Visitor Reviews - Northam Farm Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Northam Farm Holiday Park
South Road
Brean
Burnham On Sea
Somerset   (Browse area)
TA8 2SE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m  1m  1m   1m  1m  1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  158 in total, now showing 11 to 20                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: LJB70 14 reviews from this member

Recently spent 8 nights here.

Good points.

Flat pitches ( we were on the lakeside ) excellent fishing, friendly staff, wardens helpful when pitching, we were shown to our area. Great playgrounds for kids. Facilities large and never a queue, however you do have to pay for showers, cant comment further as we use our van facilities. Well stocked shop, plenty of advice and ideas for places to visit in reception.

Check in very quick and efficient! The best dog walking facilities and field we have come across so far!

Quick and easy access to a wonderful beach, dogs allowed.

Loads to do in the area

Not so good points.

No adherence to the speed limit on site whatsoever, quite a walk from the lakeside pitches to the chemical and waste disposal points ( we saw one chap with his wastemaster attached to his towbar ), footballs flying everywhere, kids scooting in and out of the vans & facilities. A very large commercial site which could do with a little more regular policing

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Longsl88 3 reviews from this member

We returned to this site last weekend after several years away. We stayed in 4 acres field which was for camping only and right at the back of the site! There was no toilet block or dishwashing facilities in our field, it was a fair walk to toilet block. We had to use the car to take the dishes to be washed. They seem to be pushing the campers away. My husband has a bad back, which actually flared up whilst we were there, I had asked reception if we would be near the toilets and was told 'not far'. This was not true. Due to my husbands back flaring up we had to use disabled shower facility, the wardens kindly opened the door for us but I had to leave my husband in there whilst I walked to reception to get a token for the shower. This was a very long walk! We had fish and chips from the chip shop which although a little bit pricey was very nice. We enjoyed our stay due to the fantastic weather but felt very disappointed that we were so far from facilities and will only return if we are able to pitch nearer them, although I don't think this is possible as the other fields around the shower blocks are all tourers! Us campers would like facilities on our fields too. Esp as most motorhomes have their own facilities. Surely campers need to be closer to the shower blocks! Shame about this it would be hard for families with young children due to the distance for them to walk to the toilet. All in all rather disappointed, years ago we were able to camp in the other fields.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Moomolly 3 reviews from this member

I ventured south for my first holiday in my new van, that I had bought from northam farm, I was greeted by happy smiley faces in reception where the ladies as always are so helpful. The handover for my new van was done very well and I had my holiday in lovely van, it was cold this time of year but it is to be expected this time of year really, as always helpful staff, looking forward to the chippy opening by northam farm soon, yes the toilet block could do with modernising in field 8 to match the other toilet block, but is usually very clean, I have holidayed again a week later and look forward to going down again. The scott family run a wonderfull holiday site and should be congratulated on this.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Llbngb 2 reviews from this member

Firstly the niggles: the 10 mph speed limit doesn't exist, even the staff speed around the site. Not much control on site, dogs wander about off lead and nobody bothers or seems to be keeping an eye on site. The toilets and showers are clean but very very cold not heated and for some reason even though it's cold outside, all the windows are open but this wouldn't be a problem in summer

Now the good bits

Great location. Pitches a good size. Farm shop, cafe, accessory Shop on site. Would return in better weather, not in low season too cold. Overall though not bad

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Callie968 44 reviews from this member

Fab stay in half term in October have stayed once before and forgot how great it is. Although not a club on site you can use the seagull which has loads of events for kids and adults.

Site

Flat, very well maintained and tidy. You cant reserve a pitch but can book into a certain area. Great location and very reasonable pitch price, no fully serviced though, good tv reception.

Fab shop well stocked and friendly staff

Fab Laundrette if needed

Friendly staff from office to wardens to security, very well run.

Lovely fishing lakes and free to fish

Great play parks, very well equipped and safe

Fab outdoor washing up facilities, loads of hot water and undercover if it rains

Excellent toilet/shower facilities 50p per shower, large area, piped music, warm clean and roomy, bath available if preferred.

Warden and ground staff very friendly.

