Visitor Reviews - The Quiet Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

The Quiet Site
Ullswater
The Lake District
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA11 0LS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07768 727016  or  017684 86337

5m  5m  5m  1m  1m  5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  212 in total, now showing 21 to 30                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a £300 Prize Package including £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lizziehood 8 reviews from this member

What a beautiful site! The location is amazing, surrounded by a variety of gorgeous walks, the facilities are spotless, modern and plentiful, the service is outstanding, and the bar is one of the best I've experienced in a site (think Canadian hunting lodge with mood lighting). There are pubs nearby for food, but even after we'd eaten We couldn't wait to get back to the Quiet Site bar. We extended our stay as we enjoyed this site so much. If you're looking for a loud 'hen party' style site do not come here. This campsite is all about relaxation and exceptional standards. We will definitely come here again!

Date of Visit: February 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Redorion 13 reviews from this member

Top location. It lives up to its name. There is a small outdoor play area for the kids at the bottom of the site. Not good if it is wet though as it will get wet. Has a common room come bar on site. The bar is only open when they decide it should be. This is I suspect when it is worthwhile. But that is fare enough. You can still go in and sit by the fire and, if you have toddlers, they can play on the small softplay area. Bigger kids are left to pay for their entertainment with a football table, air hockey and table tennis. £0. 30 to £1. 00 a game.

The bar area is really nice and cosy, and when it was open on the saturday night, the beer was good and not expensive.

The only concerns I would have is that the shower/toilets are not very big. 4 showers for the men and 4 for the women for a site that can hold 80 plus tents and tourers. No problems in February though !, and there is no security barrier. Small point, as it is off the beaten track, but something I have got used to.

Staff friendly, didn't have cause to use the shop. Quick look in though showed it is small and with essentials.

Back to the site itself. Park your van anyway round you fancy which is great considering the views you will want to wake upto. If you don't want to touch the car at all the there are loads of walks to be had from the site. Ullswater is only 1. 5miles away.

If you fancy eating/drinking out the there is the Brackenrigg at the end of the road which serves a good pint. Probably the best view from a beer garden I can think of. We ate at the white horse at scales which is a about 30minutes away but well worth the journey for the food and the beer.

Date of Visit: December 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mancunian63 1 review from this member

Recently stayed at the Quiet site between Xmas and New Year. New to caravanning so had a few hiccups but the staff were absolutely brilliant, with both help and advice. Toilet and shower blocks are both warm and very clean. The bar was excellent. Good atmosphere and a decent artist on. Good pub at the bottom of the road and Pooley Bridge and Penrith close by if you forget anything. Views from the top of the site are spectacular. Cannot wait to go back.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Motley 25 reviews from this member

We've been meaning to try this site for ages, but just got round to it.

I cannot praise it enough. I normally find a couple of niggles even on the best sites, not this one.

Pitches are nicely spaced out, not in regimented lines but a more casual layout. Most of them are on steps cut into the hillside with lovely views.

No public transport to speak of, but that's hardly the sites fault. Penrith us close to hand, Keswick, one of our favourite places is within half an hours drive and of course a all of the wonderful lakes.

The site has its own bar which was quite unusual, full of knick nacks and oddities. It's a converted barn with raised platforms at each end, one of which boasts a pool table.

There's a kiddies room with assorted games which keeps them under the same roof.

There was a real stroppy customer, the type that thinks the world owes him a living. His complaint was trivial, but very loud, the Owner/Warden, handled the matter with calm and tact, I would have booted him out! And he went quietly back to his van and was not seen in the bar again.

All in all a very pleasant experience and we'll definitely be heading back.

Reviewer: Karlosb69 1 review from this member

We spent 5 nights at the Quite Site and loved every minute of it! We were very lucky as the weather was hot and sunny.

We had a pitch at the top of the site on a terrace overlooking the whole campsite and over to Ullswater!

The pitch size is really good and there is a children’s play area at the bottom of the site. It has easy access and you can park your car close to your tent. There is a small shop open during the day and has essential in there to buy as well as a good selection of meats and other foods, you can even charge our phone in there for a pound! If you want more or a supermarket the closest one is only 3 miles away and is open till 10pm. There is a covered 'campers kitchen' where you can use the fridge and freezer plus a microwave. There is a recommended board with suggested places to eat and explore whilst you are visiting. On check in they also give you 4 popular walks to do from which you can walk out from the site.

