Visitor Reviews - Sandwich Leisure Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Sandwich Leisure Park
Woodnesborough Rd
Sandwich
Kent   (Browse area)
CT13 0AA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  10m  1m  5m   5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  126 in total, now showing 97 to 102                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: April 2005 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Deltaone 6 reviews from this member

Our first camping experience was to this site as it is quite local and we come back every year for the first one of the season. A top class site with tremendous facilities. The toilet block has family rooms which we fit five in they are always clean and well kept. The serviced tent pitches have drainage and electric and even a TV point which I thought was a fabulous touch. Most of the tent pitches are level with only a couple of exceptions and there is a small but well equipped kids play area, the staff are very friendly and welcoming.

There is no shop or clubhouse which has both advantages and disadvantages but we prefer it that way any how, the grounds are very well kept and well presented.

The surrounding area has a fantastic pub called the kings arms which served the best meal I think I may ever have eaten and there is a supermarket with in walking distance.

All round I would say 5 star and highly recommended, we will be returning.

Date of Visit: July 2007 Unit:  Trailer Tent
Reviewer: S.hads 8 reviews from this member

Spent a weekend here in July, found it to be a very good site.

Cost for 2 adults, 2 children, standard tent pitch with EHU was 20 per night.

The pitch was spacious and level. The toilet block, FREE showers and washing up areas were excellent, well deserving their 'Loo of the Year' status. The site was very well kept, and had a good playground for kids.

There is not any shop on site, but there is a handy supermarket just a few minutes walk from the site entrance. A 5 minute walk will take you into the centre of the medieval town of Sandwich, I can recommend the fish and chip shop.

Some of the standard pitches do back onto the railway, but that's not really any problem. There didn't appear to be any noise curfew and we were unfortunate to be near a rather noisy group, but you can't really blame to owners for that.

Overall a very good site and will probably stay here again.

Date of Visit: June 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: The Negus Clan 2 reviews from this member

Our first camping trip as a family and mine for around 25 years.

So we decided to go and have a look at the site before we turned up with the brand new tent and see what we could expect.

Shirley in reception could not be more helpful and the site itself is great. All the amenities you would expect from a huge park but in a very nice clean tidy safe campsite situated on the outskirts of a lovely town like Sandwich.

All the pitches are serviced with water and hook up points and are clean and tidy, as well as a park for the kids which was safe and the equipment well maintained.

With town being a ten min stroll whatever you needed was on hand and the usual pubs etc with good food there as well.

We are all returning in greater numbers over June and July and have already booked.

Do not hesitate to visit

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Kaztiv 1 review from this member

We went over the bank holiday weekend and it was very busy. The park felt very crowded and our pitch was not very big, although they have their own tap and hook up. We have a large tent (Kyham Rigipod) and there was not room for all three bedroom pods. We were also on a corner plot directly opposite the washing up facilities which are out-side. People started washing up from 6am on all three mornings - which is not a great wake up call ! There is a playground for the children but this is fairly small and I felt sorry for those pitched around it. They advertise no bikes but all the children were riding bikes. The shower and toilet facilities were clean and spacious, although over the weekend they did run out of both hot and cold water. I would return but definitely to a larger and quieter pitch and not at a busy time.

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Peter bell 3 reviews from this member

I stayed here for 4 nights and I have mixed feelings about the place, I arrived at 2pm at reception, there was a note on the door "working on site ring Jim and a phone number", not quite the welcome I was hoping for, I rang Jim to be told he would be there in 5 Min's, when he arrived no welcome, I just seamed to be an inconvenience to him, he took my reg of the car but the security barrier would only read my car coming in and not going out so more phone calls to Jim to let me out, he said the tree was blocking the camera but he never cut it back while I was there.

I would have preferred the grass on my site not to have been cut as I spent time every day sweeping out masses of wet grass from inside the tent and the inside of my car. It is a pretty little site and the loos are very impressive and clean, but on all the occasions I visited them the hot water was luck warm not hot enough for a shower and the same in the washing up area.

There was a lot of building work going on while I was there put in new bases for caravans which got started at around 8am with a lot of noise. I am an early riser so it did not bother me, but if you like a lay in not good news. I work on a holiday park and all our building work takes place in the winter months !

The pitches are a very good size with nice planting and a picnic table which was a nice touch, I was on pitch 48 which is close to the railway line and there is a lot of train noise.

Friday night was the worse night when the week-end. Campers arrived with loads of kids riding around the site on bikes shouting there heads off until late in the evening.

There is a very good supermarket close to the park, all in all not bad

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Bickmos 1 review from this member

This was my first visit to Sandwich Leisure Park. On arrival on Friday evening my first impression was that the site looked very clean and the reception building as attractive as the website photograph. The reception staff were very pleasant and we were booked in with no fuss. The security measures for cars entering and leaving the site were very impressive. The pitch was ample for our 6m X 7m tent and the two cars that brought our party of 4 adults, 4 children and a dog. The site was serviced with electric hook up and its own water supply and the ground was nice and flat for the erection of out tent. The toilet block was particularly impressive being in very good condition, warm and kept very clean. The showers were all working with a good pressure of hot water.
The first evening of the three that we booked we decided to find a take away in the town as it was quite late by the time we finished erecting the tent. The town is very close and has a supermarket, Pubs, fish and chip shop and a pizza and kebab shop. During the day there are many little shops in the many streets of the town. The staff in the shops I found to be very friendly and helpful.
The playground kept the children amused as well as the games that we could play on the large area of grass opposite our tent pitch. At night the site is well lit as each electric hook up point has a light on it.
I would certainly recommend this site to other users and will definitely return.

Previous     126 Reviews in total, now showing 97 to 102      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window