Great Dog Walk

Lovely atmosphere, quiet after dark

Definitely revisit 2014 but cant book unit 02/01/14 due to office reopening times for the season

Loads of tourist info and full entertain programme

Use your tesco vouchers for the brean lesuire park before you go, ride wristbands work out half price.

Loads to do in the area LOVED IT !

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Baileybus 14 reviews from this member

A lovely weekend spent on this wonderful campsite. Had a pitch by the lakeside where our friends fished. It was so peaceful. The mallards came right up to us but refused to eat out of our hands. The facilities were very clean and tidy, catering for all ages and abilities. Not only are you very close to the beach, but you have stunning views across to the beautiful Mendip Hills. We found the staff very friendly and helpful.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Arsenal fan 29 reviews from this member

We have used this site a lot over past ten years the last few visits have been during wet weather and the state of the grass was awful however they have addressed the problem by adding a course sand surface for the awning area its great not to have mud everywhere. We happened to book during the heatwave no wind a first for the area.

Staff very helpful and friendly nice to see the owners chatting to everyone. Wardens very much in evidence keeping check on everything site very clean and tidy didn't use shop or Seagull this time Scotty's bar was ok chip shop bit expensive but handy. One down side wish they had WiFi used a mobile access which was hopeless lets hope they get it for next season.

Reviewer: Graham1405 7 reviews from this member

Owner and ground staff helpful and found us an excellent pitch after my wife's hip replacement close to utility block. Pitches were flat and a reasonable size. Many pitches for tents without electric hookup.

Security was evident with regular patrols.

Tourers placed after the seasonal/static caravans consequently tourers are 200yds+ away from site entrance, shop, cafe. Tent only camping areas even further away.

Mobility aids in disabled toilets superficially cleaned but grab bars etc had ground in dirt, and were not cleaned on a daily basis. Showers cost 50p by token and last 10 mins.

Excellent shop with good selection of products, helpful service, comparable with corner shop prices.

On site restaurant used once for breakfast, poor service, poor quality food, for scrambled egg (not free range) on toast plus one breakfast of 1 bacon rasher, 1 sausage, 1 egg, very greasy fried bread, 1 cup tea and 1 cup coffee was £9. 20, very expensive for poor quality food and service.

We also tried Seagull Restaurant once, covered tables outside (owned by Northam Farm) 3 tables still had uncleared food long enough on the tables for Seagulls to fly in and help themselves to left overs, breaking glass in the process.

Many vehicles exceeded 10mph speed limit on site roads, which were dominated by children on bikes and scooters unsupervised and rowdy.

We recommend nearby Beechcomber bar for entertainment and excellent food ½ mile away.

Very close to visitor attractions of Somerset.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Moomolly 3 reviews from this member

I have been coming here for many years about 20 I think, so I must like it, I camp on my own and find it a friendly and safe site and come back to meet friends I have made over the years, it is a lovely site with friendly hard working wardens, I always go on lakeside and hard standing I have had a few soggy times on grass so prefer hardstanding now. The ladies in the office are lovely and friendly as are the owners and will always help you if they can, it is a big site but is split into small fields. The chippy had the best fish and chips I have tasted even from back home, the only thing I would say the mini fish and chips isn't always available which is a shame. I shall be returning as often as I can thank you the scotts for owning such a great site

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Josh2014 5 reviews from this member

We visited Northam Farm for a week in May 2013. This was our first holiday in our newly bought caravan and it was wonderful. On arrival we went into the very smart office and were greeted by both smart and very friendly staff. We were told to go and meet the site staff who then showed us our pitch even helping us to set up when we explained it was our first time.

The toilet and shower block were spotlessly clean, even though they had to service a huge quantity of people they were never dirty. The on site shop has everything you could need and lovely food served at the on site chip shop and cafe.

We took advantage of the excellent public transport facilities running into Weston and stopping outside the site and with the funfair, numerous bars and cafe's, bakery, amusements and indoor swimming pool all within walking distance what more could you ask for. Thoroughly enjoyed it an excellent site.

Previous     158 Reviews in total, now showing 11 to 20      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers