Visitor Reviews - The Orchard Camp Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Suffolk > Site Reviews

The Orchard Camp Site
Spring Lane
Wickham Market
Suffolk   (Browse area)
IP13 0SJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  10m  1m  1m   5m  1m  1m

Pitches: 8 acres plus 20 electric pitches
Open: All Year Round

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  180 in total, now showing 171 to 180                 Previous 10         Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Reviewer: Glen Foster 9 reviews from this member

May 2005
We visited this site with 6 friends and their children aged 1 - 9 years old. Always hot water in the showers(2 only), the owners was very friendly and accomadating.

We really enjoyed having a bonfire each night, which is rare on most sites. If you visit the site over a weekend then I recommend the George P.H. On Sunday they play bingo and you can get a take away curry for £2 or play bingo and get a bowl of food for a£1! Good choice of food in the week also.

This is a basic site but I would really recommebd it.

Reviewer: Rwoolley1 2 reviews from this member

May 2005
We visited this site when we went to the UKCS Alien Encounter meet. The owner and his family were very helpful and friendly. The facilities were clean and in good condition. I would recommend this site to anyone. There are shops near by in the village and plenty of places to eat out. The campsite is very relaxing.

Reviewer: Ratty 108 reviews from this member

May 2005
Visited this site as part of the UKCampsite.co.uk Alien Encounters Meet.

Firstly I would say that the road leading up to the site is rather narrow but don't let that put you off, also when approaching the site, if you're in a long caravan, you will need to swing out and then in as the entrance is a fairly sharp u-turn, however we were in a 21-foot caravan and managaed it no problem.

We were greeted by a cheerful and helpful site owner who gave us a tour of the site, location of showers, water points etc.

The site is on a slope but has been terraced in many places to offer flat pitches. The site has a couple of lakes and some woodland at the bottom end of the site where I noticed a couple of tents pitched, offering extra seclusion.

The site only has two showers and three toilets but on a normal weekend would be sufficient to meet the needs.

The showers are power showers so always hot and you can control the temp and the direction. The showers are in the cubicles with the toilets so nice and spacious especially if you have littluns with you that cannot shower on their own.

There is a games room on site with pool table, darts and a TV.

The village of Wickam Market is about one mile away, a nice stroll or cycle ride. In the village is a Co-op store open 7 days a week offering all the grocery items that you need. There is a chip shop, curry house and Chinese restaurant. There was only one pub that I noticed, I didn't venture in it but it looked nice from the outside.

If youy are after a bigger shop then Tesco is about 7 miles down the road toward Ipswisch, with Ipswich being about 10 miles away for all your other shopping.

The site is close to lots of places of interest including the infamous Rendlesham Forest (where the aliens landed!) , Sutton Hoo, Orford Castle, Ipswich plus so much more.

The site is close to the main A12 meaning access is easy but you do get a constant hum from the road when on the site, however after 10 minutes we did not even notice this and it blended into the background with the birds tweeting.

Overall a lovely site in a great location , we will be back and one to recommend in the area.

Reviewer: Fuffy 15 reviews from this member

May 2005
We visited here as part of a UKCS Meet and had a fantastic time! The site is very clean, with plenty of space and a relaxed feel to it. Facilities are basic but very clean and the owners are the friendliest most helpful site owners i have ever known! Will definately return.

Reviewer: Kenton 7 reviews from this member

April 2005
Visited site on the UKCS Alien Encounter Meet. Everything I expected and wanted was there. Alan the site owner is so laid back he is practically horizontal! Facilities were as clean as you can expect on a campsite which had experienced some rain. The cleaning of the facilities was also carried out on a regular basis.

When not being used for an organised meet, I can imagine that this is a beautiful and peaceful retreat. Given the way my family and I were treated, we are likely to return here at some point in the future.

Reviewer: Claire 4 reviews from this member

April 2005
I have just hosted the Alien meet here for UKCS and I would 150% recommend this site to anyone. The site owners are fantastic, the site is fab, loo and showers kept clean to say there is only two and there was more than 150 of us (dont worry porta loos were fetched in to cover the demand on loos). Excellent dishwashing area even a fridge frezer for you to use. Chidrens play area, loads of space to walk the dog. I could go on and one but I think you get the picture, give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewer: Gailro 1 review from this member

May 2004
My partner and I visited this site several times last year and will definately be returning again this year. It is a gorgeous site, very relaxing and lots of space per pitch. The local village is a very short walk away through lovely country lanes adn it has everything you could need. The showers and toilets are always clean and tidy and the owners are really friendly. We can't wait until our camping seasons starts again so we can return for many more lazy weekends.

Reviewer: Mattquin123 1 review from this member

August 2004
I visited just over the bank holiday weekend in august. Being the third time I have used the site in as many months. The owner made us feel very welcome. There was a group of us staying at the bottom in the secluded area, we arranged a campfire for the weekend with wood etc provided by the owner. Well worth the minimal cost I will say. Its the only way to camp.
Since the last reviewer wrote the site now has two showers and toilets with two portloos ( with sinks). The site is sloped and provides a large open area ideal for caravans and campervans. Tents have the full range over the site. This is not a regimented site as many are, it is pleasant, laid back( such as no great need to vacate at midday) easy to get to, the village has all you want within a walk. I will definatly be going back frequently. Many thanks Alan for a great weekend. Rob

Reviewer: quiet_badger 2 reviews from this member

3rd/4th July 2004
Spent the weekend there on my own. Overall it is a relatively quiet site. There is the one bathroom which has both the toilet and the shower - Both were very clean. The owners were very polite and friendly. Very laid-back feel to the place and it has a good atmosphere. Generally, it is good place if you're just looking a quiet couple of days away - ideal if you enjoy pitchin' up and chilling out. It's also a good base if you want to explore Suffolk.
Would recommend and would make a return visit.

Reviewer: missbluey 3 reviews from this member

25th - 27th June 2004
Site was lovely, small 'cosy' private areas within wooded glades... we were a group of 8 celebrating a birthday and the site was perfect for this! Lots of space to run about and play frisbie/cricket etc...
Quite a hike to the local pub... about a 20 min walk at a good pace, the local indian was excellent, again quite a walk tho...
We had a lovely weekend, the only issue being the shower, only one of them, in the same room as the only loo. Another loo at the back of owners house, but I felt slightly uncomfotable entering their property! No TV room as described but we didnt need this anyway.
Would go again with a smaller group in hope the site was quiet (to prevent bathroom issues).
The site owner was lovely and very welcoming.
Would recommend.

Previous     180 Reviews in total, now showing 171 to 180     Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Suffolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers