Visitor Reviews - Gibraltar Farm Camp Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lancashire > Site Reviews

Gibraltar Farm Camp Site
Gibraltar Farm
Jenny Browns Point
Silverdale
Lancashire   (Browse area)
LA50UA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m  1m   1m  1m

Open: All Year

Reviews:  209 in total, now showing 181 to 190                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: July 2005
Reviewer: Bainesy 1 review from this member

Me and my husband have been coming to Gibraltar Farm for around the last ten years and him since he was knee high to a grasshopper!!! AND WE LOVE IT! Over the last few years the Steward and his wife have made it fab. They have improved the toilet block and are always happy to help. They arrange theme weekends on various weekends through the season and are always well attended.

Recently there was a fancy dress compitition and what a laugh we had, dressing up!!! and then sitting around the campfire. The camp site's rules are the standard you find on any site and they ask for no music after 11 o'clock which is a reasonable time to quieten down by.
We have been loads of times this year and shall continuing to do so for as long as we can.

The views are spectacular and breath taking from the site and there is shops near by with everything you need.

Date of Visit: August 2005
Reviewer: Deanarcher 1 review from this member

Location was perfect, the steward was friendly and very helpful, the facilities were clean and tidy, although one shower is probably not enough. My only gripe was the noise, or lack of quiet. Most camp sites have a certain level of noise, which is to be expected, but I have never experienced such noise (from adults not kids) before. Despite this I am giving it another go at the bank holiday and I am hoping it was a 'one-off'.

Reviewer: Phil6969 1 review from this member

July 2005
A very friendly and pleasant campsite with excellent views over morecombe bay.
Basic facilities and limited diabled showers i.e. one shower in the ladies side of the utility block.
The kids loved exploring the area.
A themed night on the Saturday lacked attendance by adults ( a hoe down ).
Plenty of local places of interest such as Lancaster and a local beauty spot with tremendous views over the bay is known locally as " the pepper pot " should not be missed when visiting this site , we will return again shortly.

Reviewer: In-a-field 4 reviews from this member

July 2005
Visited this site for the weekend. The steward was friendly, facilities are basic but clean. I think that the site would benefit from a few extra washing-up sinks.
The surroundings of this site are excellent, lovely area and nice walks. Our kids enjoyed the site, there is no play area just a rope swing but they loved it.
However I don't think that we will be visiting this site again due to the noise level and inconsiderate campers.
Unfortunately some campers had loud music on and let their children kick balls onto tents!

Reviewer: I LOVE GIBS! 1 review from this member

July 2005
I have been to Gibraltar Farm twice before and I am going again in July with my fellow jasons. Two years ago, my friends and I were looking for a place to relax and relieve ourselves of the pressures of exams and revision. Many campsites we found on the internet were either too expensive or too preoccupied with fancy facilities or a safe environment. We wanted something simple and as natural as possible. It was sheer luck that we found Gibraltar Farm, as it fulfilled all our expectations of visiting a worry-free zone with the joy of having nothing to do. (And only 7 a tent)Top.

The site is a 1/2 mile away from the local village. This is a great distance, not too close, perfect for soaking in the country atmosphere. The local shops have everything a camper needs, bread, meat, barbecues (Moc's an' that)yet still keeps it simple.

The surrounding beach (Morecambe Bay) is admittedly not to some people's tastes, this is probably because of the quicksand and bad press involving Chinese cockle pickers. But the natural landscape is literally breathtaking, the sunset complements the "big" sky. Also, I found it quite exciting to toy with death by risking the tide and purposefully but playfully sinking in the quicksand.

However, this danger is not something you should naturally attach to the site, it was my personal stupidity and idiocy which led me to the quicksand. The beach is actually detached from the quicksand and you have to travel a long way out before you are in any form of danger. The initial beach is in the form of pebbles and dry sand, there are rocks along the coastline and it is the perfect setting for a contemplation of life or something of that ilk. (NO NEED TO WORRY ABOUT DANGER)You must remember I was looking for danger in this trip as it played a big part in my initiation into manhood. It is actually easily avoidable.

Overall, I suggest a visit to Gibraltar Farm for persons of any age. Whatever your outlook on life, Gibraltar Farm will cater for it.
Top.

Reviewer: GavinBeevers 1 review from this member

June 2005
Years ago I have camped in the Silverdale area but never before at Gibraltar farm. In terms of location it surpassed my expectations, the views over Morecambe Bay from anywhere on the site are excellent and within minutes you can be taking a stroll through woodland, be sitting in a pub beer garden, or be scrambling on the beach. The site itself is also in the main a relaxing experience, staff are friendly and laid back and everyone just gets on with having a good time. U

nfortuntely this parucular weekend there was no warden on duty and there was some noise into the early morning (3am). Dispite the 'No Fires' signs there were quite a few groups enjoying a night round a fire so I guess the BBQ / Fire distinction is quite wooly, which I quite liked.

As has been said before there is just the one toilet block, but judging by the standard of the Male toilets I would say that they have been recently refurbished and are of a good standard.

There is definatley a feel about this site which makes it different from others, its sort of a cross between a standard family site and a Scout/Cub camp. I would glady stay here again.

Reviewer: Norah 2 reviews from this member

June 2005
Lovely campsite, peaceful setting, great walks, fantasic scenery.
Camped here with family for 3 nights trailer tent and caravan.
The children loved it, exploring woods and coastline, playing on rope swings.
Very good and friendly steward. Recommended for a relaxing campsite.

Reviewer: SIMONENEIL 1 review from this member

April 2005
Came here for the May Day Bank holiday, lovely site with amazing views over Morecambe Bay. Its a pretty basic site, just toilets and a couple of showers. The kids really enjoyed it but a play area for them would have been useful. Shame about the weather, RAIN AGAIN. We are coming here for the meet in September so lets hope we have kinder weather.

Rating:
Reviewer: Smile2day 2 reviews from this member

March 2005
We have stayed on this site often over the 17 years that we have been camping, a beautiful site surrounded by woodland. The only amenities available are a shower block that is kept clean and tidy. The disabled shower and toilet is in the ladies half of the shower block, and there is only one shower available in the ladies. This can cause quite a rush in the morning as you can imagine as the one block is for the use of both the caravan field and the tent field.

There are no shops on site though the warden does sell ice-cream and sweets from his awning. He is very helpful if you have a problem. The caravan field still gets very boggy when its been raining, and last summer driving at times was impossible, though there is plenty of help when you do get stuck!!

The walks around the site are very good and for varying abilities, I recommend a trip to the 'Giants Chair', you turn right out of the main gate to the farm. There are 2 pubs in the village, a newsagents and a couple of shops, the Coop have offers on sometimes. The nearest chippy is in Arnside, but it's not open on Mondays.

Once you visit this site though it gets into your blood - I'd recommend it to every one, just a shame they have increased the prices.

Reviewer: Whipper12 1 review from this member

April 2005
Plenty to do around and abouts,facilities average maybe a shortage of showers. Some very nice views and nice short walks. Steward very helpful. Only one fault site was very noisy till 3:30 Fri night and gone 1:00 Sat night. Two very good pubs with big beer gardens only 15 mins walk down the road.

Previous     209 Reviews in total, now showing 181 to 190      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lancashire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window