immediately after the Easter holidays (we can stand the cold). On arrival however, we were told that there was a technical problem with the pool and that it would remain closed (which although no fault of their own, was still very disappointing to us). It must however be said that the site does not advertise the pool open for this period, and our being able to use it would have simply been a bonus.

The weather was generally poor during our stay, which I think blighted my experience of the site, although the resident ducks (who enjoyed our bread) appeared to thrive on it (nice to see them)! Well drained pitches and easy pegging, although a lot of pitches were on heavily sloping areas (be sure to specify your requirements). A relatively quiet road borders the site.

The toilets and showers were second to none, as was the advice given by the helpful owners (thank you to the young lady who reccomended the indian takeaway in Torquay, as the meal was excellent). We did not visit the bar or shop (there is a Sainsburys nearby), so cannot comment on these.

I cannot criticise this site in any way (although neither can I sum up anything particularly outstanding to recommend about it). Personally, I felt that the site had a desolate feel during our off-peak visit, which I believe would not prevail at busier periods. The site offers very reasonable rates of stay, and should not be discounted on the basis of my honest impression (which lies in stark contrast to prior reviews).

Date of Visit: April 2006 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Pepsi118 4 reviews from this member

This was only our second camping trip and we came across Whitehill by chance. We stayed at the last weekend of the Easter holidays and was amazed at how quiet it was. (only 1 other tent on our field). We arrived on the Thursday and by the Friday at 12 the shop was closed until the next bank holiday. I am sure the bar, pool, games room etc. are all extremely busy at peek season though! In fact I think it would have been too busy for us then because these facilities were quite small for the 500 or so camping pitches! The staff were very friendly. My only disappointment was that I had not realised there were over head pylons above us until we arrived, which buzz when it rains. The grass is well maintained and toilets / showers were clean. Dish washing facilities were indoor in either men's toilets (1) or ladies toilets (5) on our field, however all outside on the other fields Overall very nice and we had a lovely time cycling around the site.

Date of Visit: July 2005 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: Cookie47 1 review from this member

We travel with a group of friends from East Yorkshire to Whitehill and have done for the last 4 years. The staff who work on site are friendly and helpful. Although there is lots to do on site there are also lots of things around and about to do, Quay West, Paignton Zoo, Brixham and Cayman Golf are a few of our favourites.

Whitehill also gives you the opportunity to meet friends from all over the country. The site is safe for children and even though ours are all grown up we look forward to taking our grandchildren. If its relaxation you want the pool area is fantastic or a lazy day outside your tent does just the trick. If you want a rest from driving you can catch the bus which stops just outside the gates.

We all love Whitehill so much we booked this years holiday before we even finished our 2005 one.

Date of Visit: July 2005 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Shelley39 1 review from this member

After visiting Whitehill for over 30 years we have watched it grow and grow from a little booking in shed n chippy to a great family place. I was just 4 years old the first time we went and carried on the tradition with my children. And yes I still love it. We visit time and time again and never get bored . In the evening we go down to Stoke Gabriel with our crab lines {with belly draft, best crab food out} and have crab catching competitions.

I think everyone who goes to Devon should try whitehill at least once weither in a tent or a caravan it a place of special memories for me and all happy ones.A nd now its making happy memories for my children {who are now all teenagers}. The best thing about Whitehill is the freedom that the children can have and always feel safe.

Previous     123 Reviews in total, now showing 97 to 102      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016