Visitor Reviews - Sandwich Leisure Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Sandwich Leisure Park
Woodnesborough Rd
Sandwich
Kent   (Browse area)
CT13 0AA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  10m  1m  5m   5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  124 in total, now showing 115 to 120                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin £200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Reviewer: Imellor 5 reviews from this member

June 2005
Just returned from this site and agree with many of the reviews. Good clean toilet / shower block, plenty of hot water.
Sandwich is a short walk and has a Co-op for all your necessities. As mentioned by someone else the Red Cow is a also a short walk away.
The weekend we picked was particularly hot and we were allocated a pitch in the centre, I would have preferred more shade, also we were at the railway end and as people have mentioned, this can be quite noisy.
All things considered, a good site, which I would recommend.

Reviewer: Ichy 2 reviews from this member

March 2005
Nice clean and well presented site.
If you go out of season there's not much for teens to do. No club house, bar or shop on site (a little frustating when you have a toddler).
The toilet block was very clean and well stocked.
Supper piches are a little over priced for what you get ...ie tv only gives you 4 channels. But if you take your freeview box you can tune in to their arial and receive all the free to air stuff.
Waste is near the electric hook up so if like me you only have a small waist pipe you are stuffed !!. Still having said all that , I shall be returning soon.
Thanx for reading my reiview. Tom

Reviewer: Arnieslad 4 reviews from this member

September 2004
Excellent flat site well situated within walking distance of quant Sandwich. Toilet facilities very good,very clean, plenty of free hot water, it looks like it is a pretty new toilet block. Most of the pitches have their own water supply as well as electric and tv aerial points. The only minor grumble is that trains pass by pretty frequently and can be slightly noisy at night. Will definately return again can recommend even though I live in Yorkshire, I can cope with the long drive down.

Reviewer: Dallaway 1 review from this member

July 2004
A lovely site and well recommended. Plenty of space open space between tent pitches, good ground for tent pegs. Very clean and well kept everywhere, terrific showers and toilet block. Very close to shops and village so no need for those on-site facilities.
Friendly and efficient reception.
Would go back.

Reviewer: Arsenal2004 4 reviews from this member

August 2004
We booked with the Park about 3 weeks before the date of our visit, we booked two pitches. 10 days before out visit the money came out of the bank but no confirmation we rang and were assured that we were booked in and the confirmation was probably with head office but not to worry and to arrive about midday on the day of arrival. Arrived at the site at about 12.30 (Nice and easy to find) to find that the reception was closed, we and several others rang the bell only to be told that she (the receptionist) was on lunch and we must return in at least half an hour. We found a dry place to have lunch and returned, receptionist in place (Not quite with a smile on her face) to be asked for out booking confirmation, note earlier comments that we didnít receive one. After much searching through paper work our original booking request was found we were in.

We camped in the free area down bottom of the site was near the shower blocks but not too near and we had an excellent grassy pitch with lots of room for the kids to play. The shower blocks were indeed excellent and there was plenty of hot water and fairly clean (there were cleaned regularly). One small thing I donít think there were enough bins for the size of the site, by the end of the long week end these were all over flowing.

Though there is not a shop on site you are about 5 minutes walk from shops and pubs, The Red Cow a particular favourite. Yes there was noise from the trains but only if you were a light sleeper or pitched near the track. No noise curfew bit on the whole most campers did quieten down by about 11ish.

Overall I would give the site for location and the showers 8 out of 10. Our welcome at reception 0 out of 10.

Reviewer: Taxitom 1 review from this member

August 2004
Just returned from this site and my views are a little mixed. Sandwich town is a delight and the cycle ride to Deal (6 miles) was lovely. Today there were no showers and all weekend there were problems with water shortage around the shower /washing up area, the explanation given was that the site was full causing the shortage. My view is there should only be enough people that can be catered for sufficiently, I also think the facilities area could have been cleaned more although I admit the people who leave the facilities in the disgraceful state these were in were not the site managers, who were pleasant enough.
That said, I will try the site again but not on a Bank holiday. I will hopefully get a different opinion, if I do I will be fair and submit it to the review page.

Previous     124 Reviews in total, now showing 115 to 120      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzzwing Tilting and Folding 4 Bike Rack Win your favourite OLPRO Windbreak from 6 Fab Designs

UKCS Meet UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show 2nd to 3rd September
Season-finale event, taking place at Newark Showground, discounted tickets too ...more