Visitor Reviews - Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Cambridgeshire > Site Reviews

Huntingdon Boat Haven & Caravan Park
The Avenue
Godmanchester
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire   (Browse area)
PE29 2AF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01480 411977

1m  1m  1m 5m   1m  1m

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 13 to 18                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin your choice of a Walkers Camping Kit worth 200 or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Full info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Pearl Dunne 7 reviews from this member

I can only endorse what the previous reviewer wrote. It is an ideal location. Only a few minutes walk from the town and lots of fabulous walks in the area.The A14,although close, did not bother me one bit and I am a very light sleeper.

The site itself is very well kept, spotlessly clean facilities and the owners extremely nice and obliging.

I am looking forward to visiting again and I suspect I will have to book well in advance as great sites like this are vary rare.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: BigMona 96 reviews from this member

I'm sat in my deck chair still at this site as I write this review, helped by the WiFi they have here. The location by the river is stunning and last night we sat on a picnic bench over looking the river with a take away from the local Thai Restaurant which was awesome.

OK as others have said you get the noise from the A14 up above but you get used to it. I don't want to leave tomorrow.

Date of Visit: May 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kavanagh 4 reviews from this member

Very friendly couple who own the site, clean facilities, well kept site. Our tent was pitched in a small area in between the river and the marina, amongst the trees. A beautiful setting,

Only one downside, the noise from the A14 which was pretty constant as the road was very close by. But after a couple of beers we soon got used to it, and luckily we had brought our ear plugs!

The village of Godmanchester is within walking distance where you'll find a small convenience store and a few pubs. Lovely walk around the river.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Madaboutmybike 4 reviews from this member

I had two great nights here. We travelled up on motorbike, a very warm reception from the owner and showed us a choice of pitches.

As we started to put up the tent, it looked like we had left pegs at home, I had a chat with the owner and he promptly went to his shed and sorted enough out to get me out of trouble.

Strangely enough, we found (missing pegs) but that's camping on a bike, sharing weight load ect.

Toilets, showers superb, well kept site, lovely and clean.

Yes was some road noise but you get used to it.

Easy walks into Huntingdon and Godmanchester, and several pubs to choose from if you wish.

Would I go back, yes I would and will hopefully get there this year, if not next, highly recommend

Date of Visit: April 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: The Bostons 1 review from this member

Our first time at this site and we had a great time, its small and friendly and we had a nice welcome and help to position our caravan. Easy walks into Huntingdon and Godmanchester and on site right next to river with lovely views. I did find it noisy at night with traffic from A14 but am a light sleeper so that was expected really and we plan another visit as we were impressed with this site.

Date of Visit: April 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: 21wetstuff 1 review from this member

Our first time here, easy to find just off the A14. No queues just a nice size site and not overcrowded, with pleasantly relaxing atmosphere including fantastic river views.

Polite and welcoming owners with clean toilets / showers and tidy facilities. With a slipway to launch the inflatable! 5 min walk to Huntingdon with high street shops, restaurants etc. We'll definitely be returning soon.

Previous     33 Reviews in total, now showing 13 to 18      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cambridgeshire   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth 225! Win a Coolbox Cool n Store Package worth over 235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July