Visitor Reviews - The Quiet Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

The Quiet Site
Ullswater
The Lake District
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA11 0LS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07768 727016  or  017684 86337

5m  5m  5m  1m  1m  5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  211 in total, now showing 201 to 210                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win 100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Reviewer: Taviour 17 reviews from this member

July 2004
We had a fantastic time at The Quiet site. The facilities were great and well looked after. It was the first time my partner has camped since he was a lad and he has been bitten by the bug..OK the weather wasn't that great when we went... it is in the Lakes after all... but a fine time was had by all and we will be going back again..
We had a terrace pitch right at the top of the field and couldn't have asked for a better pitch... level and dry... with the added advantage of trees to shelter under whilst we bbq.. I'd recommend this place to anyone..!

Reviewer: scottishroamers 3 reviews from this member

May 2004
We loved this site. I have read other reviews and feel some to be too harsh. This is the kind of site that people who come to the Lake District are looking for. Spectacular scenery, wildlife, peace and quiet and a good all round base. If you are looking for a site where you can unwind at the end of the day then this site should be considered. The bar is cosy and informal, they were happy to let us in with our dogs. There's also a games room with arcade games, ping pong etc and in the bar there is a pool room with dart board (although not visible when you go in - you go through into another room upstairs.
We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves watching roe deer and buzzards from our caravan - a must for nature lovers.

Reviewer: aki21uk 1 review from this member

Many visits
Ok,I have read the comments above and I think the quiet site has some cracking attributes.
If you want a site with barney bunny to entertain the kids in a plastic pub with lots of people who are wondering whether they should have a burger or fish and chips tonight then stay away!
If on the other hand you are looking for a friendly, picturesque fairly well maintained, full of character and one of the best pubs I have ever been in sort of site, then I would pick this one. I noted one person had said the views of the lake were obscured, true, but a look down the valley reminds you of Austria, and a look up the valley reminds you of the yorkshire dales on a good day. The walks from here are fantastic and the location could not be better. I am going May Bank holiday - again!

Reviewer: Sophie 1 review from this member

March 2004
This is a lovely little site and was very quiet when we visited. I have read all the reviews about this place. It all depends what you want out of a campsite.
This site is very peaceful and in a lovely setting, so you cannot see the lake but other scenery makes up for that - and by night it was v. v. v. dark.
If you want close proximity to a toilet block then this will not offer you that. Showers free, but while we stayed here did not get very warm - not good when it is cold and wet outside!
Shop offers basics, and we did not go in the bar so cannot comment on that.
Playground is a bit shabby and is not suitable for young children. Also playing field at this time of year was waterlogged.
I am making this site sound worse than it is - but having chosen it based on their website, I suppose we were expecting the 'ultimate'. It did not give us that, but on the other hand did give us a lovely peaceful break and if you are expecting an uncommercialised basic but clean site this is it.
Also make sure you take some chocs if you are vanning - site not level and our van legs could not achieve level standing on their own.

Reviewer: ILONA 6 reviews from this member

Aug 2003
We loved this site, everything we wanted on a site was here, small shop selling the basics bacon, eggs, milk, sausages & wine (except newspapers). There is a large play area for the children and ball games. Tv and games room, clean toilets & showers and best of all an old barn housing the bar with real roaring open fire.
I would advise booking at peak times and if hook-up required. Looking forward to going again in 2004.

Reviewer: dean hancock 1 review from this member

13th sept 2003
Exceptionally clean site with good facilities. Staff are friendly and helpful. The adventure play area keeps the kids amused for hours.

This is a great site for touring the whole of the lakes.

Reviewer: Ratty 156 reviews from this member

July 2003
I visited this site after 6 extremely hot days in Derbyshire and the cool weather of the Lakes was a welcome comfort indeed, (it rained from midnight to midday every day and sunny from midday till it got dark).

