Visitor Reviews - River Dart Country Park ( River Dart Adventures)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

River Dart Country Park ( River Dart Adventures)
Holne Park
Ashburton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ13 7NP   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  10m   10m  5m  1m

Open: April To September

Reviews:  89 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Holmes75 1 review from this member

My Husband & I stayed here with 3 boys age 10, 9, 7 and our dog. It was a great weekend everyone enjoyed it. 10 out of 10. Toilet and shower block were really clean. Excellent playgrounds for all ages even adults. The food was lovely and very well presented and at reasonable prices. Only criticism is that the shop could of stocked more milk, bread, eggs. The surrounding town of Ashburton is a lovely little town and the views surrounding the campsite are so beautiful.

Reviewer: Brommo 11 reviews from this member

After a recommendation about this site I thought I`d take my 11 year old daughter there.

I`ve just come back (spent 3 nights there) with mixed feelings.

Positives :-

The paid for activities are excellent. Zip wire and High Ropes Course in particular were brilliant.

The staff on the paid activities were fabulous. Very kid friendly and made sure kids understood what they had to do and safety was well explained.

Excellent washing up area and the showers and toilets could no be faulted. I went at a peak time and saw lots of cleaning going on so whenever I went it was always clean. Always hot water too. Top marks

Bar beer prices were very reasonable and a good selection too.

Plenty of space in the Walled Garden camping area for outdoor games ie frisby, badminton, ball etc

Negatives :-

The free kids activities were very very poor. They may have been good when the park first opened but are now in desperate need of renovation, repair or reconditioning. Very disappointed.

The arcade. In a word terrible. An air hockey game that blows next to no air so is virtually unplayable and it only records one person scores ! And a pinball machine with only one working flipper. You can`t play with one flipper ! Both are therefore a waste of money.

The walled garden has no facilities at all except for a tap.

Meals at the Old Saw Mill were pricey although looked good quality.

Shop was average at best

A shocking lack of signage. A map of the whole site at regular points is desperately needed as it`s so huge.

Location - its a good way from the coast. I know I made the choice to stop here but as a base its a good 40 mins or so from Torquay or Paignton, Goodrington Sands (which is a fantastic place as so much to do there)

To be fair when I booked I was told it may be a small walk to the facilities but I wasn`t advised just how far ! At £26. 50 a night for just two people I expected more in the way of facilities.

It would be good for a day out but don`t feel they have done enough for it to be recommended as a campsite.

Although I appear to have more negatives than positives we did enjoy ourselves but not sure I`d go back there.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ballz 4 reviews from this member

Wow brilliant, managed to get on without booking as spotted it as a drive by! Super site lots of room on pitches and positioned well for privacy. No end of things for children to do parks are fantastic which allow kids to play with their imagination. Also on site various actinides for extra cost however we never got time as so much to do anyway. Shop not too great but maybe as it was end of season lots of toys not much food however great bar next door so a good excuse not to cook! Bath was great showers were normal tap push camping showers do the job but will never be as good as home! Washing Mach dryer iron room. Dog friendly

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pewoo1 4 reviews from this member

Great site, as per the majority of reviews on this site state.

Very clean facilities, good value in the on site restaurant/pub and our 3 daughters (11, 11 and 6) loved all the play areas, even though the water was a touch cold!

Really enjoyed our 5 nights, heavy rain for a few days but the site drained quickly.

Big pitches, we were on pitch 5, with hardstanding and electric.

Will definitely return,

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hanjancan 3 reviews from this member

We camped at River Dart with our 3 & 1 year olds, as part of a group of family/friends. It was perfect for group camping as plenty of space and easy to get pitches together. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the facilities were excellent, - plentiful and clean. We used the family bathroom with bath - really handy with small children. Washing up was quick and easy, no queues and plenty of warm water. We don't have ehu though pitches were available, and reception kindly charged my phone for us.

The adventure play facilities aerial spread throughout the park. Our girls loved the slides and paddling beach, and the network of paths/site roads were great for pushchairs (real and dolly!) We didn't pay for any activities but were busy exploring and playing the whole time. The Sunday carvery was good value, and the shop, though unimaginative, had what we needed.

We will definitely return, camping at it's best!

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kareenc 3 reviews from this member

This is a lovely site - We have 2 boys aged 11 & 8 and they had a great time - the river play area and adventure play are really good (we were lucky with the sunny weather!)

We were sited very close to the wash rooms which I thought may be a problem with the noise but between 11pm and about 8am it was very quiet -

The showers and toilets were kept clean (as possible on the first week of the summer hols) There were plenty of showers but if all were in use the water pressure couldn't quite cope and some of the showers just dribbled out, I only found this a problem once as most of the time they weren't all being used, I also noticed a family bathroom with a bath which I thought was good for little ones.

I used the washing machine which was £4 but a lovely large drum so got plenty in - also had dryers and irons/boards if you felt the need to iron!

Two large freezers were also available for freezer blocks etc.

The playground near to the washrooms/sinks didn't have much there but the large tunnel seemed to keep a various range of kids entertained and there was plenty of space to make use of bikes and scooters which my kids loved.

The site was mostly young ish families with not that many teenagers and it felt very safe and friendly - the staff were really helpful too (when we booked in we were too far from the EHU but it was no problem as they provided us with an extension)

We would definitely recommend it.

Previous     89 Reviews in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar