Visitor Reviews - Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Cambridgeshire > Site Reviews

Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park
The Avenue
Godmanchester
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire   (Browse area)
PE29 2AF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01480 411977

1m  1m  1m 5m   1m  1m

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 13 to 18                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 1320 7 reviews from this member

We booked in at short notice as my wife's parents were stopping a few miles away in there caravan and the site they were on was fully booked.

The site itself lovely, surrounded by trees and right beside the river and marina. The problem is that it is virtually underneath the A14 and the traffic noise is very disturbing.

The facilities were not particularly clean. Although there was the usual mop and bucket to clean up after yourself in the showers I got the feeling that was the most cleaning they got, and my wife isn't that keen on sharing her shower with spiders and moths !

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Stoppercoach 2 reviews from this member

This was the 2nd visit my wife and I have made to this site.We absolutely love it. The small tent field is elevated and looks over the river.

There is nothing better than sitting outside the tent with a glass of wine and a bbq on the go,watching the sun set behind the river.

The owners are very pleasant and helpful and try to keep everyone happy.

Traffic noise is noticeable but there is no way it will put me off this site. I would sign a petition to move the A14 but don't think it will help!

There are no facilities for children as such but it is a beautiful place to be.

Showers are always clean and tidy and a mop and bucket are left so you can have a quick clean up when you have finished,takes about 30 seconds to leave them tidy for the next person.

Showers are token operated at 25p a time.Water is always hot and you should only need 1 token per shower.I did not begrudge paying for showers.

We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back again.

Date of Visit: March 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Susanj 14 reviews from this member

This site has one of the loveliest positions of a campsite, and one of the least lovely!

How can that be?

The site is alongside the river and the riverside pitches are wonderful-great views, I agree with everything people have already said. However the other end of the site is almost under the A14 and the road is not only very audible, but very visible. It is elevated and so you can see the traffic thundering along.

Tranquil it isn't.

I was disappointed, as I think previous reviewers underestimate the effect of the road. The noise didn't keep us awake, but it was just generally very intrusive.

Having said that, the location is very convenient for walking into Huntingdon-good shops and places to eat.

The owners were very helpful and kind. The site is very well kept and there are nice little touches.

There seemed to be quite a few 'seasonal' pitches.

I think so long as you aware of the effect of the road, you won't be disapponted, as the riverside position is quite lovely.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pearl Dunne 7 reviews from this member

I can only endorse what the previous reviewer wrote. It is an ideal location. Only a few minutes walk from the town and lots of fabulous walks in the area.The A14,although close, did not bother me one bit and I am a very light sleeper.

The site itself is very well kept, spotlessly clean facilities and the owners extremely nice and obliging.

I am looking forward to visiting again and I suspect I will have to book well in advance as great sites like this are vary rare.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: BigMona 96 reviews from this member

I'm sat in my deck chair still at this site as I write this review, helped by the WiFi they have here. The location by the river is stunning and last night we sat on a picnic bench over looking the river with a take away from the local Thai Restaurant which was awesome.

OK as others have said you get the noise from the A14 up above but you get used to it. I don't want to leave tomorrow.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kavanagh 4 reviews from this member

Very friendly couple who own the site, clean facilities, well kept site. Our tent was pitched in a small area in between the river and the marina, amongst the trees. A beautiful setting,

Only one downside, the noise from the A14 which was pretty constant as the road was very close by. But after a couple of beers we soon got used to it, and luckily we had brought our ear plugs!

The village of Godmanchester is within walking distance where you'll find a small convenience store and a few pubs. Lovely walk around the river.

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 13 to 18      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cambridgeshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window