Visitor Reviews - Mosshall Farm Caravan Park

Mosshall Farm Caravan Park
Mosshall Farm
Blackburn
Lothian   (Browse area)
EH47 7DB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  5m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  13 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: April 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Bru-the-pilgrim 2 reviews from this member

This was my third visit to this site; it is still one of my favourite sites.

The facilities are always warm and clean, yes you pay 50p for a shower but there is always plenty of hot water, and I have always finished before the money had run out!

The site is well pleased for visiting Falkirk, Stirling, Edinburgh and even Loch Lomond if you are on a day out.

I recommend this site to anyone looking to explore this part of Scotland.

I will definitely be back.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Heathercu 1 review from this member

Just got home from a lovely bank hol weekend with the family, what a lovely little working farm.

The owners are very welcoming. They have a lovely little farm shop, the washing area has constant hot water and the showers also, the owner was there every day making sure the toilets and showers were clean.

The location is ideal if you would like a trip out for the day. The Falkirk Wheel is not too far away to visit. We look forward to coming back to see you guys soon.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Sandra Mac 1 review from this member

I stayed with my 2 children aged 11&13 and this was our favourite site during our holiday. The owners were very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed being in the midst of a working farm, although I can see that this would not be to everyone's taste.

As previously stated, there is hard standing pitches as well as grass for tents, the toilets, showers etc were all warm and clean. All amenities are available locally.

We only stayed one rather wet night, but would not hesitate to return.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Boss Dog 18 2 reviews from this member

Impressed with the drive up to the farm and then all opinions changed. A very tight squeeze to get into the park especially as we have a large van. Pleasant position but found some of the residents unfriendly and the toilet block was smelly.

The ladies did not seem to be cleaned for the duration of time we stayed. I objected to the charge for showers(as this was not indicated in the description) and we were not told that the electricity was metered and as a result we plugged into the wrong one and were cut off during one evening.

The owner, I have to say was helpful and reconnected us but I feel this should have been explained at the start.

The site does have potential but needs, in my opinion, some TLC. Sadly we will not be returning.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bru-the-pilgrim 2 reviews from this member

We stayed on the site for eleven weeks when I worked in the area.

The owners are most helpful and friendly

The site is tight to get too as you drive through the farm out buildings but I managed a 22foot caravan with no problems.

We stayed on the hard standing but there is a grassy area for tents etc.

The toilets are clean and warm with plenty of hot water and a dish washing area.

This is not a site for children as they would have nowhere to play, the grass being used for tents.

As for dog walking the long driveway to the farm was Ideal.

Would I use the site again? Yes I will be back when on holiday to explore the area.

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jazzmanted 1 review from this member

A site we will return to - I loved it!

It is secure and adjacent to a working farm which is great for me as I was brought up on one but may not suit all tastes - fresh eggs available and facilities cleaned regularly

Access to site is good and clean if a little tight for the inexperienced - however the owners will help if you have trouble reversing

Not ideal for kids unless they love farming

Nearby fuel/garage 1/4 mile with food and co-op about 2 miles away in Whitburn + pubs various with food

Easy access ex Jnct 4 of Motorway and therefore a great stopping off place for a visit to Edinburgh or Glasgow or ideally both

Lovely panoramic views towards Sterling from a fine country setting of a quiet location

Previous     13 Reviews in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lothian   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Pop up Utility tent

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018