Visitor Reviews - The Old Oaks Touring Park (adults Only)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

The Old Oaks Touring Park (adults Only)
Wick Farm
Wick
Glastonbury
Somerset   (Browse area)
BA6 8JS   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01458 831 437

5m  5m  1m

Open: 01/3 To 20/11

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  306 in total, now showing 291 to 300                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Reviewer: Swaudby 8 reviews from this member

June 2005
Quite simply the best campsite I have ever been to.

Facilities spotless, pitches level, natural surroundings, plenty of space, quiet, no kids, good shop and fishing. The only down point is the lack of pubs within easy walking distance.

The fishing is a little too easy which spoils the fun, the pond is stocked with carp up to 5 pounds which are very hungry. I decided to go for it one night and managed 40 carp in two hours on floating bait!

Reviewer: The Admiral 33 reviews from this member

July 2005
I can only agree with all the previous posts. We have just returned from a completely relaxing 4 days at this site. The toilets and showers were absolutely spotless and I never had to wait to use them.

Great size pitches (we were in the camping paddock) and ours was right in front of Gog and Magog the famous Glastonbury oak trees which was a real thrill for me.

Lovely shop, really friendly and helpful people and a great little guests lounge with magazines and pool table to chill out in if the weather was really grotty.

All in all a magnificent site - definitely the best one we have stayed on and we will certainly be returning next year. We have been going to Glastonbury for several years as we love the place, but have always stayed in B & B's up to now - not any more, its the Old Oaks for us every time!!

Reviewer: Lynm 75 reviews from this member

July 2005
Just arrived home after a weekend at this site. It is about the 8th site we have stayed at since starting to camp. What a perfect place. We stayed on the camping paddock which had tiered plots. They were very big and each plot had a little fence and planting to seperate form the next one.

The facilities were immaculate with a handy shop and a guest lounge. The lounge was a brilliant idea as if you were caught in the rain you had somewhere to go. It had a pool table and reading materials too.

Tis is definitely a site to come back to often as its location is perfect for Glastonbury and as a base for touring around. The best bit was the wildlife, birds and rabbits were not too timid so you could sit there and spot.

If you want peace and quiet and a place that really lets you chill in the shadow of the Tor then this is it.

Reviewer: Dragonsand 4 reviews from this member

June 2005
All I can say here is PERFECT. This camp site has it all, it's well organised, everything you want is on site. There are a lot of country walks to Glastonbury or Glastonbury tor. I seen many rabbits and wild life while camping here.

Toilets are very clean, showers are free, only Baths did you pay for and I guess laundry, never used that. Everything you need was on hand. Anyone wanting to visit Glastonbury you cant go far wrong here.

This is an adult only site so if you have children it's no use to you, but anyone looking for a bit of peace and to enjoy the Glastonbury countryside without screeming kids around this is a must. 10/10

Reviewer: KAS1976 1 review from this member

May 2005
What an excellent site for our first ever camping trip. We arrived a little nervous as we were complete newbies, and nervous about putting our tent up with an audience. But this site was well spaced and quite empty (being the beginning of May) so we got on with it at our own pace and we managed it!!!

When we were set up we sat down for a cuppa and looked around at just how beautiful our surroundings were. The site being on a hill, (level pitches) we had stunning views across the country side and behind the site you looked straight up at the Tor. The pitch next to us was occupied by a family of wild bunnies, which for a couple of townies was amazing to wake up to each morning.

The site itself was great. So great that other sites are going to have a tough time pleasing us in the future. I could say it was the best site we have ever been to, but then I have nothing to compare it to!! The facilities were spotless. We went with the miss conception that the showers and toilets would be dirty and gloomy, but infact they were cleaned daily and were lovely. They have 3 individual showers in the ladies, 2 wash cubicles and there are also 2 separate shower/toilets for uni-sex use. All these facilities are key coded for security. The water is always hot and free, they never ran out of toilet paper and there are free hairdryers. What more could you want? Oh yeah maybe the 6 washing up sinks (under cover) laundry room, freezer service, token payable bathroom (yes with real bath!!) recycle rubbish area, water points around the site, CDU, games room with pool table and a very well stocked shop.