When we were driving up the road to this site all I could say was WOW WOW WOW, the view over Lake Ullswater was breathtaking and I starting getting excited about the promising views the campsite would have. Well I was gutted when we finally reached the campsite, the only place I could see the Lake and surrounding mountains was by standing at the entrance gate.

With the scenery aside the reception was very friendly and we were shown to our pitch and explained where all the facilities were. They initially put us on a hard standing pitch next to the camping field which although was a great spot, it was a bit dangerous for my 4 year old daughter who had just learnt to ride a bike because there was a big 4 foot drop from the grass to the hard standing of the pitch. We asked to be moved and hats off to the staff they came out and showed us to a new pitch, closer to the fantastic kids play areas and on level ground.

The play area was large enough although in parts did appear a little tatty with loose planks causing a bit of a hazard. They have a large open area where people can enjoy a good game of rounders, football or similar.

We used the laundry on site and this was 2 a load and 50p per 10 minutes in the tumble dryer, both were large machines so not too bad value for money. The pot wash area was clean and had plenty of hot water. The toilets themselves were cleaned daily but due to the rainy weather that one gets in the Lakes, they soon become muddy and rather undesirable. The showers were non-directional and had no shower curtain so risking getting your clothes and shoes wet unless you took along a bag to put them in.

The Olde Worlde Pub on site is pleasent enough but they do not serve food, there is no view of the Lakes and if you are like me and you like the premium beers then this is not the place for you with Fosters being the only lager on tap, they did offer Beamish and Tetleys though. One good aspect of the Pub is that kids are allowed in there all night and are free to wander between the pub and games room which are ajoined. The games room has three acrade machines, a table football game, tennis table and a TV room.

Pooley Bridge is not too far for a meal with the family with 4 pubs in the village. The Brackenrigg Inn on the way to the site is great serving a cold pint of Strongbow with fab views, but be warned they don't allow the kids in for a meal.

This site certainly lives up to its name and I cannot fault the peace and quiet, we even turned off the portable fridge late at night because the gentle hum was becoming a nuisance. I did hear a noisy dog on one night so I am assuming dogs were allowed on site.

They have a small friendly shop on site selling the basics and this campsite is perfect for those that love hiking and exploring the Northern Lakes. Windermere is 20 miles away but there is plenty to see and do locally to this site.

I would return to the Lakes tomorrow if I could but I would choose a site with a view next time and possibly a pub serving food a little nearer by.

Reviewer: Tom Lombard

July/2003
Visited this site with my wife. We had a great week here lots of good weather and some great walks from the Campsite, especially recommend the walk to Aira Force water falls. Don't believe the hype on their web site though, it's along way from the best site in Britain and the olde worlde pub is more car boot than quaint and stinks a bit too. The 15 minute walk to the pub at the bottom of the hill is well worth it (better choice of beer too!). If you want a flat pitch that keeps sunlight past 6.00 in the summer go for electrical hook-up near the bottom of the hill. Also the showers were a bit temperamental and didn't really work on two out of the six mornings. Was very peaceful though would give it 6.5 out of 10!.

Reviewer: Rob Hilton

7th June 2003
Spent an enjoyable week at The Quiet Site. Arrived on Saturday afternoon and the campsite was very busy, only a couple of pitches left, we were allocated a pitch next to the Gate which was a long way from the toilet block. One word of warning, this site is not level and the walk to the toilets can be quite long and uphill!!
The site is well run and friendly, a new couple has begun working there, called Vicky and Pete I believe.
Can recommend the Theakstons best bitter in the 'Olde Worlde' bar.
The site lives up to its name on weekdays but weekends can be busy.
Booking is highly recommended for weekends. Great area, lovely walks and great scenery.
Recommended.

Rob & Caroline

Reviewer: ratman151

Sept 2002
Lovely site, great walks and superb kid play area. Great on-site pub with real log fire and games/tv room for kids. I will be back here again.

Previous     211 Reviews in total, now showing 201 to 210      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth 225! Win a Coolbox Cool n Store Package worth over 235!

UKCS Meet Summer Motorhome & Caravan Show 9 - 11th June