The site is extremely clean with lots of shower facilities and 2 baths. I believe these has just been refurbished so everything is new.

There is a small cosy bar on site which is open 7pm-11pm and has entertainment in most evenings and reasonable selection of drinks at good prices. There is also a pub at the bottom of the hill if you fancy some pub grub and a local ale.

You can rent out tepees, caravans and little wooden lodges as well as brining your own tent.

This is one of the best campsites we’ve been to with great facilities and a cracking view of Ullswater. We will definitely be back next year!

Reviewer: Melmel74 25 reviews from this member

I LOVE this site! We stayed here for 5 (very wet and rainy) nights as part of our touring holiday. I had read about this site so many times I just had to try and I wasn't disappointed.

Ullswater is a fabulous location and we had a lovely view from our pitch. It was out first time pitching on pea gravel and I have to say it was fantastic given the rainy weather we experienced!

The toilet block was warm, clean and certainly big enough. There is a covered 'campers kitchen' where you can use the fridge and freezer plus a microwave if you wish. I think there was a also a kettle.

The absolute god-send though is the fantastic bar with it's game room, soft play and welcoming open fire. They sell some lovely real ales in here and on the Sat night we were treated to boogie woogie Will on the piano whilst Sunday night we were entertained with card tricks at the table by a lovely young magician.

Some sheep escaped into the field on our last day there which was memorable!

I certainly can't say enough good things about this site; the kids loved it, the father in law loved it, me and my partner loved it! Happy campers all round and can't wait to go back again.

Reviewer: Pdmi 1 review from this member

My wife and I stayed at the Quiet Site this August, I would agree with the reviews on cleanliness and its setting - its great and the area is terraced so there is not problem with you moving down hill when you are asleep. As to the name of the quiet site - this could be changed for the holiday time (the not so quiet site!) but you will get by.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: SonnyBlanket 1 review from this member

We stayed in a pod and for a 1st camping trip with a 5 yo & a 1 yo it was awesome. We will definitely be back for more than 2 nights next time :)

The site is easier to find than I was led to believe by some reviews and was extremely clean. I would have liked a shower over the bath in the family bathrooms to make it easier to wash the kids and me in one go but generally really impressed by the facilities.

Shop didn't have everything we needed but town was only 15 or so min drive for a large supermarket.

Lots of space for kids and despite the large numbers of children the site was quite quiet! Bar was busy and well priced in my opinion.

My only critism is really for the manufacturers of the pod - a higher up shelf would be ideal for hot dinks when the kiddies are about.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Archie65 1 review from this member

What a gem, lovely facilities and caters for all tastes. Great walks from site but you need to be aware the site is up a hill. There is a bus service but down the hill, we didn't use it but enquired. Can be limiting if you don't have own transport and are not very mobile. The on site bar is fab, full of animal heads and stuffed animals beware if you don't like that kind of thing. We were lucky to have good weather but I am sure the open fire is a delight on cold evenings, the closing times vary depending on how busy they are, and don't forget to buy your bar tea towel, great memento. All the staff are friendly and very helpful.

The dog walking area is fenced in and the dog loved running in the meadow grass and the playing area for children is excellent with their very own fort, lots of fun.

The reed beds are fascinating if you are into that stuff and the whole environmental policy gives you a feel good factor.

We will definitely be coming back, excellent site :)

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: LILLS54 3 reviews from this member

Booked this site last minute for a 2 night stay - how I wish I had booked it for longer. Very welcoming site with a small shop stocking the essentials. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them. Showers and toilet blocks immaculate and although I didn't go on any of the walks there are plenty around. The bar on site is very 'rustic' which is perfect for me and on Saturday night they usually have some form of entertainment, there was a young gentleman performing magic tricks and he was brilliant. I will definitely be booking to stay here again and for longer than 2 nights.

Previous     212 Reviews in total, now showing 21 to 30      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth £49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Coming Soon!

24 Daily Prizes worth up to £100 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth £500!
Get an Email