Visitor Reviews - Sandwich Leisure Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Sandwich Leisure Park
Woodnesborough Rd
Sandwich
Kent   (Browse area)
CT13 0AA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  10m  1m  5m   5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  124 in total, now showing 19 to 24                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin £200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Wilkos 11 reviews from this member

We stayed in a wooden supertent which was great. The children slept in the roof, via a ladder - they loved it. Very comfortable/clean accommodation and a lovely site with friendly staff. Bookings must be paid for in full at time of booking. 100% recommended site. Will definitely be returning. Just a few minutes walk from supermarket/pubs etc of historic Sandwich. Nb. Bikes/scooters not allowed on site.

Reviewer: Lisahicks 4 reviews from this member

Quick and easy check in and was given a choice of pitch as a cancellation had just been received. Found pitch to be level but on the small side but electric and water close by. As it was bank holiday weekend the site was very busy and the small children's park overcrowded and with no space to play ball games. We didn't have to queue for the toilets and the shower areas were clean and we liked the showers that were large enough to have a WC and wash basin in, very good for families.

The site was noisy at nights with quite a few large party's of friend/ family's enjoying themselves until 1. 30am! Also you can hear trains as the track runs along side a stretch of the site, also road noise can be heard,

Sandwich is a lovely town and we had a lovely meal at the Crispin Inn and also at Thai Time. Lots of real ale pubs and cream tea places.

Would visit sandwich again but will stay on a smaller quieter site which has plenty of space for the kids to play and for us to have a bit of privacy between pitches.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Wildvoice 14 reviews from this member

Stayed on this site for a week's long break which included the bank holiday. Have to say that upon arrival staff were very friendly and pitch was a good size with water and drainage. That's the positive over, showers were dirty and smelly only 5 in total, dirty mop in corner which no one used, very dark in the shower room both male and female the water pressure was non existent we did complain was told they would try to sort it, the site over the weekend was full so you could imagine that the facility's they have are inadequate. Train noise didn't really bother us and the site was fairly clean. Have to agree with others that the site is in a good location to explore around and about, but as a regular cc site visitor this site falls well behind their standard especially when you look at the price you pay. It's not a site we will visit again.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Peterpaw 4 reviews from this member

My wife & I had this camp site recommended to us. We are both new to camper vanning and of all the sites we have experienced so far this year this one tops the bill for not returning!

We arrived and it appeared that the staff were in a little bit of a 'stew' to say the least yet were very pleasant. We received our allocation for a plot. We arrived about mid-day so were able to set up straight away.

After a light snack, my wife & I went off for a stroll around Sandwich. Being fairly local we knew Sandwich reasonably well and enjoyed the gentle stroll.

Upon our return to the site, we were confronted with a caravan parked on our plot and on the only available piece of grass a Range rover was parked! I could not speak to the person directly as he was constantly on the telephone!

I went to the office, and as soon as I started to express our dilemma someone perked up and said, 'oh, so sorry, I know what I've done, I put someone else on your plot.

With a rather weak apology, rather than asking them to move, I was asked to! I said that we were there first and we were already set up and my wife was cooking! I requested at least for the car to be moved which they agreed to do.

However, once I returned the car was still there and I was then approached by the person that owned the car. He apologised to me and said that it was broken down and they had called for assistance. Naturally, I could not in my heart do nothing about this.

As we were only there for one night my wife and I decided to put it all down to experience. Did we receive an offer of reduction on what we paid out for our plot - no!

As for the site, well it was clear to us both that they were clearly after making a fast 'buck' by the way they were cramming everyone and anything into the site. Clearly the plot we were given was for one vehicle or tent and was numbered so on the site power supply unit as well as the site plan given to us.

If you don't mind being like a sardine in a can, then the site is OK for you. But certainly for the money, we have both experienced better!

Peterpaw

Reviewer: Ian A Lister 2 reviews from this member

My wife and I have just returned from a weeks camping at this wonderful site. This is a great base from which to explore Kent. We arrived on a Saturday to a busy campsite but had a pitch, intended for 4 tents, all to ourselves for the first six nights. With it being outside the school holidays the site seemed to empty on the Sunday with the 'weekenders' all going home so that the rest of the week was really quiet and peaceful. By the Friday it was getting busy again and I presume will be busier over the school holidays.

The toilet facilities are quite immaculate. Yes, when it was quiet, the main blocks were closed and the unisex facilities were opened, but this didn't bother us as they were never that busy. The camp kitchen is fantastic, with plenty of Fridge/Freezer facilities available and the wash up area is undercover and kept very clean. The town of Sandwich is 'oldy wordly' and quite quaint, which we enjoyed. The town has a modern co-op for all your needs and the local chip shop offers small/medium/large portions (be aware, the Large is more like 'whale and chips').

The site owners were great and whilst we had very little to bother them with, when we did, they were extremely friendly and helpful.

All-in-all, this is a 10/10 site as far as we are concerned and well worth the long drive down from Glasgow to visit.

Reviewer: Shandy boy 5 reviews from this member

Just returned. Lovely site. Only downside they closed the separate men and women's facilities when it was quiet. You had to use the unisex facilities instead. Grounds well kept and nice touch with a camping kitchen with fridge and freezer as well as 2 microwaves. Lots of things to do in the area Dover castle is a good day out. Campsite less than 10 minute walk to train station so you can visit broadstairs or Margate. Try the sausages from the sausage company in sandwich best I have tried. Nice food at the St Peter's restaurant as well as the George and dragon in sandwich.

Previous     124 Reviews in total, now showing 19 to 24      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win £300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzzwing Tilting and Folding 4 Bike Rack 5 pairs of Weekend Camping Tickets for the UK Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 18 - 21 August 2017
East Yorkshire - the world’s biggest tribute band music festival, discounted tickets too ...more