Visitor Reviews - Devizes Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Wiltshire > Site Reviews

Devizes Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Spout Lane
Nr Seend
Melksham
Wiltshire   (Browse area)
SN12 6RN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m

Reviews:  110 in total, now showing 19 to 24                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Reviewer: SvenBoy 10 reviews from this member

Just enjoyed a 2 night stay at this lovely site. It was my 3rd visit in as many years. As stated in previous reviews, the wardens are the friendliest bunch you could wish for. I had a small tent and a motorcycle. I cannot fault any of the site facilities. Also it is a stones throw from 'The Three Magpies' a very friendly pub. A good location for an enjoyable day out on the bike. I went to the lovely village of Castle Combe. Also ideally situated for The Marlborough Downs.

I have just one small point, but I'm sure if I had thought to ask my request would have been granted (will remember next time). Once I had been shown to my pitch - I had to quickly erect my tent before the next shower. I then realised I was right at a entrance to the children's play area. It did get a bit noisy at times, not so much with children playing in the area, but constant running to and fro near the entrance. This aside, I will definitely make Devizes one of my regular stops, but will request a pitch in a more out of the way spot on the site.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Nanny 22 3 reviews from this member

Just returned home from another stay at this lovely site. The weather was extremely hot but the wardens were still about making sure everything was as it should be. The site was full when we were there but the toilet block was spotlessly clean and never once did I have to queue for a shower. This site is a credit to the wardens. Lets hope the standard doesn't drop when Pete and Dawn leave shortly. They will be a hard act to follow.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Royston 01 4 reviews from this member

Definitely the best site visited this year and have already made reservation for the late summer. Very easy access. Staff and facilities second to none. All pitches are easily got on to with a nice space between each unit. Some lovely walks behind the huge dog walking area. Good bus service to Devizes just opposite site entrance. Brilliant shopping and markets in Devizes. On arrival I was taken to my allotted pitch and assisted parking up. Also as I am disabled given a spot near the disabled toilet and a key to get in. The only prob. for me was that the week I was there was the week when all hedges were trimmed and all grass cut, so for three days The wail of hedge trimmers and the chuntering of the lawn mowers filled my otherwise peaceful rest.

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: DandT 18 reviews from this member

The wardens at this site are about the most helpful we have met. They went out of their way to sort out a request we had regarding our dogs even before we arrived. They continued the good work throughout our stay. The welcome was as friendly and helpful when we arrived.

The site is immaculate and beautifully maintained. All pitches with hook-up are fully hardstanding and so we needed extra pegs for our awning. It is very quiet, with no road or traffic noise - although the Blackbirds and Robins could be a bit noisy at dawn!

There are dog walks along the canal nearby, in a field near the entrance and at one end of the site.

The nearby pub serves good food and has a nice garden. The walks along the canal are very pleasant and there are many interesting places to visit by bike or car in the area.

The only minor downside for us was the toilet and shower block. It is spotlessly clean and well maintained but we felt it was just a little too small for the size of the site. There were 4 WCs and showers and 6 wash hand basins in the gents' and 4 showers with 6 WHBs and WCs in the ladies'. There was always some queueing in the mornings. This really is a minor point but one to consider in high season although the site was nearly full for our visit.

In short this is a very well maintained and well run site in a very good location. Would recommend it without hesitation.

Date of Visit: January 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: BJefferson 3 reviews from this member

Very nice site. The wardens were friendly and helpful. The toilet block was warm, clean and pleasant. The situation is quiet and close to the canal, with an easy walk to Caen Hill locks and Devizes. The only downer was that my wife came down with a bad case of gippy tummy after eating at the pub (The Three Magpies). I can't guarantee a connection but it has put us off eating there again. (It was bad timing as well, as the pump on our Thetford malfunctioned at the same time!)

Date of Visit: December 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Nic green 5 reviews from this member

We stayed here for several nights over the Christmas and New Year period. Despite the terrible weather all staff worked very hard to keep all the facilities spotless during what was also a a very busy period with large numbers on site. The welcome and ongoing help from all staff here is second to none. This is why our club is known as the friendly club because of the good cheer and passion of the managers and wardens.

We would recommend this site to anyone without reservation and we will be back.

Previous     110 Reviews in total, now showing 19 to 24      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Wiltshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!