Visitor Reviews - Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Luss
Loch Lomond
Argyll   (Browse area)
G83 8NT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m 1m  1m   1m

Open: 01 Apr 2014 - 27 Oct 2014

Reviews:  90 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bonnie + Clyde* 9 reviews from this member

I arrived here and the people that run the site were initially concerned that the grass areas were too wet for me to camp. They really did bend over backwards to find me a spot suitable enough. I had a fantastic time. Really needed this overnight to practice my new tent. Great site, well run and very friendly.

Toilet blocks good. Showers warm. Used electric hook up. Luss is beautiful, small village with excellent walks. My wee Westie had a brilliant time and there is a very good dog walking area in the site

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Clickerjac 7 reviews from this member

This was the last stop on our Highlands & Islands tour and it was a good one. The staff were very friendly & helpful. The site is all level, but rather soggy from lots of rain and a bit stony for getting tent pegs in. The facilities block is clean & well maintained, with private cubicles for washing as well as loos & showers (push button showers but good and hot).

There is no shop but eggs and ice creams are available from the office. Not sure if there is an electric hook up for tents, we didn't need one that night. It is a beautiful spot on the shores of Loch Lomond, but unfortunately the A82 runs alongside and the traffic noise spoils a tranquil setting, especially as tents are not soundproofed!

The village of Luss is a short walk down the road, it is very picturesque and offers various places to eat.

I expect we would stop here again, I don't think we would stay more than a couple of nights though. It is a good halfway point on a journey further north or south.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Shakeymc 2 reviews from this member

Facilities at this CCC site are clean but dated, it has two toilet blocks with only one chemical disposal point in the first toilet block. If you are pitched near or past the second toilet block its quite a drag back to the first toilet block to empty the toilet cassette.

It has been a very wet summer and this site was showing evidence of this with areas of sodden grass, we had a hard standing pitch, the grass area surrounding the pitch had very deep tyre tracks created by previous occupiers, the warden apologised about the state of the grass, blaming it on careless drivers; no attempt was made while we were there to repair the tyre damage.

The site is described as 'one of the most beautiful in the network', our view of the loch, from our pitch, was blocked by overgrown scrub making our pitch dark and dank, if the scrub was managed and the trees trimmed this would improve the ambiance of the site and might even reduce the effects of the midges!

The warden we spoke to was very pleasant and chatty, we had to phone the reception at one point when a campers dog was always off the lead, with the last straw being when the owner let the dog follow her into the ladies toilet, the same warden came straight away and spoke to the dog owner.

The village of Luss next to the site is well worth a visit and the cycle way which runs along the edge of the site (Balloch too Tarbet) was great, we cycled to Tarbet on the cycle path with wonderful views of Loch Lomand and the surrounding mountains, about one mile outside of Tarbet the cycle way is quite close to the A82, extra care at this point is needed.

The whole site had a well worn look about it and it could do with a makeover, in the meantime, perhaps the CCC would consider reducing the site fees.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Grajacq 1 review from this member

This was our first ever stay on a caravan park having only just bought the van 2 weeks prior. Upon arrival we found the staff to be extremely helpful and patient, helping us with a few teething problems being the first time. The site was very well maintained, clean and tidy including the toilets and shower block, beautiful scenery being right next to the Loch, I would highly recommend this site to anyone, and would certainly visit it again.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Steve-R 1 review from this member

I stayed here for quite a long stay, and firstly I must praise the wardens for switching bookings around to accommodate my large Motorhome.

The site is deceptively large, and although quite dated it's well kept and clean. The wardens are very friendly, helpful, and cheerful.

It's location is nicely set by Loch Lomond, and I had a Lochside pitch. But as mentioned, because I was under a tree the view was obstructed by branches. But that was a minor gripe. The site is also only a short walk from the pretty village of Luss, and a short drive to Balloch.

I think this site is used mainly as a stop-over as you travel further into the Highlands, or for a few days discovering the local area, and for that it is perfect. For a longer stay there are better in the area.

On the subject of the stated gripes.

I was there a few weeks, and although there are a lot of midges, I found the midge bites minimal. It was only on the last few days when I washed my car under a load of trees (like an idiot!) that I really got attacked. But that was my own stupidity.

There is a bit of road noise, but it's mostly acceptable, and you soon get used to it.

The toilet blocks are dated. But always clean, well kept, and certainly acceptable.

Overall a very pleasant site with very friendly wardens.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Busymale 3 reviews from this member

A good campsite on the banks of the picturesque Loch Lomond.

Toilets were clean and the welcome was very friendly. They don't cram people in and the gates are closed to avoid the potential for pirate campers.

Right next to the shore it does suffer badly from midges but otherwise child friendly, scenic and worth a return visit.

There is also Luss Village within easy walking distance and a cycle track running parallel with the campsite. Although right on the A82 the traffic didn't seem too bad and I got a good nights sleep.

Previous     90 Review in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Argyll   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!