Visitor Reviews - Northam Farm Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Northam Farm Holiday Park
South Road
Brean
Burnham On Sea
Somerset   (Browse area)
TA8 2SE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m  1m  1m   1m  1m  1m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  147 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Baileybus 11 reviews from this member

A lovely weekend spent on this wonderful campsite. Had a pitch by the lakeside where our friends fished. It was so peaceful. The mallards came right up to us but refused to eat out of our hands. The facilities were very clean and tidy, catering for all ages and abilities. Not only are you very close to the beach, but you have stunning views across to the beautiful Mendip Hills. We found the staff very friendly and helpful.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Arsenal fan 29 reviews from this member

We have used this site a lot over past ten years the last few visits have been during wet weather and the state of the grass was awful however they have addressed the problem by adding a course sand surface for the awning area its great not to have mud everywhere. We happened to book during the heatwave no wind a first for the area.

Staff very helpful and friendly nice to see the owners chatting to everyone. Wardens very much in evidence keeping check on everything site very clean and tidy didn't use shop or Seagull this time Scotty's bar was ok chip shop bit expensive but handy. One down side wish they had WiFi used a mobile access which was hopeless lets hope they get it for next season.

Reviewer: Graham1405 7 reviews from this member

Owner and ground staff helpful and found us an excellent pitch after my wife's hip replacement close to utility block. Pitches were flat and a reasonable size. Many pitches for tents without electric hookup.

Security was evident with regular patrols.

Tourers placed after the seasonal/static caravans consequently tourers are 200yds+ away from site entrance, shop, cafe. Tent only camping areas even further away.

Mobility aids in disabled toilets superficially cleaned but grab bars etc had ground in dirt, and were not cleaned on a daily basis. Showers cost 50p by token and last 10 mins.

Excellent shop with good selection of products, helpful service, comparable with corner shop prices.

On site restaurant used once for breakfast, poor service, poor quality food, for scrambled egg (not free range) on toast plus one breakfast of 1 bacon rasher, 1 sausage, 1 egg, very greasy fried bread, 1 cup tea and 1 cup coffee was 9. 20, very expensive for poor quality food and service.

We also tried Seagull Restaurant once, covered tables outside (owned by Northam Farm) 3 tables still had uncleared food long enough on the tables for Seagulls to fly in and help themselves to left overs, breaking glass in the process.

Many vehicles exceeded 10mph speed limit on site roads, which were dominated by children on bikes and scooters unsupervised and rowdy.

We recommend nearby Beechcomber bar for entertainment and excellent food mile away.

Very close to visitor attractions of Somerset.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Moomolly 3 reviews from this member

I have been coming here for many years about 20 I think, so I must like it, I camp on my own and find it a friendly and safe site and come back to meet friends I have made over the years, it is a lovely site with friendly hard working wardens, I always go on lakeside and hard standing I have had a few soggy times on grass so prefer hardstanding now. The ladies in the office are lovely and friendly as are the owners and will always help you if they can, it is a big site but is split into small fields. The chippy had the best fish and chips I have tasted even from back home, the only thing I would say the mini fish and chips isn't always available which is a shame. I shall be returning as often as I can thank you the scotts for owning such a great site

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Gcokrox 1 review from this member

We just come back from northam farm after a friend recommended it to us, and we were not disappointed in the slightest!

We camped for 3 nights in our royal rimini frame tent on field 5 and was pleasantly surprised on the size of the pitches. Our tent is quite a size and it fit our tent, trailer and our car quite easily!

My brother in law pitched his next to us and we had a great time!

The toilets, showers and washing facilities were some of the best and cleanest we've seen on a campsite, with a shower costing 50p which seemed to go on for ages!

The electric hookups were lit up up which a acted like 'lamposts' which made it seem more safer.

There is a children's play area/park in every field which were brilliant and fenced off, massive fishing lakes with excellent spots for fishermen or women.

The site shop I have to say was reasonably cheap for your food or alcohol compared to other site shops.

Security patrol very frequently all over the park to keep trouble at bay, but during our stay there I didn't witness any trouble whatsoever and felt myself and my family were completely safe!

I would recommend this camping/caravan park to anyone, and will be a very frequent visitor!

Well done northam farm!

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Avesta 1 review from this member

I have visited Northam Farm several times. I keep going back is because of the very friendly staff.

The security on the site is very good, not only has it a main guard on the gates at night but also vans touring the site daily at various times.

The food at the chip shop is always very nice, you get a large portion of chips and they are proper chips!

The shower blocks are always very clean although you have to pay for a 50p for a shower which lasts about 8 mins (the water is always just right) and for a bath is 1. If you want to wash your hair there is facilities for this at 20p per wash and there are sockets for your own hairdryer.

The site is always clean and well maintained but parts can become water logged in very wet weather.

There are Three main children's parks which are well maintained but a bit of a walk if your not sighted in that field.

It would be nice to have a park in each field, so you could keep an eye on your children while they play, even if it is in one corner so other campers still get their peace and quiet if they want it.

The dog walks are kept dog mess free, as campers are urged to pick up their own dogs mess and there are plenty of dog bins around to ensure this.

There is a launderette on site and washing up facilities with hot water for dishes. Plus a well stocked shop.

There are lots of electrical hookups, in fact more hookups per pitch than not.

If I had to write anything bad about this site it would be that because the site is so big the shower blocks and children's parks are quite a distance away, and for any entertainment you have to go off site which is a pain if you have trouble walking!

There is lots to do within Brean you have lots of pubs that are dog/child friendly. The beachcomber makes excellent meals and also has a kids club with games and prizes most evenings with a live singer/entertainer for the adults as well.

The seagull also has entertainment and makes food but is very large and imposing. The funfair is good value if you can get the half price wrist bands.

There are also lots of places of interest to visit Cheddar Gorge, Glastonbury and clarks village to name a few.

Previous     147 Reviews in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!