Visitor Reviews - Waveney River Centre

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Waveney River Centre
Staithe Road
Burgh St Peter
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR34 0BT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  10m  10m   10m  5m

Open: All Year

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  112 in total, now showing 13 to 18                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PaulaMB 16 reviews from this member

We stayed here for one night on a bank holiday weekend. The pitches are very crammed in, unless you choose to pay £42, cough, for a waterfront pitch.

I had booked a small pitch in an area next to the river but it was quite isolated and as it was just me and my daughter I decided to join the main site - what a mistake, it was like being in a car park.

When I arrived at my allocated pitch there was a car parked in it so I moved along a few pitches.

There was a big group of caravans and tents (probably 12+), they had completely taken over the place (including my allocated pitch).

We had a rotten evening, caused by a gang of teenagers/youths from this group. After hitting my car a couple of times with a ball and sending it inside my little ridge tent more than once I lost my cool!

Of course their shenanigans went on some distance away from their own pitches.

We were then subjected to the kids jumping down the bank from their level to mine, in between my tent and car, both of which were on my hedged pitch.

I did phone the office but they were closed for the evening. Apparently there is an out of hours number but I couldn't find it.

I did make the office aware the following day but they were not remotely interested!

The pool is lovely, the showers efficient and in a private 'wet room'.

Very expensive for what it is (£34 a night for two of us).

An awful experience, like camping in a rowdy car park. A bit of policing of the place would improve it tremendously, not that I will be returning to find out of course.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Sheppey Dean 1 review from this member

I love the Waveney River Centre and have seen it grow over the years as I used to moor there when I hired boats from Beccles. Now, as a disabled campervanner I am quite choosy about where I go based on facilities and Waveney has grown and for me, now has the lot!

The field itself has a row of electric hook up pitches at the top which we have used before, and they have a lovely view down over the field to the marina and river. This time we had a one of four electrical hookup pitches down the side of the field and that was very nice too and would definitely ask to have one again. All the pitches have planting between them now which I like and the area for tents has been landscaped and flattened which means they can pitch on the flat now. My only criticism of the field is that there is no path across from the far side where we were, and the facilities, Pub etc which is difficult for a wheelchair user.

The shower and toilet facilities are excellent with good access and are always in good condition and kept clean. As I said earlier the biggest problem is actually getting to them across the field especially as there is no gap in the low fence from the field to the car park.

The Waveney Inn has been facelifted this year and they have done a great job with a brand new reception area too which shows how the place has grown over the years and puts over a very professional image as you turn up. The new deck outside the pub is a lovely place to sit for a coffee, pint and or meal overlooking the marshes with glass screens to shelter from any wind. There is a new shop off of the Reception area for the essentials.

There is a small children's play area and an indoor swimming pool with a cafe overlooking the field.

The site is pretty remote, but that is another one of it's good points. There is plenty to do on site such as canoe and motorboat hire or just chill out and Lowestoft, Yarmouth and Beccles are near by, and a day out in Norwich is always nice, though use the excellent Park & Ride, it takes out all the hassle of parking in the city.

A great place and is one of our favourite campsites in the area and will be back for sure

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Richieb1 1 review from this member

We visited the site a few years ago, and quite liked it, but on our recent visit I did notice a few faults, I suppose because we have visited quite a few sites now, and could compare.

On our first visit I think the shower/wc block were quite new, they are laid out well, but with the constant heat and damp, there is some very interesting and maybe harmful bacteria growing on the shower walls and ceiling, perhaps David Bellamy might like to study and add his comments on growths in the showers, in your next brochure.

The broads are easily accessed, as the site is on the waveney, the single track road could by quite dangerous to cycle, in my opinion.

The tent pitches are badly worn, and really need to be grass seeded, and maybe set aside to re'establish the grass, it cant be to comfortable to pitch your tent on rock hard earth or mud if it's raining.

We stayed in an ecpod which was ok, so have no complaints there.

We enjoyed the waveney inn pub on our first visit the 2 guys who ran the place were ok, that spoke to everyone and on the Saturday night played music, which was really good. It is now a very naff pretend pub/restaurant, we ate there my wife had fish and chips served on a cheese cutting board, and I had sausage and mash served in a cornflake bowl, maybe the plates hadn't been washed up, but the food was ok, and all the staff there were really good, I've given 10 out of 10 for customer service because of the bar staff, it's not a bad site really but needs a bit of TLC, it needs constant maintenance but perhaps the management/ owners don't realise that there income comes from there customers. Could be a fantastic site.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Elaine147 3 reviews from this member

How this site has got such good reviews I do not know, the worst site we have been on in many years of motor homing. We paid for 4 nights but left after two feeling really disappointed. The pitch. Supposedly super pitch was so small we had to pitch our small awning sideways as we would have been walking out into bushes. The caravan next to us was only a couple of yards away so they could put awning and car on. The showers toilets were ok. But the site is miles from anywhere. There are no footpaths along the river. So when the expensive little ferry stops running at night you are stuck there. The on site pub/resteraunt is very very expensive two drinks cost us £9. 80 nearly £10 for a burger. Very cold air conditioned place with no atmosphere at all. I think they cater more for the visiting boat people. We complained when we left but were offered no refund. I wouldn't go to this site again if it was free. First bad review we have ever left.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Dobboanddobbo 4 reviews from this member

This site is good for the novelty factor of looking at all the boats and hiring one for a day. The shop on site is good for essentials and the small swimming pool is handy for rainy days however the water was very cold and the changing facilities very strange as you have to walk through the reception area to get to the pool and back. The toilet block was always cleaned at its busiest time in the morning and evening and the layout of the shower block is such that you can't see if showers are available on the other side as it is a square block. The family showers are good though for washing the little ones. The pitch sizes are tiny. We had heron the first pitch on the site and it was really difficult to park the car there but we were told that we would have to pay an additional £5 per night to park it in the main car park! Although heron pitches are advertised as the smallest pitches we actually seemed to have more space than others and to be honest some caravans and tents only seemed to have 1 or 2 feet between them! There is no entry barrier to the park. We ate in the pub one night and found the food to be expensive for what it was as it was of average quality.

There was a horrible 'drain' smell near the wooden lodges.

Overall I'm glad we went for the novelty factor but would not want to go again. We stayed 4 nights and towards the end we were feeling claustrophobic as there just wasn't much space.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Michelemillsy 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a week at the Waveney, really good site, had one of the water front pitches which had plenty of room and fantasic view.

The toilet blocks were very clean. They have 10 individual we rooms also which have a number entry system, each wet room has it's own shower, toilet and sink also hairdryer.

There is also a pool on site which is included in price for all residents, very clean.

There is a well stocked shop on site and also a pub on site which was newly refurbished this year.

Overall very good site and would definitely recommend staying here.

Previous     112 Reviews in total, now showing 13 to 18      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win AutoSock Ice and Snow Wheel Socks Win tickets to the Win a 'Best of British' Holiday worth up to £350!

UKCS Meet Caravan, Camping & Motorhome Show 23 - 28 February
The UK’s biggest start of season showcase, held at Birmingham’s NEC. Win 25 pairs of tickets!