Visitor Reviews - Stonehenge Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Stonehenge Touring Park
Orcheston
Salisbury
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SP3 4SH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01980 620304

1m  5m 10m   1m

Reviews:  110 in total, now showing 13 to 18                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Nigel Rickard 26 reviews from this member

This site is close to Stonehenge as name implies, also Salisbury. I would describe it as intimate, it was very quiet outside school holidays when we visited. Pitches level. Shop appeared to have reasonable stock. Staff friendly. Toilet/shower block is small and appeared basic from outside, but it has just been refurbished inside to a high standard, ladies being finished the week we were there. Shower temperature could vary as you used it, but no danger of scolding or freezing. The east end of the site looks out across fields and there is a footpath. Burger van offerings seemed good to us, friendly service. No pub within walking distance. Excellent place to visit Laycock Village, you could spend all day there, recommend King Johns Hunting lodge to eat lunch.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Geoffprinter 10 reviews from this member

Just got back from 6 very pleasant days here. Lovely small site with level pitches. Each pitch seemed to have its sunny times, as there are a number of trees which shaded most plots at various times of the day. We went with electric hook up and had no problems with it. The shower and toilet block were spotless every time I went in there. Mens & ladies had 2 showers. FREE Wi Fi and it worked. Friendly owners. The shop was well stocked for a small site. Good size plots. All in all a very nice site and yes I would return. The one thing it did lack was a freezer for ice blocks, but the owners did let us use theirs in the shop so not a problem for us at least.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Liamandkatie 7 reviews from this member

Lovely site! Small and very friendly. It was only about half full so there was plenty of room for the children and the dog to run around. Well signposted, so easy to find, even though it is down a lane. Toilets were clean and useable. So quiet and peaceful, a good little information shed and a small shop. We would look to stay there again if in the area!

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cyclekarl 1 review from this member

I recently cycled down to Stonehenge from Nottingham for the summer solstice I arrived at midnight and stayed awake for the event. Straight after the sun came up I went in search of a campsite and came across this lovely little place. It had a burger van there and a tea stool which was just what I needed. As soon as I was done with my breakfast I asked the older lady there about camping and she said it was her daughters site. She went to find out and came back with the price which was very expensive for one person I might add, it's 15. 00 per night for two with a car, only 1. 00 cheaper for a man with a small tent and a bicycle. It was actually full up, but the owners mother led me to her garden and only charged me 10. 00 which I thought was more reasonable. This site is just about the right size, it's well laid out and pretty. It has a shop for essentials and good showers etc, but I wouldn't go again because I am used to staying in campsites costing half the price which are just as good.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Madgooner23 1 review from this member

Absolutely love this camp site. We have been going four years now (this will be our fifth). It's a lovely location, easy to get to. Facilities are good with clean toilets and showers. The shop is great - it stocks everything you need including wine for the missus! Really nice owners and we look forward to many more years visiting.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Taffymotorhome 27 reviews from this member

After driving back home from Cornwall along the A303, and a few ' let downs ' at sites that were either too snobby or too expensive, we arrived at Stonehenge Touring Park at about 19 30hrs. The owner came and greeted us as if it were midday. She was ever so friendly and helpful, And we ended up staying another night. Ok the grass was sodden, but that is not her fault, and all the vans that were there had hard standings, The proximity to The ' Rocks' was a big plus. The only thing that I Could fault, ( if fault is the right word), was that the toilet blocks could have been warmer. Having said that, the blocks were spotlessly clean. There was a little washing up block which was handy, and plenty of hot water.

We would definitely recommend this site, and use it as a ' stop over ' on our way to or back from Cornwall.

Previous     110 Reviews in total, now showing 13 to 18      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Coming Soon!

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 100 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Get an Email