Visitor Reviews - Waveney River Centre

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Waveney River Centre
Staithe Road
Burgh St Peter
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR34 0BT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  10m  10m   10m  5m

Open: All Year

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  116 in total, now showing 13 to 18                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Noel4827 1 review from this member

We have just had a 7 day stay at this site & it was fabulous, nicely laid out site & lot's to do on site and nearby, brilliant for kids with a good park to play in. The site is well maintained & clean, we liked that the showers were individual wet rooms, not a communal block. We spent a lot of time in the indoor heated swimming pool a very nice feature. There is also a pub and a well stocked shop on site. Boat hire or trips from here also.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Eggy55 2 reviews from this member

Absolutely great site. Fairly small, very well organised, clean and family friendly.

On site shop, pub and indoor pool are great. Small cafe with pool table etc and a great outdoor kids playground. Toilets were the best we've found and even have electric coded entrance to each door ! Pitch up next to the boats, or even hire one for about 70 a day. Great location to visit the broads of coast. Will def be back.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Georjen 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a eleven night stay had a great time, the site has wonderful scenery of the waveny river and marina loved watching the boats. Site clean and tidy, lots wild live. Shower and toilets clean, nice little swimming pool imagine gets crowded in school holidays. Waveny inn staff friendly good atmosphere great food not over priced. All staff on site very caring. A great dog friendly beach 12 miles away all sand, the site is very dog friendly as well

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Watergirls 1 review from this member

Wonderful waterside site.

We arrived by kayak from Beccles (which has an open air swimming pool open in summer months) the journey could be easy if we had checked out the tide times (amazing change in water height on this river). Beccles is worth a visit - if not by boat by foot following the riverside path.

Carlton Marshes are just across the river and a ferry runs from the site - this is one not to be missed as is the amazing church next to the site with its telescopic tower (raised in summer months and lowered in the winter).

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PaulaMB 16 reviews from this member

We stayed here for one night on a bank holiday weekend. The pitches are very crammed in, unless you choose to pay 42, cough, for a waterfront pitch.

I had booked a small pitch in an area next to the river but it was quite isolated and as it was just me and my daughter I decided to join the main site - what a mistake, it was like being in a car park.

When I arrived at my allocated pitch there was a car parked in it so I moved along a few pitches.

There was a big group of caravans and tents (probably 12+), they had completely taken over the place (including my allocated pitch).

We had a rotten evening, caused by a gang of teenagers/youths from this group. After hitting my car a couple of times with a ball and sending it inside my little ridge tent more than once I lost my cool!

Of course their shenanigans went on some distance away from their own pitches.

We were then subjected to the kids jumping down the bank from their level to mine, in between my tent and car, both of which were on my hedged pitch.

I did phone the office but they were closed for the evening. Apparently there is an out of hours number but I couldn't find it.

I did make the office aware the following day but they were not remotely interested!

The pool is lovely, the showers efficient and in a private 'wet room'.

Very expensive for what it is (34 a night for two of us).

An awful experience, like camping in a rowdy car park. A bit of policing of the place would improve it tremendously, not that I will be returning to find out of course.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Sheppey Dean 1 review from this member

I love the Waveney River Centre and have seen it grow over the years as I used to moor there when I hired boats from Beccles. Now, as a disabled campervanner I am quite choosy about where I go based on facilities and Waveney has grown and for me, now has the lot!

The field itself has a row of electric hook up pitches at the top which we have used before, and they have a lovely view down over the field to the marina and river. This time we had a one of four electrical hookup pitches down the side of the field and that was very nice too and would definitely ask to have one again. All the pitches have planting between them now which I like and the area for tents has been landscaped and flattened which means they can pitch on the flat now. My only criticism of the field is that there is no path across from the far side where we were, and the facilities, Pub etc which is difficult for a wheelchair user.

The shower and toilet facilities are excellent with good access and are always in good condition and kept clean. As I said earlier the biggest problem is actually getting to them across the field especially as there is no gap in the low fence from the field to the car park.

The Waveney Inn has been facelifted this year and they have done a great job with a brand new reception area too which shows how the place has grown over the years and puts over a very professional image as you turn up. The new deck outside the pub is a lovely place to sit for a coffee, pint and or meal overlooking the marshes with glass screens to shelter from any wind. There is a new shop off of the Reception area for the essentials.

There is a small children's play area and an indoor swimming pool with a cafe overlooking the field.

The site is pretty remote, but that is another one of it's good points. There is plenty to do on site such as canoe and motorboat hire or just chill out and Lowestoft, Yarmouth and Beccles are near by, and a day out in Norwich is always nice, though use the excellent Park & Ride, it takes out all the hassle of parking in the city.

A great place and is one of our favourite campsites in the area and will be back for sure

Previous     116 Reviews in total, now showing 13 to 18      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO Knightwick 3 Tent Win a Weekend Camping Ticket East Anglian Game & Country Fair

UKCS Meet UK Spring Motorhome & Caravan Show 2nd - 3rd April
Held in Newark with day visitors, weekend campers, club rallies and trade stands. Buy tickets, or enter our competition to win some!

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016

0.2070