We only went off site a couple of times, one time to visit Clarkes village, which is about 10 mins away. There are great shops there at discounted prices. We also had a trip into Glastonbury, that was interesting!! A bit hippy for us but was a facinating experience!! Lots of crystal shops. There are lots of other things to do in the area and there is lots of information about such places in the games room at the site.

What more can I say about this site apart from I can't recommend it enough. We spent 6 nights of peace and quiet here, away from the hussle and bussle of our normal lives and absolutely loved it. We will be back next year.

Reviewer: Tonkatyler 3 reviews from this member

July 2004
I would hazard a guess that I was the youngest person staying on the site the weekend I was there - but I am 30! It was blissful to stay at my first ever kids free site. The most peaceful, tranquil site I have ever stayed at. Toilet facilites were immaculate and modern, site was well laid out, shop well stocked, pitches nice and big, didn't see one item of litter the whole stay and the re-cycling facilities were excellent. If you want pools, loud bars, kids play areas, noise and all the other things the main stream sites suffer don't visit Old Oaks, if you want a beautiful place to realx it's perfect.

My one tiny little critisism was that even though the freezers were virtually empty you were only allowed to put ice packs in them. It stated anything else found would be destroyed. It was a VERY hot weekend when I satyed and keeping things cool was hard. Maybe re-stricting each plot user to one small bag allowed in the freezer would make sense. This may seem a little picky but it was the only thing that I could fault!!! Sorry!

Reviewer: Chatten 3 reviews from this member

September 2004
A really good campsite with excellent shower facilities. We had a really good stay, the site was peaceful and relaxing. The shop had all of the things that you need at reasonable prices. A bit of a walk to the nearest pub but we would still come back and stay here again as it is one of the best sites we have stayed on.

Reviewer: Gavsuze1206 2 reviews from this member

August 2004
This was our second trip away which was without the kids (an adult only site). The site is excellent with various different fields for tents, campers, caravans, etc. The toilet and shower block was immaculate as was the washing up area, also included was free ice pack freezing, reception and a small shop. Beautiful views together with a lovely quiet site but quite a walk through fields and footpaths if you don't want to take the car into town. A GREAT SITE AND WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR.

Reviewer: Merry Terrier 16 reviews from this member

August 2004
Really, all I can do is endorse what the others have said! A very well planned and maintained site with large pitches, outstanding views out over the countryside and a well organised central facilities area for the toilets, showers, washing up etc. Very dog friendly. Good shop with long opening hours. One mile walk over well marked footpaths and quiet lanes to the Tor and a further mile into Glastonbury itself. Very peaceful.

The only possible quibble I can come up with, if I am being very picky indeed, is that although I like quiet sites The Old Oaks is so very (ssh!) very (sssh!) quiet that I did find it a bit unnerving when I arrived as I had never stayed on an adults only site before but soon got used to!

Reviewer: carpyone 3 reviews from this member

May 2004
We visited the site in May 2004 for the first time, we returned in June and July and are booked on for 12 nights in August and another ten in September.As you can guess this site meets all our requirments. My wife is disabled but the facilities they provide for her are better than any other site we have visited, including a double size wetfloor shower big enough to get a chair in and still be able to get in and shower her. There is also a second disabled wc. Both are accessed using a Radar key. The main toilet block is immaculate, cleaned to the highest standard.

The site has various camping areas including Walnut Paddock Cicle which are hardstanding super-pitched fully serviced. The owners, Jim and Sally White, are always on hand to help. They are a rare couple as they don't charge the super-pitch supplement if a member of your party is disabled. The whole site is well cared for, all grass cuttings, even on the large top field are collected so none of them are carried into the van. The dog exercise area is first class and the fishing lake is very good with easy access even for the disabled.

To sum up The Old Oaks is a quiet peaceful site,beautifully maintained and a haven in a mad world.

Previous     306 Reviews in total, now showing 291 to 300      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more