Visitor Reviews - Aberbran Fawr Campsite

Aberbran Fawr Campsite
Aberbran
Brecon
Powys   (Browse area)
LD3 9NG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 10m  5m  1m   5m  1m

Open: Easter To October

Reviews:  35 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a £300 Prize Package including £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: MrsTP 1 review from this member

Beautiful setting. The site owners made us really welcome despite us waking up & realising we arrived and pitched on the wrong site - it was dark ! great facilities compared with limited services on other sites! We'll definitely book here next time! Near to Brecon town. An hour from Cardiff. Many activities for little ones nearby.

Reviewer: Rattler1014 1 review from this member

Just spent 2 nights and 3 days at this site with my wife and two children aged 7 and 4, and our Spaniel. What a wonderful site and location, very friendly and accommodating site, couldn't do enough for us. We were pitched between the river and the play area which suited both my children and my Spaniel.

Mainly caravans on the site, most of which were permanently pitched but this was no problem, there was a gentleman on site who was like a warden/helper and he provided everything we needed, wood for the fires, advice on wildlife and again could not do enough for us.

The shower block was being refurbed at the time so there was a portaloo and a makeshift shower and toilet, but we knew this when we went there, the showers should be finished this month and I think this will complete this lovely, small and helpful site.

We will not hesitate to go back, the only reason we left was because of work otherwise we could have quite happily stayed there.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chucky3211 1 review from this member

My partner and I stayed here with our 2 dogs and had a lovely time despite the new shower block and toilets being under construction. The owner was very friendly and accommodating especially when my partners son and girlfriend came down to stay for 1 night. We were able to buy logs for £3. 00 a bag for a campfire. The only minor issue we found was that there was no dedicated dog walk but this was soon sorted by the owner as he gave his permission to walk them around his nearby corn field. It was also handy to have Brecon nearby as we had forgotten our quilt and had to go and buy 1. Lol. Overall its a lovely quiet friendly site. Ideal for chilling and getting away from the rat race. Will definitely go back again.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Daiwelly 7 reviews from this member

The Toilets and Showers are being rebuilt at the moment but will include Ladies and Gents toilets and showers all hand basins with hot and cold water.

Dedicated disabled toilets and showers.

Kitchen area will include 2 sinks with hot and cold water, this work will should be finished by the end of the first week in July, This is part of the whole campsite upgrade process!

The fruit picking season should start the first week in July.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Divingscubaboy 1 review from this member

We previously stayed here in late September/October last year and have just returned from the site this year.

I didn't leave a review last year but the same applies!

The site is very conveniently located a few miles West of Brecon and literally just off the A40. We used the site as a base for walking and have found its location convenient for 'access all areas'.

The site is a long field with a smooth hardcore track running through the centre of the site. The field itself borders the river which I have only seen in a fast flowing state and would not consider it safe for children to play in. There is a nearly vertical 4 ft bank straight into water. There is a gentler access point at the far end of the site however care would be needed to enter / exit the water.

There are a few (10?) permanently sited touring caravans and opposite these is the area for visiting touring caravans and tents. The 'visiting' unit part of the site is a grass field located to one side of the central hardcore track. Both times I have visited, the field has been relatively 'soggy'. The earth is very red and quite claggy when soggy. Because of this a trip to the facilities can be a soggy affair and I suggest wellies or 'crocs' are an essential item if the site is wet.

The facilities consist of 2 combined shower / toilet units and 2 additional toilets. There is also a washing up 'room'.

The showers are unlimited and hot with ample pressure. The facilities are kept very clean but the floors can appear dirty because of the red earth!

The wash up 'room' has no hot water or light so you'll need to heat your own water and wash up during daylight hours or take a torch.

We have not used them but electric hook ups are available for tents and caravans but you'll need to check well in advance for availability.

I would suggest that you phone to book a pitch or enquire as I have not had a response from email enquiries in the past.

There is the possibility to have an open fire if the weather permits, logs are available from the site owners.

We are not aware of any facilities such as pubs and shops etc nearby, not to say there aren't any but we haven't looked!

There is a childs play area with slide and climbing frame etc which looks like fun (if your a child!)

We really like this site because of its friendliness, location and value for money.

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Android 4 reviews from this member

Having read the reviews, I booked this site for 1 night with my son, to make sure our camping gear was ok for the new season. On arrival you go to the farmhouse first to check in, on this occasion my details werenít listed (I had emailed a booking form through 3 days before) but they werenít full so told me to go down to the site and pitch anywhere.

There was plenty of room and the site is flat. We pitched backing onto the river and it was so windy we nearly ended up in it! Luckily 2 men from the other pitches came and helped out.

The facilities were clean and the showers hot - one of the toilets was dirty at about 6pm but was clean by 8pm. Very impressive.

There is also Dai who came over and checked everything was ok, as the owners were away he was watching over the site and gave me a brief overview of the facilities.

They could do with hot water in the washing up area, I was lucky and had electric so could boil the kettle but would have struggled to wash greasy frying pans in cold water. There is electric in the cabins so hot water could be installed on a meter which would pay for itself?

The site was great for kids with a climbing frame and swings, there is also the river which plenty of kids were playing in with nets and canoes.

The site was very quiet at night, there is another site across the river and that was also quiet - it isnít linked to this but is very close.

There were a lot of dogs here, most were on leads, some werenít. My son isnít too keen on them but soon made friends with the farm dog ĎTessí who was running around for a few hours and very friendly. If I went back with my daughter (aged 4) she would spend most of the time in the car if Tess was there as she is terrified of dogs.

A very nice site, I will definitely consider returning, thereís nowhere to eat or drink locally but a great place to relax and a large supermarket fairly close by in Brecon if needed for longer stays.

Previous     35 Reviews in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Powys   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018