Visitor Reviews - Cwmcuttan Camp Site

Cwmcuttan
Cynghordy
Llandovery
Carmarthenshire   (Browse area)
SA20 0LY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01550750262

5m  5m  5m 5m  5m   5m  1m

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. It is a member only site - you may be able to join on arrival - please check direct with the site.

Reviews:  22 in total, now showing 13 to 18                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Carlsenior 18 reviews from this member

After stumbling across the Cwmcuttan website whilst looking for somewhere just for one night myself & partner thought we'd give it a try.

To be honest there's nothing bad I can say about this site! probably the only downside is that there is absolutely nothing there (which is what we wanted) it's one of the nicest sites to 'chill out' that we've ever been on!

There are five or six hard-standing pitches with a good power supply and well maintained road and grass areas, Chemical waste disposal fresh water and rubbish disposal facilities are all within easy reach. You have a lovely pond stocked with Carp to sit around and there are chickens & ducks in pens too. The owners are really friendly and seem as if they will do anything to help! Locally you have the Heart of Wales railway (Cynghordy Station within 5 minutes walk) to travel between Swansea & Shrewsbury and a great walk to see the impressive Cynghordy Viaduct which is probably just over a mile away -

All this for 11 per night !

We used a satellite dish to get tv and there was full signal on our mobiles.

Can't wait to go back!

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Joecroft2 6 reviews from this member

We had our first visit there in August, we thought it was a lovely site, all pitches have hardstandings lots of space between pitches, the road is also solid. You wont get TV with an aerial, but you will with a satellite dish. The phone signal was very good on 3 and vodafone, so I was able to use my laptop with a dongle. They also have a pond on site stocked with carp, you are not allowed to fish for them, but you can feed them and they will consume a full loaf of bread as fast as you can throw it in! We would definitely go there again it was so peaceful and relaxing

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: 1_man_+_his_dob(lo) 33 reviews from this member

I had two objectives when visiting this site for a couple of nights - to try out my new utility tent before making a fool of myself at an upcoming meet, and to chill out. And I'm not sure I could have picked a better site, except for the weather which seemed to involve rain every couple of hours. Oh well.Can't have everything.

As mentioned elsewhere, there are no toilet/shower facilities so I knew the utility tent would get a good testing. The water/waste disposal/recycling point is in the middle of the site which slopes down to the pond but the hard-standing pitches I drove on seemed to be level and I found a level bit of grass for my tent easily. No digital reception on my little portable TV but radio reception OK; mobile/3G reception was fine.

Spent plenty of time watching the wagtails and swallows flying around the van, and went for a couple of short walks around the lanes and paths around the site. Even had a steam train come past Saturday afternoon, albeit a bit earlier than scheduled so never got to the small platform 5 minutes walk away to see it close up.

Will definitely be returning - I didn't visit the viaduct nearby this time nor Llyn Brianne. Llandovery is about a 5-10 minute drive away and worth a visit.

Probably the most peaceful site I've visited so far. There were 3 other pitches occupied this weekend and I had no problem booking last minute. Eileen was very helpful.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Hoedown 41 reviews from this member

This is our third visit to Cwmcuttan and we took our friends in their caravan as well this time and they loved it too. We stayed there over the August Bank Holiday week, but it still felt quiet and away-from-it-all. The fact that there is no television reception is a bonus for us, if we wanted to watch TV we would stay at home!
We love to be able to sit outside in the evenings watching the birds feeding on the insects over the lake as well as feeding the fish ourselves. There are so many walks in the area, you could do a different one every day of the year and the views are magnificent.
Even though it rained 6 days out of the 7 that we were there we still managed to visit quite a bit of the area and also took the train ride in to Swansea, just for the experience of flagging down the train as it arrived at Cynghordy station!
Eileen and Mark have made this site in to a little gem, hopefully it will stay that way.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Motorhome
Reviewer: John18 2 reviews from this member

I regularly return to Cwmcuttan as it definitely grows on you. I have Sky TV and then the TV reception is perfect as we like our TV.

We like to walk the dogs and theres an abundance of forest walks nearby and they are generally quiet so the dogs can run free without worrying. I have 2 Great Danes so they can run to their hearts content. Eileen and Mark are cool with well behaved dogs so another reason why we return regularly.

If you like relaxing with wonderful views, quiet and wildlife this is the site for you.

Date of Visit: June 2008 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jan P 29 reviews from this member

This is a beautifully maintained certified site five miles outside Llandovery. There are no toilets or showers so you need to be self contained. The site has 5 hardstanding pitches set in well mown grass. All have 16 amp hookup. There is no tv signal so take the dvd player ! The area is abundant with wild life and we saw kites and buzzards above the site. There is a pond with carp, koi carp and golden rudd which come up to be fed with bread. It is one of the most beautiful and peaceful sites I have ever stayed at with the friendliest owners.

Previous     22 Reviews in total, now showing 13 to 18      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Carmarthenshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Coming Soon!

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 100 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Get an Email