Visitor Reviews - The Orchard Camp Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Suffolk > Site Reviews

The Orchard Camp Site
Spring Lane
Wickham Market
Suffolk   (Browse area)
IP13 0SJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  10m  1m  1m   5m  1m  1m

Pitches: 8 acres plus 20 electric pitches
Open: All Year Round

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  177 in total, now showing 171 to 177                 Previous 10         Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Reviewer: Fuffy 15 reviews from this member

May 2005
We visited here as part of a UKCS Meet and had a fantastic time! The site is very clean, with plenty of space and a relaxed feel to it. Facilities are basic but very clean and the owners are the friendliest most helpful site owners i have ever known! Will definately return.

Reviewer: Kenton 7 reviews from this member

April 2005
Visited site on the UKCS Alien Encounter Meet. Everything I expected and wanted was there. Alan the site owner is so laid back he is practically horizontal! Facilities were as clean as you can expect on a campsite which had experienced some rain. The cleaning of the facilities was also carried out on a regular basis.

When not being used for an organised meet, I can imagine that this is a beautiful and peaceful retreat. Given the way my family and I were treated, we are likely to return here at some point in the future.

Reviewer: Claire 4 reviews from this member

April 2005
I have just hosted the Alien meet here for UKCS and I would 150% recommend this site to anyone. The site owners are fantastic, the site is fab, loo and showers kept clean to say there is only two and there was more than 150 of us (dont worry porta loos were fetched in to cover the demand on loos). Excellent dishwashing area even a fridge frezer for you to use. Chidrens play area, loads of space to walk the dog. I could go on and one but I think you get the picture, give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Reviewer: Gailro 1 review from this member

May 2004
My partner and I visited this site several times last year and will definately be returning again this year. It is a gorgeous site, very relaxing and lots of space per pitch. The local village is a very short walk away through lovely country lanes adn it has everything you could need. The showers and toilets are always clean and tidy and the owners are really friendly. We can't wait until our camping seasons starts again so we can return for many more lazy weekends.

Reviewer: Mattquin123 1 review from this member

August 2004
I visited just over the bank holiday weekend in august. Being the third time I have used the site in as many months. The owner made us feel very welcome. There was a group of us staying at the bottom in the secluded area, we arranged a campfire for the weekend with wood etc provided by the owner. Well worth the minimal cost I will say. Its the only way to camp.
Since the last reviewer wrote the site now has two showers and toilets with two portloos ( with sinks). The site is sloped and provides a large open area ideal for caravans and campervans. Tents have the full range over the site. This is not a regimented site as many are, it is pleasant, laid back( such as no great need to vacate at midday) easy to get to, the village has all you want within a walk. I will definatly be going back frequently. Many thanks Alan for a great weekend. Rob

Reviewer: quiet_badger 2 reviews from this member

3rd/4th July 2004
Spent the weekend there on my own. Overall it is a relatively quiet site. There is the one bathroom which has both the toilet and the shower - Both were very clean. The owners were very polite and friendly. Very laid-back feel to the place and it has a good atmosphere. Generally, it is good place if you're just looking a quiet couple of days away - ideal if you enjoy pitchin' up and chilling out. It's also a good base if you want to explore Suffolk.
Would recommend and would make a return visit.

Reviewer: missbluey 3 reviews from this member

25th - 27th June 2004
Site was lovely, small 'cosy' private areas within wooded glades... we were a group of 8 celebrating a birthday and the site was perfect for this! Lots of space to run about and play frisbie/cricket etc...
Quite a hike to the local pub... about a 20 min walk at a good pace, the local indian was excellent, again quite a walk tho...
We had a lovely weekend, the only issue being the shower, only one of them, in the same room as the only loo. Another loo at the back of owners house, but I felt slightly uncomfotable entering their property! No TV room as described but we didnt need this anyway.
Would go again with a smaller group in hope the site was quiet (to prevent bathroom issues).
The site owner was lovely and very welcoming.
Would recommend.

Previous     177 Reviews in total, now showing 171 to 177     Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Suffolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs