Visitor Reviews - Old Hall Cottage Camping Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > North Yorkshire > Site Reviews

Old Hall Cottage Camping Site
The Cart House
North Yorkshire   (Browse area)
DL8 3LZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01969 667691

Reviews:  26 in total, now showing 7 to 12                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PICTURE 1 review from this member

My husband and I plus 2 daughters have just spent the weekend here. It is a beautiful site surrounded by lovely countryside. The site is very clean, the toilet and shower blocks are spotless and seem to be checked regularly by the owner of the site. The site does not have facilities such as hair dryers etc but is a good clean site with fabulous hot showers. One of our daughters is terrified of dogs so we were very pleased to find that the site does not allow them. The cafe were we booked in serves lovely home made soup and cakes. The village is lovely with a stream running through the centre, great for our girls to play in. The small town of Hawes has good shops and is a pleasant 1. 5 mile walk away.

We had a lovely weekend and will be back.

Reviewer: J and J 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from 2 nights at Old Hall Cottage Camp Site. This is a lovely quiet site in beautiful surroundings. Cafe and Public House nearby. Shops in Hawes 30 min stroll across fields. The communal facilities very clean with plenty of hot water. No marked out pitches, just choose your spot and erect your tent. The grass was a bit long and would have benefited from a cut. We loved this site and are planning a return visit soon

Reviewer: The Walker Rambler 6 reviews from this member

I have just returned from spending 3 nights at this campsite. I have camped all of my life and I must rate this as one of the best sites I have ever stopped at. The first 2 nights were very quiet and it got fairly busy on the Saturday night. Although there are only 2 showers on the site, at no time did I have to wait for a shower. Also I thought the showers were the best I have used on a campsite. The toilets and showers were extremely clean and tidy at all times. The views from the site were stunning. The only downside was that the nearest shops are a good walk away at Hawes but I would still give this site a 9 out of 10 score. I will definitely be returning to this site probably within the next fortnight.

Reviewer: KimmyJane 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at Old Hall Cottage camp site last weekend, the site is well maintained with clean facilities - without C&C Club rules about shower blocks being closed for three hours for cleaning. Stunning views, very helpful, accommodating owners, great food at the café and the pub just over the bridge. Ideal for local walks, without having to drive to a starting point. Not too commercialised, possibly due to lack of electric hook-up (owners, please don't change!) quiet site. Area a lot quieter than the Lake District, so if you like a walk without the 'madding crowd' head for Hardraw :-)

I'm sure we'll be back,

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Rebell50 2 reviews from this member

Very helpful and pleasant owner, who made delicious home made food in the cafe.

Toilet and washing area spotless and hot water for washing up and bathing.

Very clean with no litter and clearly marked bins.

High standard of facilities.

Lovely green rolling site next to a small river and a stone's throw from the famous Hardrow Falls but without the bog or public access.

Overall a lovely spot with picturesque views

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fen Runner 3 reviews from this member

Just got back from a quick two, enjoyable nights at Old Hall Cottage and I thought the views from the site are amazing.

The site is relatively level and on the days in question it was quiet with only five tents in situ so I could pitch where I wanted. As previously commented on the toilets/showers are small but for me this wasn't a problem with the site quiet.

The showers were clean and pipping hot so the 50p did not seem too much to ask. The lack of hot water in the basins was a chore though as it meant 'carting' a kettle with you if you wanted a shave.

The cost for me and a two berth tent/car was £9 per night so this didn't seem too expenses but I have just returned to camping after a considerable time so don't know how this compares?

The Green Dragon pub is only two mins and is an excellent pub with a wide variety of real ales, good food, homely ambience and welcoming open fire.

If you catch the site 'off peak' as I did you will find it a more than enjoyable experience.

Previous     26 Reviews in total, now showing 7 to 12      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in North Yorkshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 – 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!