Visitor Reviews - Beverley Holidays

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Beverley Holidays
Goodrington Road
Paignton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ4 7JE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  71 in total, now showing 19 to 24                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sues07 3 reviews from this member

We have just returned from this campsite, and cant express how nice we found it! I admit the weather probably helped our decision but we have all agree to go there again.

The showers and toilets are the cleanest we have experienced and the fact the bathrooms are there for families made it a winner in our book.

Our pitch was fairly flat but there were others which were more of an recline, but the views I feel would make up for this.

The staff are especially helpful and love to help and talk to the kids, which I found is a different feel to a few weve visited!

The pools were very clean and I always saw a cleaner somewhere on the site during the day.

Shop was very well stacked and reasonably priced.

We took a trip to the sea front and the helpfulness of people seems to be a general thing in paignton, helpful doesn't cover it!

The only 2 down points we found for the site was the clay/mud (trying to clean the ground sheet was a nightmare) and the seagulls, both are natural things that cant be helped!

Reviewer: Rachel5 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a weeks stay with my husband and 5 children and my in laws. On arrival we were escorted to our pitch first impressions site was clean good views.

The facilities are great good entertainment with a soda bar so my kids could go and buy their own drinks, reasonably priced takeaway outlet and shop. The indoor pool was small and cold and only baby changing facility was in one of the two changing cubicles none in the outdoor changing rooms either so had to get him dressed on a sun lounger by the outdoor pool. Outdoor pool is heated hence majority of guests were using it. There are several free family bathrooms which were clean and was great to be able to bath my 2 year old son. There is a table tennis court on site but always busy so never got to use it, a good tennis court on site and a 11 hole crazy golf which my kids enjoyed. If wanting to eat out Richies diner is great on the Totness road we just fell upon it by chance, it is a traditional American diner with a jukebox, food portions great for price. My only negative for this site is it was noisy which was not good when camping with children, I had people coming back from the clubhouse shouting etc up until 12. 30 am, sat outside talking loudly till the early hours. Also you get the noise from the road which was quite busy. I enjoyed my stay but not sure I would return due to this.

Reviewer: Hawkins5 4 reviews from this member

Just returned after a lovely week at Beverley. My only comment would be more showers facilities are needed as 4 wasn't enough for 2 large rent fields.

The out side swimming pool was lovely even if full all the time. As everyone else has said the shop is very reasonable priced.

The beach at goodrington sands is excellent and the waterpark is a great way to spend and afternoon and there is a lovely brewers fair restaurant to sit and watch the sunset go down.

Babbacombe model villages is a must to see especially if you can return at night for the illuminations.

Reviewer: Soulcruiser 1 review from this member

Good clean site with plenty of space overlooking the sea. Shower blocks and toilets were very clean and tidy.

The indoor pool was good but small. Also this area consisted of a sauna, steam room and gym. The outdoor pool was bigger and more used. The shop was full but as you would expect a little pricey but convenient.

The arcade again was small, could do with enlarging this for the amount of people on site.

The tent pitch was really suited for a caravan as it was under a tree and the tree roots made it virtually impossible to get the tent pegs into the ground without bending them and the ground was soil not grassed.

Few other bits were that you have to pay for the wi-fi and also nowhere to refreeze your ice packs, however, you can loan some from the shop for a cost of coarse.

Apart from these little moans overall a good clean site and would return soon.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Foofoo001 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at Beverley Park in our tent. There was myself, my husband, our two young daughters and my mum. I wanted to write a review to let everybody know what a lovely site this is.

The site is immaculate, the staff are friendly and helpful, the facilities are modern, clean and well looked after.

The location of the park is also great, I highly recommend a trip to Goodrington Sands, which is just at the bottom of the hill, this beach is sandy and pebbley, plenty of rockpools and the steam train passes just above the beach.

We were only due to stay at the site for 4 nights and extended our stay, we just wish we were able to stay for longer!

We will definitely be returning!

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Larraine55 4 reviews from this member

Had a great 10 days here, the site is in a lovely elevated position with good sea views, this does mean it is a fair walk to the beach though.

Staff friendly and helpful and a well stocked shop. Food prices a bit pricey but the food was nice. The pool was too small for the size of the site and we ended up using the leisure centre at torquay. Toilets and showers clean and tidy, although the water in the showers could be a bit hotter.

We had an electric tent pitch with a nice sea view, although I think we were lucky here as there seemed to be only a few that had the view.

Nice play park for the boys and they made friends with other children about, they have decided that we are going again next year!

Previous     71 Reviews in total, now showing 19 to 24      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers