Visitor Reviews - Riverside Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Riverside Caravan Park
Leigham Manor Drive
Marsh Mills
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
PL6 8LL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m   5m

Reviews:  73 in total, now showing 19 to 24                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Crickard33 1 review from this member

Have to say this is a great site if not one of the best we have stayed on. we are a family of 5 and have stayed all over Devon and Cornwall. we are local to this site so that is an added bonus, but read all the other reviews, as far as I am concerned all the positive reviews are accurate. pitches large and clean, bar area is dated but part of its charm, the food is great and reasonably priced. Pool is a great addition for the kids! The play area is a little small and dated but our boys still seemed to have fun! The staff are lovely friendly and helpful!

When it comes to the negative I will explain there seem to be two receptionist one is lovely very helpful and the other well make your own mind up !

I know first impressions count and I think this is where the negative reviews stem from, So don`t be put off !

It has a lot to offer

Reviewer: LSA85 3 reviews from this member

Complete shame about this site, the facilities are all there and it's a great spot but the staff are not up to scratch. They are rude and not customer focused! There are a lot rules barked at you when you arrive and once they have taken your money they don't seem very interested in much else.

Toilets were fine, swimming pool was a bit dirty and the games room was messy and out dated.

Shops are close by and other activities too. Good for dog walking because of the river except the rules say the dogs are not be walked on the site at all so don't know if that means they have to be taken off in the car, we did this anyway as want sure.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mark26 11 reviews from this member

Just returned from a 10 night stay at this park. The park was very easy to get to, just off the main road and staff very helpful. Toilets where clean and so was the park. Only used club once so can't really comment. Kids used pool most days, was a bit dirty with leaves, think they only clean it in the morning, but kids didn't mind. Pitches where good size and easy to get in to. Playground was a bit small, my two missed not having swings, but all in all a good little park and would return.

Date of Visit: February 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Joe dalton 1 review from this member

We have been to this site seven times, which will tell you a lot about the facilities. The staff are great, friendly and very helpful. My wife and I love it here. We have been coming here for three years. Toilets are clean and showers are good. The bar when open is very relaxed and good. Steve the barman is great. We will be back agfain this year in summer and autum. Cant rate it high enough.

A great base for all things plymouth and devon

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Susanmarlow 1 review from this member

Spent 3 nights at this sight early in Sept, blessed by lovely weather, had phoned the day before to check they had vacancies which they did. Owing to other commitments I didn't book and unfortunately when we arrived we were told we couldn't stay for the week only for 3 nights as fully booked over the weekend. It appeared that because the weather was so glorious everyone had decided to book with them. This meant we couldn't avail ourselves of the special offer for the over 55s of £85 pw including hookup. I did suggest that we stay for the 3 nights and went away for the weekend and continued our week the following Sunday but unfortunately they wouldn't accept this saying that the 7 nights had to be taken consecutively.

I found the site to be very clean and tidy. We were on a standard plot, very quiet at night. Toilet blocks very satisfactory, but could have done with a duck board to stand on after coming out of the shower.

We ate one night in the clubhouse and had the evening special which was fine. The clubhouse is a bit dark and dated but I felt for what one was paying it offered very good value for money. We didn’t use the park and ride instead we used the no 50 bus which ran very close to the site and every 15 minutes, making very good use of our bus passes.

Didn’t use the on site shop but walked across to the Sainsbury’s superstore. I would definitively used this site again, making sure I book it next time. I found the staff very friendly.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sassie69 12 reviews from this member

This site has an excellent location just of the A38 which makes it ideal for touring the area. Its just off an industrial estate but once you are on the site you wouldn't know as its very quiet with lots of trees surrounding it.

There is a park and ride which was about 20 mins walk away, the shortcut was too wet to use due to the heavy rain. Unfortunately the park and ride has a height barrier so we couldn't drive the motorhome there. It was also quite expensive compared to other park and rides we have used (£2.20 per person) and I paid full price for my daughter.

We paid £4 per night extra for a superpitch. I am not sure it was worth the extra, it was level and spacious but so were many of the other pitches. The water and draining point were in front of the pitch not on it and I can see that this prevents the risk of hitting them with your outfit but we did see other people on the standard pitches directly behind ours using them. Also there is no nice stretch of grass at the side to sit out and the caravan at the side of us was very close once it had its awning out.

The toilet blocks are clean, the one farthest from reception is the better of the two. The main problem was there was nothing to stop the floor getting wet which makes getting dressed more tricky. As they have big cubicles containing a sink and toilet then I went in there to get dry after showering which worked ok. Improvements I would like to see are better lighting in the showers at night and a concrete path from the superpitches to the toilet block as you currently have to walk across the grass.

The club house and games room are very dated. The staff are very friendly and the food was ok but the promised entertainment never happened and it wasn't the sort of relaxing place we would want to sit and drink in so we tended to give it a miss.

We didn't use the pool but it looked fine.

We would visit this site again due to the central but quiet location

Previous     73 Reviews in total, now showing 19 to 24      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 – 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!